LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 296 users in the forums

Yay Area's Final Mock Draft

1(3) – Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State; I believe the buzz about Lance and Jones are smokescreens. Fields has all the traits you could want. Give him a year of seasoning behind Garappolo, and he could be the next big thing.

2(43) – Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern. Good size, length, speed, and smarts. Very fluid hips allow him to stay with and mirror receivers better than most corners in the draft.

3(102) - Divine Deablo, S/LB, Virginia Tech. Somewhat of a tweener 6 foot 3, 225 lbs. He has solid coverage abilities, and is a very physical tackler. With his size and skills, he is a great prospect to convert to LB and learn behind Warner and Greenlaw.

4(117) – Drew Dalman, OC, Stanford. Son of a former 49er, playing at Stanford. A little under sized, but a great fit for a zone blocking team. Seems like a perfect fit. Give him a year or two behind Mack to get stronger, and that should be a solid succession plan.

5(155) - Jaelen Darden, WR, North Texas. Slight stature at 5 foot 9, 170 lbs. But he is dynamic and elusive with the ball in hands. He is particularly adept at screens, bubble screens, and operating out of the slot. He also provides lots of experience as a returner.

5(172) – Elerson Smith, DE, Northern Iowa; At 6 foot 6, he is a long and athletic edge rusher. At his pro day, he was clocked at 4.46 in 40.

5(180) – Benjamin St. Juste, CB, Minnesota; He is a long and lanky corner at 6 foot 3. He is has good short area quickness and is solid at press coverage. But he struggles with long speed. So press or off coverage is where he thrives.

6(194) – Ryan Neuzil, OG, Appalachian State; One of the Sun Belt conferences best lineman, a PFF favorite, more than solid in both run and pass blocking;

7(230) - John Bates, TE, Boise State; Under utilized TE. He is athletic and a solid blocker.
Sick draft yay
I dig it
I love it, but I'm not sure Newsome lasts until pick 43. I also like the legacy pick of Dalman as a developmental replacement for Mack down the line.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Apr 27, 2021 at 7:24 AM ]
Just hope Newsome falls that far. Very nice mock. Strong day 3 picks to go with our new QB. Well done.
Thanks everyone.
RE: Newsome...I agree that him lasting to 43 is a stretch. My thought was that he did have some injury concerns in college and that that might cause him to drop.
If not Newsome, I was considering Stokes or Campbell from Georgia. But I couldn't make my mind up. Who do people like better?
Share 49ersWebzone