There are 213 users in the forums

Prediction Time: Who BUSTS in the first round?

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Taylor Mays
Jason Pierre-Paul

Really, from everything I've read on Pierre-Paul, hes a beast whos possibly a top 7,8 pick. He looks like a very smart football player too
Eric Berry - soo much hype
Sam bradford - will never be a legit nfl qb
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Clausen will be the next Alex Smith.

lol!!!!
Taylor Mays
Taylor Mays
Jason Pierre-Paul

Two good picks. Mays due to inconsistency and Pierre-Paul had only one productive year in college.
1st rd Draft Busts Percentage (article from 2007)

This article still holds true today, but I'm really surprised to see RB with a high draft bust percentage.

First-Round Bust Percentages
QB -- 53 percent
RB -- 49 percent
WR -- 45 percent
DT -- 33 percent
OL -- 31 percent
DE -- 31 percent
CB -- 29 percent
LB -- 16 percent
S -- 11 percent

Bookmark this thread: Eric Berry and Rolando McClain are the SAFEST picks and will not be busts. Its also easy to see why S and LB have the lowest draft bust percentage: because these two positions rely so much on football instincts alone (stuff you can't teach) The ability to diagnose plays is something you either have or don't.

Anyway, when I look for drafts busts: I look for one quality- laziness. Carlos Dunlap has bust written all over him. Plus, Florida has replaced Florida St. as defensive end busts in recent memory. Remember Derrick Harvey and Jarvis Moss? They are the next Wadsworth, Reinard Wilson, Jamal Reynolds of FSU.

And Sam Bradford will bust as well (if he starts from Day 1). If the Rams are smart, they trade for Vick and let Bradford sit for at least two years.
Brian Bulaga.

And I pray we don't pick this guy.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Tell who you think may not become the player he is expected to become for whatever reason.

Give a quick response as to why you think this.

Rolando McClain-
-he does have some speed but to me he doesnt seem to have the instincts I think it takes in playing MLB. To me he has disappeared in stretches of games. Takes bad angles sometimes. Dont see him as being that MIKE LB teams are coveting with the first round pick.

Huh???? McClain doesn't have speed. that's the biggest knock on him, but his instincts and performance in big games are his 2 strongest points. He may have the best instincts for a LB in years
Tell who you think may not become the player he is expected to become for whatever reason.

Give a quick response as to why you think this.

Rolando McClain-
-he does have some speed but to me he doesnt seem to have the instincts I think it takes in playing MLB. To me he has disappeared in stretches of games. Takes bad angles sometimes. Dont see him as being that MIKE LB teams are coveting with the first round pick.

I don't think Singletary would agree with your assessment.

http://blog.al.com/tide-source/2010/02/hall_of_fame_mlb_mike_singleta.html
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Mik Iupati

He may have a decent career in the NFL, but no where near what everyone on the zone thinks. The kid is big, but so is everyone in the NFL. He played at a small school and didn't look that great in the SR. Bowl. I think he will be a major disappointment.

My guess is you just watched the Senior Bowl and none of his other games.

If the team that drafts him tries to move him around they won't get the full benefit from him. If a team drafts him and sticks him in at LG he'll shine and be an all pro.

Any QB drafted in the First Round who plays this coming season
From the Top-10:

Gerald McCoy
Jason Pierre-Paul
Taylor Mays
Jason Pierre-Paul

Really, from everything I've read on Pierre-Paul, hes a beast whos possibly a top 7,8 pick. He looks like a very smart football player too

Where did you get that information about JPP? Looks like a very smart football player? The guy bounced around to a couple of JC's and barely stayed academically eligible in his one year at USF. Yes, the man has some mad physical skills, but let's not got carried away with a guy who has ONE year of major college football experience.
Sorry Mayock, Kindle
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Mik Iupati

He may have a decent career in the NFL, but no where near what everyone on the zone thinks. The kid is big, but so is everyone in the NFL. He played at a small school and didn't look that great in the SR. Bowl. I think he will be a major disappointment.

My guess is you just watched the Senior Bowl and none of his other games.

If the team that drafts him tries to move him around they won't get the full benefit from him. If a team drafts him and sticks him in at LG he'll shine and be an all pro.

Good guess.
Share 49ersWebzone