LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 305 users in the forums

MBarrows: Niners OLine worst in the league...

• PlayAction
  • Info N/A
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/02/study-niners-o-.html

First sentence in 4th paragraph had me LOL!

one of the comments to this article asked: "Is there an OC worth drafting at #13?
roflmao!

this year / season should (hopefully) answer all OLine, KR/PR, CB, QB and OC
questions and yes in that order IMO.

Go Niners!!
When you motion your wide receiver into the line of scrimmage to block it's pretty much a dead give away that the play is going to be a HB Dive.

I think Barrows is right on this that yeah it's the line, but alot of it was poor play calling as well.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
When you motion your wide receiver into the line of scrimmage to block it's pretty much a dead give away that the play is going to be a HB Dive.

I think Barrows is right on this that yeah it's the line, but alot of it was poor play calling as well.

I say it's 50/50 imo. Baas, Chilo and Synder just aren't good players anyway you want to cut it. They all have to step it up but this team needs better talent on the o line no doubt about it.
What this most certainly proves, is that if Frank Gore has space, he is one of the most dangerous backs in the league.

Our philosophy, scheme and playcalling however, for most of the year, was bad and bordering on terrible. Yet despite this, Frank still made the Pro-Bowl.

We don't have a line full of Hall-of-Famers, but unfortunately, an o-line full of Hall-of-Fame players is what it would take to make our "up the gut and a cloud of dust" system work.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
You can make it work,[up the gut]if you run every now and then,with a "take it to the house"RB around the end or swing a pass in the flat.Reducing 8 in the box to 7 or 6,if they play nickel.It also makes the OL's job easyer!

[ Edited by cupcheck on Feb 23, 2010 at 14:58:06 ]
I don't think it's all OL related. Frank Gore runs between the tackles (ONLY) and doesn't have the speed to get outside.

They need a complementary back that can get around the edge with speed as well as O-lineman. Our offense is very predictable and that doesn't win games in this league.
Didn't want to start a new thread...

With the first two pics done and focused on our s**tty line, who gets bumped or moved around? Obviously, I hope this lights a fire under Rachal, Snyder, and Baas. What do you project our starting Oline to be this year?
Well, here's our new starting line and backups:

Staley - Iupati - Heitmann - Rachal - Davis
Sims - Baas - Snyder

Sims backs up LT/RT, Baas at LG/C, Snyder at RG/RT/LT

Assuming Davis can be the player he's capable of, I think we have a ROCK-SOLID starting line and really good depth.
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:

Sims - Baas - Snyder

Assuming Davis can be the player he's capable of, I think we have a ROCK-SOLID starting line and really good depth.

i fudgin love it!
Originally posted by hklar17:

Sims - Baas - Snyder

i fudgin love it!

Originally posted by hklar17:

Sims - Baas - Snyder

i fudgin love it!

Oh yeah! And talk about versatility with our backups. Even if Baas is on the outs, Cody Wallace is still there. If they can get him to be a capable guard as well as the backup center, it's much the same.

Bottom line: Our biggest weakness has been thoroughly addressed. Now get 'em signed and coach 'em up!
Not anymore
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Not anymore

Agreed.

I'm hoping those 2 picks improve 3 positions: RT, LG and backup RB. Hopefully with a better oline, Coffe will be more productive when he comes into the game.

I'm pleased.
Not anymore

Originally posted by olapac:
Not anymore

Agreed.

I'm hoping those 2 picks improve 3 positions: RT, LG and backup RB. Hopefully with a better oline, Coffe will be more productive when he comes into the game.

I'm pleased.

It would be nice if Gore wasn't being tackled 2 yds behind scrimmage when he first touches the ball as well.
Share 49ersWebzone