LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 147 users in the forums

My mock draft(will become mock offseason later)

Originally posted by benny19421:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
First off this is if we don't make the playoffs and we finish 6-10, if we do make it I'd take DeAndre McDaniel or Aaron Brown at 21 most likely. I'd also switch back to a 4-3

round 1: Nick Fairley from Auburn, DT

We haven't had a disruptive interior player here in forever, and a DT who can get to the opposing QB is worth their rather large amount of weight in gold. Just look at what Warren Sapp did in TB, or Haynesworth when he was in Tennessee and they used him correctly. These guys aren't as effective in a 3-4 when they're eating up blockers and holding gaps, but when you put them in a 4-3 they ball out.

round 2: Ricky Stanzi from Iowa, QB

I like Stanzi a lot. He already plays in a pro style O and he has experience reading defenses and dropping back from under center. A lot of their offense comes from his arm and while their record wasn't great and they underperformed a little bit as a team, he still played really well. He's only thrown 4 picks and he's completed 64.8% of his passes with a YPA over 8. So that shows me he's gotten better from last season, he's more accurate, he doesn't make stupid decisions anymore, he doesn't throw only dump off passes, and he already has played in a pro style offense so he's more ready to play. His footwork looks good and he is a pocket passer. Overall, while his physical tools aren't the greatest, they're still good and I feel like he has that "it" factor that good QBs have. Some QBs don't develop and just have potential(like Alex Smith), other QBs need to be coached up to do well(Cutler under Martz vs Cutler under Ron Turner), while other QBs just mentally get the game and they can just go out there and play(like Tom Brady). I feel Stanzi is in the 3rd tier where he might not throw the ball 90 yards, but mentally he understands the game and he's pretty well polished. This is a guy the Pats were supposedly sniffing around already and they are a smart franchise.

round 3: Ahmad Black from Florida, S

He would be a heck of a find in round 3. I don't even know if he'll still be there, but he is on AB's big board so even though a lot can change I put him here. He has shown good ball skills(11 INTs in his career) and he can cover. I don't know how great a comparison this is, but he reminds me a little bit of Nate Allen in height and agility. Would be a good compliment to a hard hitter like TMays back there.

round 4: Leonard Hankerson from Miami, WR

I really would want to get a quicker WR here, and I almost went with Vincent Brown from SD St. But I went with Hankerson because he's got height(6'3''), and we have no tall WRs. In addition, he has really good production (1k yards and 12 TDs) so if you could get him here that'd be a steal. He also has played against good competition, so he's somewhat proven. I'm a big fan of him but if he may not be here or you guys don't like him, he's semi interchangeable with Vincent Brown on ABs big board.

round 4(from Chargers): Jacquizz Rodgers from Oregon State, RB

I wanted to go defense here, but I don't know if any good corners will slip and the only DE I was really looking at would be Cliff Matthews. He's on a good team and has some production and his family members were all successful NFL players, but I dunno because he's not going to automatically be as good as his family members obviously. I thought about taking Colin McCarthy too, but he might not be there right here either. So I went with Quizz Rodgers, who has been the main part of Oregon State's offense pretty much and has a lot of talent. He's one of the fastest RBs in the draft and he can catch the ball pretty well too. He's possibly going to get a lower grade from a lot of teams because he's only 5'7'', but he's still fast and strong so I would take him. MJD and Ray Rice are only like 5'8''. I don't know if an inch of height at the RB position really makes that much difference. We could run a lot of screens with him and he would give us the Earth/Wind/Fire type of backfield that NYG had a few years ago, and the type that the Pats use now. It's a bit of a gamble because of his height but honestly, if he declares for the draft and we could get him in the 4th why not? He's only a junior so it's not even a guarentee he comes out btw.

5th round: Stanley Havili from USC, FB:

He's a pretty talented guy. He can run a little bit and he can catch the ball too, so for a FB he adds a little bit to your offense. It's time for Moran Norris to go IMO, as he makes our O more predictable now. He's probably talented enough to go a little higher than this, but teams usually dont draft FBs in the first 4 rounds.

Other players I'd be interested in, depending on our record and who is available where we're picking:

DeAndre McDaniel S
Rahim Moore S
Aaron Brown CB
Mark Herzlich OLB
LaMichael James RB
Shane Vereen RB
most QBs
Jeff Maehl WR
Titus Young WR
Devier Posey WR
Cam Jordan DE
JJ Watt DE
Rashard Carmichael CB
Brandon Harris CB
Deunta Williams CB
Kendrick Burney CB

ANDREW LUCK, QB, STANFORD

Of course I would be interested in him, but we have nearly no shot at landing him unless the Panthers go full retard.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
I really like WR Greg Salas from Hawaii the kid is a playmaker

hell ya he is a bigger faster, wes welker. he consistently makes tough catches and has lots of YAC... would be an awesome slot
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

hell ya he is a bigger faster, wes welker. he consistently makes tough catches and has lots of YAC... would be an awesome slot

Would be interested in him in the 4th if Hankerson isn't there and Vincent Brown the WR from SD St. isn't there. I don't know if Hankerson would be there anyway, I mostly used AB's player rankings.
One of the things we need is a rushing OLB and I would put Donte Moch in that category. He played DE at Nevada but also dropped into pass coverage alot. He was absolutely chaotic in the backfield for the past two seasons.
I love it when everyone loves it too. It's a love fest in here...!

but I do like this mock... wouldn't go love yet.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

Would be interested in him in the 4th if Hankerson isn't there and Vincent Brown the WR from SD St. isn't there. I don't know if Hankerson would be there anyway, I mostly used AB's player rankings.

I never see Hawaii play so had never seen Salas before or heard that he was a top receiver. But watching the bowl game this year, from the first time Salas caught the ball I could tell how good he was. He is going to be a starting WR in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone