LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 297 users in the forums

NT Dan Williams

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Nah...he's got the stuff to be a good NT, but with OT, RB/KR, CB, DE being bigger needs, and the fact they'll franchise Franklin, I can't see drafting Williams. What I'd rather see if Singletary wants to use his BPA on DL is to get Odrick. He'd be a lot closer to what both Nolan and Singletary were looking for when they drafted Balmer. He wasn't a one-year wonder...he had a very good career at Penn St. He excelled at the Senior Bowl...I think he has the makings of a formidable LDE for us and would raise the bar on our DL.

I like Dan Williams. I would be just fine if we drafted him with one of our top two picks. Here is the reason why for those of you that feel that NT is not a need. If something happened to Franklin our D would be in deep doo doo. We have nobody on our roster that could fill in if he went down.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Nah...he's got the stuff to be a good NT, but with OT, RB/KR, CB, DE being bigger needs, and the fact they'll franchise Franklin, I can't see drafting Williams. What I'd rather see if Singletary wants to use his BPA on DL is to get Odrick. He'd be a lot closer to what both Nolan and Singletary were looking for when they drafted Balmer. He wasn't a one-year wonder...he had a very good career at Penn St. He excelled at the Senior Bowl...I think he has the makings of a formidable LDE for us and would raise the bar on our DL.

I wouldn't mind us drafting Odrick at all. He would fit quite well at DE in our 3-4. I know that last year we were high on Tyson Jackson, so I wouldn't rule out drafting him. I would prefer if we moved down a few spots to do so, but wouldn't be upset if we took him at 16/17.
Williams would qualify as a luxury pick in the first if Franklin is franchised. I would rather see a RB/KR, an impact OLB/DE, or CB/KR paired with the OT. The Niners can find a decent backup to Franklin in the 4th round or later.
Share 49ersWebzone