LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 280 users in the forums

Shifty's Mock Offseason 3/14/22

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Today we look at my 3rd and Final Full 2022 Mock Offseason!

Enjoy the video below* and if you can't/don't want to watch I have all the details below here. Let me know what you guys think!
*Link for Part 2 is in the video description of the video below.

Jimmy G + Round 3 102 Overall Pick (from Mike McDaniel Departure) to Indianapolis Colts for 3rd Round 73 Overall, 3rd Round 82 Overall and 2023 Conditional 3rd round pick.
Nick Bosa and Deebo Samuel Extended (5 year deals for both)
Arik Armstead and George Kittle Restructured (saves about $17.5 M in cap space)

Players Re-Signed
LG Laken Tomlinson 4 year Deal
OL Daniel Brunskill 2 Year Deal
NB K'Waun Williams 2 Year Deal
EDGE Jordan Willis 1 Year Deal
S Jaquiski Tartt 1 Year Deal

Free Agency
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2 Year Deal - Excellent size and speed. Let's force defenses to respect deep passes and Trey Lance's arm strength.
EDGE Dante Fowler Jr 1 Year Deal - Scheme fit, could excel opposite Bosa. Comes here to boost his value.
CB Bryce Callahan 2 Year Deal - Versatile player who can play inside or outside and is a vet presence in the CB room.

*After giving QB Nate Sudfeld $2M guaranteed I think we are comfortable with him being the #2QB.

2022 NFL Mock Draft
Round 2 61 Overall - S Jalen Pitre Baylor - Scheme Fit. Versatile and a Ballhawk that we need at the position.
Round 3 73 Overall (via Jimmy trade) - TE Greg Dulcich UCLA - Excellent hands, good body control and impressive on deep catches. Shanahan gets a legit #2 TE.
Round 3 82 Overall (via Jimmy trade) - WR Calvin Austin III Memphis - Speed kills, 4.32 40 time. Defenses will have to respect it with MVS and Austin III. Deebo, Kittle and the RB's will have a lot more room to work with underneath.
Round 3 93 Overall - CB Martin Emerson Jr Mississippi State - Scheme fit, plays physical and aggressive. With some development could easily see him being a legit CB
Round 4 133 Overall - EDGE Dominique Robinson Miami (Ohio) - Very raw, but incredibly athletic and has huge potential. Could develop in a year or two under Kocurek
Round 5 172 Overall - RB Pierre Strong Jr South Dakota St - Excellent scheme fit, 4.37 40. Another RB gem in the later rounds.
Round 6 186 Overall (via Jonas Griffith trade) - DT Haskell Garrett Ohio State - Good first step and gap penetrator. Another guy for Kocurek to develop.
Round 7 253 Overall - OT Tyler Vrabel Boston College - Developmental OT, great NFL bloodlines being son of Mike Vrabel. PS guy in 2022
Round 7 256 Overall - CB Demarcus Fields Texas Tech - Lot of starting experience with zone schemes in college. PS guy in 2022
Round 7 263 Overall - LB Darien Butler Arizona State - Athletic and high NFL IQ. Could be the next LB we develop into a capable starter. PS/ST guy in 2022.
[ Edited by Shifty on Mar 14, 2022 at 2:00 AM ]
Bryce Callahan is a stud but a bit redundant if your retaining Williams. I'm cool with getting a good TE2 but not over shoring up our OLine or with a guy who's more of a big slot than a TE.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Nice mock! Gotta update it with the Laken departure now :-(
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Nice mock! Gotta update it with the Laken departure now :-(

Yeah, that was definitely a bummer but the Jets gave him a TON of money. Out of our price range
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Bryce Callahan is a stud but a bit redundant if your retaining Williams. I'm cool with getting a good TE2 but not over shoring up our OLine or with a guy who's more of a big slot than a TE.

Well this mock is already thrown out the window haha. But my biggest concern was depth. I don't want a situation like last year where 1 injury could cripple the secondary. I figured Callahan would be a reasonably priced depth option.
Always hard to post a mock in the middle of free agency. All good ideas on re-signings, but things don't necessarily turn out the way you plan.

Like the draft picks in Pitre, Austin, Emerson, Robinson and Strong. Niners will need a new safety if Tartt bolts and this kid would be a great replacement. Like the addition of speed in Austin, Robinson and Strong. Emerson would be a nice developmental CB in our system. With Tomlinson gone, Niners have to go o line instead of TE early. I'd look at someone like Dylan Parham in the third and get Jelani Woods TE UVA later to backup Kittle. Nice work.
Love the TE early.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Always hard to post a mock in the middle of free agency. All good ideas on re-signings, but things don't necessarily turn out the way you plan.

Like the draft picks in Pitre, Austin, Emerson, Robinson and Strong. Niners will need a new safety if Tartt bolts and this kid would be a great replacement. Like the addition of speed in Austin, Robinson and Strong. Emerson would be a nice developmental CB in our system. With Tomlinson gone, Niners have to go o line instead of TE early. I'd look at someone like Dylan Parham in the third and get Jelani Woods TE UVA later to backup Kittle. Nice work.

Yeah the main thing I would alter now is going iOL early probably instead of Dulcich. I have to look further into the interior o-line class. Cam Jurgens seems a popular later round pick too
Share 49ersWebzone