There are 118 users in the forums

Better NFL career - Cam Newton v. Tim Tebow

Better NFL career - Cam Newton v. Tim Tebow

Who do you think will make the bigger impact in the NFL and why? To me, they share a number of similar qualities and also similar questions. I've only seen a handful of college games of each player so I'm wanting someone to tell me how they'll fare.

-9fA
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Newton - Tebow is already at a disadvantage by the coaching change in his rookie season. But overall, I think Newton has better mechanics and intangibles than Tebow. It really depends on the draft outcome though.
Newton is better overall, but it remains to be seen how good of a pro he will be. Tebow will certainly put in the time and effort to become good, but who knows if he ever will be? Just going on talent alone I would say Newton will have a better pro career, but we'll have to revisit this sometime next year to get a somewhat accurate gauge on both guys.
Newton is the safer pick. I don't see Tebow getting past Orton anytime soon and Newton will be drafted to start early, so the early advantage goes to Cam because he should have an opportunity to start.

However, Tebow has the work ethic and attitude and learn his craft. I don't know that Cam has the tools upstairs to have a lasting career. In the long run, Tebow could have a better career.

I think they'll both need to be on run-oriented teams to be successful. The Chiefs or Jets would be an ideal offense for both of them. I just don't see either of them being a reliable passer in a vetical offense.
Newton is a junior and showed improvement every game. He looks like he has a much higher ceiling. He throws much better than Tebow.
There are poor souls out there that actually think Tebow can throw?
Tebow by far. Newton will never make it in NFL unless he becomes a RB.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

cmon SD, thats why all the experts have him going as a 1st round qb, and the same pundits had Tebow going in the 2nd or 3rd, and also questioned why he wouldnt be a qb.

Originally posted by ninerlifer:

cmon SD, thats why all the experts have him going as a 1st round qb, and the same pundits had Tebow going in the 2nd or 3rd, and also questioned why he wouldnt be a qb.

Tebow by far. Newton doesn't belong in the NFL. At least not at QB. Many so called "experts" once upon a time called Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell can't miss prospects.

So why do I care what so called "experts" think?

sd surely had a glitch in his matrix

Tebow by far. Newton doesn't belong in the NFL. At least not at QB. Many so called "experts" once upon a time called Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell can't miss prospects.

You obviously need to watch more SEC ball then, because he has raped every team he has played.
and I think you are the only one who thinks he is not cut out to play qb. I know I know Locker has a million dollar arm, and million dollar legs.
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Dec 12, 2010 at 5:20 PM ]

You obviously need to watch more SEC ball then, because he has raped every team he has played.

I've watched him many times. An awkward and innacurate throwing motion. I'm not impressed with him other than RB. Maybe he can replace Frank Gore.

newton
Share 49ersWebzone