There are 234 users in the forums

Tony Pike returns today versus Illinois

• mayo49
  • Veteran
It's his first game back from injury. It should be fun to watch him play again. I think we should take this guy in the 2nd round. Reminds me of Rothleisberger.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Nov 27, 2009 at 5:14 AM ]
i'll watch
Nice arm on that touchdown!
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

Seriously, that was a nice throw for a righty rolling to his left.
He has played well all season.

I will not be surprised if Pike throws for six or seven TD's today. He is coming off of an injury and the coaching staff might continue to get him some work in preparation for next week and their bowl game.
[ Edited by fister30 on Nov 27, 2009 at 10:40 AM ]
Should be looking at Cinncy receivers, QBs there look great because those guys get wide open and catch just about everything.
Originally posted by fister30:
He has played well all season.

I will not be surprised if Pike throws for six or seven TD's today. He is coming off of an injury and the coaching staff might continue to get him some work in preparation for next week and their bowl game.

You were right, he got his 6 TDs. Now we have to decide whether he is going to be a good pro.
yea saw the highlights on espn he looked pretty good
He looks like a skinny little wimp. He looks 40 lbs. under weight. He will get broken in half in the NFL. NO THANKS.
looked good....round 2?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He looks like a skinny little wimp. He looks 40 lbs. under weight. He will get broken in half in the NFL. NO THANKS.

He's just lanky, the guy is very strong and durable.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I think he makes up for that - he's got a good sense of when to evade pressure and moves around in, and out of the pocket well. He'll put on weight as he gets older but yeah, that probably wouldn't show for 3-4 years anyway. I'd be happy if we took him in the 2nd as long as the OL and either secondary or pass rush are addressed in the 1st. Of course, if Alex manages to light it up these next 5 games I'd rather those 3 positions get taken care of first.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd love to get Tony in this draft, but if Alex keeps performing we can use the pick on other glaring needs. Tony in the 2nd round is where he'll probably be going.
not impressive at all
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Share 49ersWebzone