LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 242 users in the forums

What Team is Most Likely to Trade Down in the Top 10?

What Team is Most Likely to Trade Down in the Top 10?

What team is most likely to trade down?

If I had to pick one, it would be the Cleveland Browns, because their biggest need is WR and AJ Green will already be gone. Plus, they sit right in front of us so any team who is eying a quarterback can pay Cleveland for the privilege of jumping in front of us. Minnesota trading up for Gabbert (giving Cleveland a #2) makes sense.

A second possibility is Arizona -- they can trade with whoever wants a quarterback (they're going vet QB) and they can fill some of the multiple holes they have (pass rusher, OT, etc.).

Third most likely is Dallas -- their biggest needs are OT and CB. If Amukamura is gone, I don't see anyone else that makes sense...they trade down and take an OT.

Fourth most-likely is Washington. They're a bit depleted in picks from the McNabb trade, and if Shanahan can pick up an additional second-rounder to score a quarterback he favors (Christian Ponder in the second to WAS?), that would make sense. They can still pick up a WR in the first round.

I think the 49ers and the Broncos are the least likely teams to trade down. The Broncos biggest glaring need is at CB, and they can snag Peterson right there at #2. I don't think we trade down because our biggest three needs are CB, QB, and DL...and at least one of the 7 or 8 elite players should be there at #7 (Gabbert or Locker would be in the Top 8 as well).
[ Edited by nickbradley on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:51 AM ]
Dallas - Jones loves to wheel and deal.
I agree, Cleveland will likely move out to anyone who wants to take Gabbert ahead of us. AZ will likely stay put and pick the best pass rusher/CB available (Bowers, Quinn or Prince).
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Dallas - Jones loves to wheel and deal.

I think Jerry would LOVE to trade down and still draft a left tackle.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I agree, Cleveland will likely move out to anyone who wants to take Gabbert ahead of us. AZ will likely stay put and pick the best pass rusher/CB available (Bowers, Quinn or Prince).

spot-on, but I don't think AZ will consider a CB unless Patrick Peterson has a flukish fall to #5.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

spot-on, but I don't think AZ will consider a CB unless Patrick Peterson has a flukish fall to #5.

Prince would be a stretch for them, but not out of the realm given how weak their CBs are.

Prince would be a stretch for them, but not out of the realm given how weak their CBs are.

Yes. But Wisenhunt is more likely to try to emulate the pass rush he had in Pittsburgh.

Yes. But Wisenhunt is more likely to try to emulate the pass rush he had in Pittsburgh.

Yah, they'll likely snag Quinn if he's sitting there at #5.

Yah, they'll likely snag Quinn if he's sitting there at #5.

Yes, or Bowers if he falls. Cincy could put Quinn over Bowers due to consistency.
I can see Cleveland trading up with Buffalo if Carolina doesn't get Green. It would be smart for both teams I think.

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I can see Cleveland trading up with Buffalo if Carolina doesn't get Green. It would be smart for both teams I think.

That would be a good, bold move by Holmgren. The question is whether AJ Green is that much better than Julio Jones.
Share 49ersWebzone