There are 234 users in the forums

Earl Thomas ain't nothing, watch Crabs owns him in this video

Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
OMFG the best WR in NCAA history made a play on a DB?!?!?! No way!!! LOL

All DBs get beat / make mistakes, especially by the good receivers. The best just do it less often than the rest.[/left]

That best WR in NCAA history who mad e aplay happens to be on our team so I fail to see your point.

Crabs will destroy him.

Point is what I said: All DBs get beat, even the best DBs get beat and make mistakes. It was one play, and Thomas was 18 years old, Crabtree was a man already. Not taking ANYTHING away from Crabtree but it's silly to be excited about Thomas going to Seattle just because we have Crabtree. Thomas is going to be a pain in the ass for us twice a year for a long time.

You do remember that Crabtree was drafted last year dude. How can you say Crabtree was already a man and Thomas was just a boy? Crabtree is only a year and a half older than Thomas.

I'm actually not one who thinks Thomas is going to suck, I just don't get your logic.

A 20 year old and an 18 year old are very different as athletes. Most 18 year olds are still in high school. You're not seriously trying to make a point that there is no difference? That an 18 year old Crabtree would have made that play on a 20 year old Thomas? Use your thinkin' brain for a second.

Crabtree is a year and a half older than Thomas. Most 18 year old football players I see are pretty developed already and while you get bigger and stronger as you head into your prime, it's not like in a year and a half you undergo a dramatic change.

Thomas is a good player, Crabtree is a stud player but to give Thomas a pass because he's a year and a half younger than another player is silly.

All DBs get beat / make mistakes, especially by the good receivers. The best just do it less often than the rest.[/left]

That best WR in NCAA history who mad e aplay happens to be on our team so I fail to see your point.

Crabs will destroy him.

Point is what I said: All DBs get beat, even the best DBs get beat and make mistakes. It was one play, and Thomas was 18 years old, Crabtree was a man already. Not taking ANYTHING away from Crabtree but it's silly to be excited about Thomas going to Seattle just because we have Crabtree. Thomas is going to be a pain in the ass for us twice a year for a long time.

You do remember that Crabtree was drafted last year dude. How can you say Crabtree was already a man and Thomas was just a boy? Crabtree is only a year and a half older than Thomas.

I'm actually not one who thinks Thomas is going to suck, I just don't get your logic.

A 20 year old and an 18 year old are very different as athletes. Most 18 year olds are still in high school. You're not seriously trying to make a point that there is no difference? That an 18 year old Crabtree would have made that play on a 20 year old Thomas? Use your thinkin' brain for a second.

Crabtree is a year and a half older than Thomas. Most 18 year old football players I see are pretty developed already and while you get bigger and stronger as you head into your prime, it's not like in a year and a half you undergo a dramatic change.

Thomas is a good player, Crabtree is a stud player but to give Thomas a pass because he's a year and a half younger than another player is silly.

I said from the get go that even the best DBs get beat. They ALL DO. The age thing was ancillary. However you're 100% wrong in thinking that players don't undergo dramatic development from 18-20. They do. Except for the rare special exception freshmen are lost compared to juniors in college sports (yes, I understand Crabtree was a redshirt sophomore).

Crabs will destroy him.

I said from the get go that even the best DBs get beat. They ALL DO. The age thing was ancillary. However you're 100% wrong in thinking that players don't undergo dramatic development from 18-20. They do. Except for the rare special exception freshmen are lost compared to juniors in college sports (yes, I understand Crabtree was a redshirt sophomore).

Thomas was a redshirt freshman and Crabtree was a reshirt sophomore. Again what is your point here?

And could you show me some statistics that show that people undergo dramatic physical change between the ages of 18 and 20? (As another poster pointed out I think Thomas was 19 and Crabtree had just turned 21.)
wasn't thomas a redshirt freshman there?

Crabs will destroy him.

Thomas was a redshirt freshman and Crabtree was a reshirt sophomore. Again what is your point here?

And could you show me some statistics that show that people undergo dramatic physical change between the ages of 18 and 20? (As another poster pointed out I think Thomas was 19 and Crabtree had just turned 21.)

I dont understand all the love for thomas. You would think they got the second coming of Ed Reed. I think we have a bunch of closet Seahawk Fans.

Crabs will destroy him.

How many times to I have to explain my point? Don't care how many times you continue to ask, this is the last time: ALL DB's get beat. It's not a big deal that one DB got beat on one play. Showing one play doesn't really say ANYTHING.

As I said a number of times the age thing was just ancillary to my point. And again I will tell you you are wrong that players do not develop between 18/19 - 20/21. I think you're confusing easily visual physical development to football development. There isn't an 18 or 19 year old that could play in the NFL today but there are a plethora of 20 and 21 year olds. You can not be intellectually honest with yourself and say that isn't true.
crabtree is a good player thomas is a good player we will see sept 12 that crabtree is a man by nfl standards and thomas is still a little boy, maybe he should redshirt again
I've said it all along, he can't tackle. I can't wait for Gore to truck his ass. Or VD to outrun and throw his ass off like a ragdoll.

Crabs will destroy him.

How many times to I have to explain my point? Don't care how many times you continue to ask, this is the last time: ALL DB's get beat. It's not a big deal that one DB got beat on one play. Showing one play doesn't really say ANYTHING.

As I said a number of times the age thing was just ancillary to my point. And again I will tell you you are wrong that players do not develop between 18/19 - 20/21. I think you're confusing easily visual physical development to football development. There isn't an 18 or 19 year old that could play in the NFL today but there are a plethora of 20 and 21 year olds. You can not be intellectually honest with yourself and say that isn't true.

Earl Thomas born May 7, 1989

Mike Crabtree born Sept. 14, 1987

I think everyone already knows that all DBs get beat. Its the way he got beat on that play for me that really embarrases him. He pretty much ran by Crabs without laying a finger on him. It was against the sideline, so if Thomas is such a great big hitter, he totally blew that teed up chance. Great DBs dont miss that bad. He blew the play that lost his team the game.

And Im not saying he hasnt improved since then because I think he has. But in examing the play, you cant let him off the hook for that play by saying "all dbs get beat"

Crabs will destroy him.

A 20 year old and an 18 year old are very different as athletes. Most 18 year olds are still in high school. You're not seriously trying to make a point that there is no difference? That an 18 year old Crabtree would have made that play on a 20 year old Thomas? Use your thinkin' brain for a second.[/quote]

Get off Thomas' nuts already, dude. Crabtree is a year older than Thomas, whoopty dooo! Crabtree owns Thomas in college and the NFL will be the same story.

Share 49ersWebzone