There are 173 users in the forums

NFC West draft

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TheyHate2LuvMe:
i still believe niners should have taken Dez Bryant with the 17th pick

Have you seen the way our OG's played the last few years?

yes, but it is munch easier to find a G, than it is to find a WR like Bryant, especially with the 17th pick. him, crabs, and VD would make the best tandem for years and years to come. and he streches the field

yes, but it is munch easier to find a G, than it is to find a WR like Bryant, especially with the 17th pick. him, crabs, and VD would make the best tandem for years and years to come. and he streches the field

meh bad ass Receiver are coming out ever year and besides we needed a guard more than a wr.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

meh bad ass Receiver are coming out ever year and besides we needed a guard more than a wr.

my point is I think we woulda got a lot more value with Bryant. And the bad part about upati(or however you spell his name) is that he can't pass block. Great run blocker tho

plus how does a wr like that come out every year? This guy is suppose to the best WR prosepect since Calvin Johnson. And we could landed him at 17!
[ Edited by TheyHate2LuvMe on Apr 24, 2010 at 1:23 AM ]

It's not easy to find a Guard like Iupati.

much easier than finding a WR like Bryant. Plus Upati reminds me a lot of Kwame Harris. Solid Run blocker, but can't pass block And tends to hold a lot. Let's hope ok wrong

much easier than finding a WR like Bryant. Plus Upati reminds me a lot of Kwame Harris. Solid Run blocker, but can't pass block And tends to hold a lot. Let's hope ok wrong

He pass blocks fine. They were trying stuff with him out of his natural position at the Senior Bowl. Like play Tackle. He is a GUARD! At his natural position where he is comfortable he blocks fine. And he is no ordinary Guard. He is extraordinary.

There is a WR every year like Bryant in the draft. And we just picked a WR last year if you remember. And Crabtree was superior at least at the College level to Bryant. Plus we still have VD. We need O Line more than playmakers.

He pass blocks fine. They were trying stuff with him out of his natural position at the Senior Bowl. Like play Tackle. He is a GUARD! At his natural position where he is comfortable he blocks fine. And he is no ordinary Guard. He is extraordinary.

There is a WR every year like Bryant in the draft. And we just picked a WR last year if you remember. And Crabtree was superior at least at the College level to Bryant. Plus we still have VD. We need O Line more than playmakers.

recievers like Bryant defintely don't come out every year. I belive he will turn out better than crabs. And it's true we needed a G more. But we shoulda taken the best player available there. And taken a G in the 3rd.

recievers like Bryant defintely don't come out every year. I belive he will turn out better than crabs. And it's true we needed a G more. But we shoulda taken the best player available there. And taken a G in the 3rd.

A Guard in the 3rd is not the same talent level as Iupati. Iupati is the next Larry Allen.

And Bryant isn't that great. He's not that fast. He didn't run blazing times. And his hands aren't perfect. He drops more than Crabtree. I think he will be good but not great.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by NinersFo6:
1.) Seattle - A
1.) St. Louis - A
3.) San Francisco - B+
4.) Arizona - B

I would agree with you on all except for the Rams. I would give them a B with Az. They need a lot of help and those picks just aren't enough. Good for us but bad for them!!

Anytime you can get 3 1st round talents (one being the top QB in the draft), you're doing pretty good. Not that I wish them well, but the Rams did get some great talent with those first 3 picks.

I agree with your assessment. I'm not sold on Mays.

Yah, IMO, Mays brings our draft grade down a bit. The two OL on the first day and Bowman in the late 3rd are rock solid picks, but Mays was definitely the head-scratcher for me.

sorry but i have to disagree I thought mays was a great pick. Moving up 2 spots and giving up our 4th rounder for a guy who would have been there at 17 was a mistake but im OK with Davis I hope he works out for us. I like Iupati at 17 and Bowman was another good value pick. But mays just made my day. He has a lot of upside, speed, youth he will not disappoint he will complete our D my friend trust me

A Guard in the 3rd is not the same talent level as Iupati. Iupati is the next Larry Allen.

And Bryant isn't that great. He's not that fast. He didn't run blazing times. And his hands aren't perfect. He drops more than Crabtree. I think he will be good but not great.

let me just tell you lupati is not he next Allen. And you couldn't be more wrong shot Bryant. You would not be saying this if we drafted him. Your just a Niner fan who is getting over excited about our picks. I love anthoney Davis though

just wait and see how much you love Iupati when Gore goes buck wild this year. a guard like iupati doesnt come along everyday. at the senior bowl they had him playing all over the line so he struggled a little but at guard there is no one better. we needed a guard and we took the best available guard. Bryant is not a better prospect than crabtree dude. crabs in two years at Texas Tech had 41 TDs, 231 receptions and 3127 yards. and those were the 1st two years he ever played receiver. he is nowhere near as good as crabtree was in school. Crabtree will light it up this year. in two years and some change Bryant had 29 TD's, 147 receptions and 2425 yards. crabs was open more as the almost 100 extra receptions and extra yardage and TD's show. we needed a TD threat, and crabtree is just that. youll see how our offense clicks with a good oline.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

just wait and see how much you love Iupati when Gore goes buck wild this year. a guard like iupati doesnt come along everyday. at the senior bowl they had him playing all over the line so he struggled a little but at guard there is no one better. we needed a guard and we took the best available guard. Bryant is not a better prospect than crabtree dude. crabs in two years at Texas Tech had 41 TDs, 231 receptions and 3127 yards. and those were the 1st two years he ever played receiver. he is nowhere near as good as crabtree was in school. Crabtree will light it up this year. in two years and some change Bryant had 29 TD's, 147 receptions and 2425 yards. crabs was open more as the almost 100 extra receptions and extra yardage and TD's show. we needed a TD threat, and crabtree is just that. youll see how our offense clicks with a good oline.

don't get me wrong, I still think lupati was a great pick. We just instantly upgraded our line. I just think drafting Bryant would have given us one of the best passing offenses in the league sometime in the next few years. And if smith struggles it would be an offenses that Any QB could easily be a success in. Unlike when we first brought in smith and his best WR was Lloyd. Lol. That being said I think gore will have a breakout year. If he doesn't, than his time is done.

don't get me wrong, I still think lupati was a great pick. We just instantly upgraded our line. I just think drafting Bryant would have given us one of the best passing offenses in the league sometime in the next few years. And if smith struggles it would be an offenses that Any QB could easily be a success in. Unlike when we first brought in smith and his best WR was Lloyd. Lol. That being said I think gore will have a breakout year. If he doesn't, than his time is done.

see thats the beauty of this draft. i think smith will be just fine, but if for some reason he doesnt, the team is plug and play for a new QB to come in and succeed. at WR we are pretty good i think and we'll probably add another receiver tomorrow. i think we have good firepower with crabs, VD, gore, morgan, hill, ginn and jones. the problem was timing and lack of protection for the QB. hopefully a year in the same offense for everyone and 660lbs of 1st round linemen can help fix that

see thats the beauty of this draft. i think smith will be just fine, but if for some reason he doesnt, the team is plug and play for a new QB to come in and succeed. at WR we are pretty good i think and we'll probably add another receiver tomorrow. i think we have good firepower with crabs, VD, gore, morgan, hill, ginn and jones. the problem was timing and lack of protection for the QB. hopefully a year in the same offense for everyone and 660lbs of 1st round linemen can help fix that

yah I agree. Do you know what we for in return for tradin our pick to SD? Cuz I really wish we would have drafted MCCoy.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

my point is I think we woulda got a lot more value with Bryant. And the bad part about upati(or however you spell his name) is that he can't pass block. Great run blocker tho

plus how does a wr like that come out every year? This guy is suppose to the best WR prosepect since Calvin Johnson. And we could landed him at 17!

Lol really now? I don't think he is that good. We don't need another reciever yet. It just doesn't make sense. His value is low for us.
Share 49ersWebzone