LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 159 users in the forums

Who's the QB of the future?

Fox Sports think: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mock-draft-2011-carolina-panthers-daquan-bowers-clemson-top-pick-010711

I am all for it. We got rid of one QB topic with N. Davis, A. Smith's history also (Baalke confirmed that), and Troy is two years away to being good QB, if they retain him. I am sure they will cut D. Carr soon also.

I have been seeing the trend on why taller QBs have more success than shorter ones, and I come to an assessment that taller QBs afford themselves an average 2 t0 4 seconds advantage on pass plays because of their height. I believe that if Peyton Manning was 6 foot, 1 inch, he would not have achieved the kind of success he accomplished, but he is almost 6 foot 7 inches.

As for my argument on the next great 49er QB, I expect Harbaugh to be able to quickly mold this guy because he has impressive football talent. I just hope this guy is a hard worker though, we can't afford the Jamarcus fiasco.
James VanderBeek
I dont want Cam Newton near this team.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

• boast
  • Hella Fame
same f**king thread wrapped in a different f**king title.

• mod
  • Veteran
Ricky Stanzi
Originally posted by boast:
same f**king thread wrapped in a different f**king title.

here we go again!
Originally posted by valrod33:

Fresh Meat.

I would love to know why?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Fresh Meat.

because he's dumb

Originally posted by modninerfan:

Fresh Meat.

because he's dumb

ok thanks....you have all made us dumber for reading your response.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Fresh Meat.

because he's dumb

ok thanks....you have all made us dumber for reading your response.

• Otter
  • Veteran

Fresh Meat.

When scouts are comparing your desire, work ethic, and attitude toward improving your football intelligence to Jamarcus Russel, I don't want you near the team.

The guy is an incredible athlete, but also appears to be an incredible project to transition him to the pro game. Based on the stories about his study habits, it does not appear to bode well for him. He could surprise, but I'm not sure we can afford the gamble after the last 6 seasons.
Originally posted by Otter:

Fresh Meat.

When scouts are comparing your desire, work ethic, and attitude toward improving your football intelligence to Jamarcus Russel, I don't want you near the team.

The guy is an incredible athlete, but also appears to be an incredible project to transition him to the pro game. Based on the stories about his study habits, it does not appear to bode well for him. He could surprise, but I'm not sure we can afford the gamble after the last 6 seasons.

What REAL scouts are making those comparisons, and what credible evidence do they have, other than to compare one big, black, southern QB to another? I'm not saying we should pick him, but let's try and separate fact from internet speculation.
Originally posted by Otter:

Fresh Meat.

Really? I dont think any scout has dared to compare him to Russell. I have read nowhere, other than posters that arent familiiar with Cam, automatically assuming he is another JaMarcus because of his size.

Work Ethic....and Attitude about improving? hmmmm 3 different versions of the spread in 3 years. 3 championships (2 starting). I think his ability to learn and improve on what he has learned can be put to rest.

Desire? He is a natural leader...and constantly brought Auburn back while trailing....he has moxy and has the desire to will his team to a victory.

Otter there were 2 other examples of running qb's that came from gimmicky offenses in college, Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick. Both took their teams to the playoffs their second year. They were considered projects too. Dont hang yourself up on those criticisms.
Share 49ersWebzone