LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 280 users in the forums

Terrence "Mount" Cody Too Fat to Practice

Essentially.

Utterly unsprisingly, Cody failed his conditioning test. It's still early, but Cody isn't helping shake the label of "big flat blob" he has carried, and certainly hasn't been proving any doubters wrong so far.

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819527d0/article/ravens-deem-rookie-dt-cody-not-fit-enough-to-practice?module=HP_headlines

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens rookie defensive tackle Terrence Cody failed his conditioning test Tuesday and wasn't permitted to participate in the team's first training-camp practice in Westminster, Md.

Cody, a 360-pounder out of Alabama, received a four-year contract Monday, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora, then arrived at McDaniel College eager to launch his NFL career. But after flunking his physical, the Ravens placed the second-round draft pick on the physically unable to perform list.

"Part of our process is everybody's got to pass the conditioning test to be sure they're ready to compete," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said after Tuesday's practice. "It's going to be hot out here, our practices are fast. We've got to be sure guys are physically ready to practice at the pace we're practicing at.

"So, when he passes the conditioning test, he'll practice."

Years ago, Cody weighed more than 400 pounds. After falling to the second round on draft day, he said, "I felt it was my weight and stuff that dropped me to this late."

And now, his NFL career will get off to a late start.

"I'm not surprised. Every year, certain guys struggle with that," Harbaugh said. "Guys learn there's a certain level of expectation in terms of conditioning that goes with being an NFL player, especially for this team. So he's going to have to get himself in the type of shape he needs to be in."

Cody was drafted 57th overall by the Ravens. Their other second-round pick, defensive end/linebacker Sergio Kindle of Texas, fractured his skull while falling down a flight of stairs last week and probably will miss the entire camp.

Ten players are currently on Baltimore's PUP list: Cody; safety Ed Reed; cornerbacks Fabian Washington, Lardarius Webb, Prince Miller and Walt Harris; linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo; offensive tackle Oniel Cousins; running back Matt Lawrence; and wide receiver Rodelin Anthony.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 27, 2010 at 7:14 PM ]
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

smh to the people wanting to draft this fat ass
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

Mike Iupati as a toddler ....

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Mike Iupati as a toddler ....

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I wonder what weight they want him at.
He's definitely a fatass. I'm glad we didn't draft him.
lol Mt. Cody after his 2nd lunch.

Originally posted by bigmike55:
He's definitely a fatass. I'm glad we didn't draft him.

injury written all over him
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Breast reduction surgery?
Ravens defensive tackle Terrence Cody passed the team's conditioning test on the second try.

Cody, who was held out of the team's first training camp practice Tuesday because he had failed the test, took it again this morning and passed it, according to teammate Fabian Washington.

"Big Cody passed his conditioning test. Woooooooooooo," Washington tweeted.

Cody was a great defensive lineman at Alabama, but concerns about his conditioning arose when he showed up to the Senior Bowl at 370 pounds. Those concerns were magnified on Tuesday, but now the team has certified the rookie as ready to go.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/28/terrence-cody-passes-conditioning-test/
[ Edited by jreff22 on Jul 28, 2010 at 7:55 AM ]
yea nothing major Casey Hampton failed his last year too and he's probably been the most consistent 3-4 Nt in the league the last 6 years.
Share 49ersWebzone