Hyde
Ward
Johnson
Tomlinson
Beadles
Others I don't remember

Trades:

Arik Armstead for a 5th

Free Agency: "Aggressively prudent" from Lynch. So we get aggressive with two of our biggest needs at DE and C, and prudent with mid-level starters at CB, LB, and G. This allows us to go BPA in the draft.

Ezekiel Ansah DE - our one big tier one signing. Draft weak in pass rushers and to win next year we need pass rush production now

Rashaan Melvin CB - needed depth at CB after the disaster that was Dontae Johnson. Good enough to start if necessary

Nigel Bradham OLB - need lots of LBs after Foster's idiocy

Josh Kline G - perfect fit for Shanny's outside zone scheme. Starts right away at LG

Draft:

1a. Josh Jackson CB Iowa - Trade down to 15 and pick up a 3rd and a 2019 3rd. Shutdown corner and ball hawk to pair with Spoon.

1b. Rashaan Evans LB Alabama - trade up from 59 with a 3rd, a 7th, and a 2019 4th to trade up to pick #32 and grab Foster's replacement if he is cut. If Foster turns things around, he and Evans would be a lethal combo.

3a. Ronald Jones RB USC - Shanny gets his ideal outside zone running back. Best in draft for this scheme and super fast and quick. (If he is gone by this spot, substitute Penny RB San Diego St.)

3b. Dorance Armstrong DE Kansas - super athletic on the edge and can get to the qb. Produced reasonably well even though rest of his D sucked. With Buckner, Thomas, and Ansah taking a lot of attention on passing downs, this guy could do damage against NFL right tackles. (If he is gone by this spot, substitute the Wake Forest DE or Nwosu from USC)

4a. Wyatt Teller G Virginia Tech - had good Senior Bowl week. Competes with Garnett for starting RG

4b. Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia - 6-4 240lbs athletic linebacker with good size and made a lot of plays for Georgia last year. Showed good pass rush skills as well.

5a. Javon Wims WR Georgia - 6'4 215lbs with good size. Made plays in a run-heavy Georgia offense. Good guy to develop.

5b. Bradley Bozeman C Alabama - solid depth behind Jenson and anchored the O for the national champions. Has starter abilities.

7. Alex Kappa OT Humboldt St - depth. Showed some nastiness at the senior bowl. Developmental guy. (If he is not there draft best available tackle).

QB: Jimmy G, Beathard
RB: Jones, Breida, Williams
FB: Juscyek
WR: Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor, Bourne, Wims, Robinson
OL: Staley, Kline, Jenson, Garnett/Teller, Brown, Bozeman, Fusco, Kappa

DL: Thomas, Buckner, Ansah, Mitchell, Jones, Armstrong, Marsh
LB: Harold, Carter, Evans, Bradham, Smith, Foster, Coyle
CB: Jackson, Witherspoon, Williams, Melvin
S: Tartt, Colbert, Reid
K: Gould
P: Pinion

Thoughts?
[ Edited by Ezekiel38 on Feb 15, 2018 at 1:40 PM ]
I think Lynch is going to stay away from Alabama linebackers--haha!
Very nice, would be excited if it went down like this tho I think Ronald Jones and Armstrong go earlier, great job..
Ronald jones won't make it past pick 46.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Ronald jones won't make it past pick 46.

Then substitute Penny and call it a day.
I think your off on where you have guys getting drafted. There's not a single team in the league that would move from bottom of the 1st to bottom of the 2nd for a 3rd and 2019 4th imo.

Jones/Armstrong/Kappa imho will all be gone by the time you have us grabbing them. What did you use for a big board just curious.

Thanks for the mock!
Originally posted by pickle:

Maybe we go a different direction at that spot then, but otherwise that draft is beautiful, it hits on everything.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I think your off on where you have guys getting drafted. There's not a single team in the league that would move from bottom of the 1st to bottom of the 2nd for a 3rd and 2019 4th imo.

Jones/Armstrong/Kappa imho will all be gone by the time you have us grabbing them. What did you use for a big board just curious.

Thanks for the mock!

I used the draft value chart for that trade up from 59 to 32.

59 is worth 310 points.
32 is worth 590 points.

Difference is 280 points.

Our pick 70 is worth 240 points and a 4th next year would be worth half of what it's worth this year and that would cover about 30 points. If this is a problem throw in a 7th this year as well or a 6th next year.

Jones is good but is a lighter back that needs to gain some weight. Kamara went in the 3rd last year and with this being a loaded RB class, Jones could easily make it to round 3. If this bothers you, substitute Penny for him.

Armstrong I've seen put everywhere from Top of round 2 to round 3. I used Walter Football rankings...waiting for MadDog's first Big Board and then I can adjust. If he has Armstrong slotted in the early to mid 2nd, then I would have chosen a different player in round 3. If he doesn't make it to this pick, substitute the DE from Wake Forest or Nwosu from USC and call it a day.

And if you think Kappa won't make it down that far, substitute best available tackle in the 7th.

Thanks for your input!
[ Edited by Ezekiel38 on Feb 13, 2018 at 12:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

Thanks for the mock!

59 is worth 310 points.
32 is worth 590 points.

Our pick 70 is worth 240 points and a 4th next year would be worth half of what it's worth this year and that would cover about 30 points. If this is a problem throw in a 7th this year as well or a 6th next year.

Jones is good but is a lighter back that needs to gain some weight. Kamara went in the 3rd last year and with this being a loaded RB class, Jones could easily make it to round 3. If this bothers you, substitute Penny for him.

Armstrong I've seen put everywhere from Top of round 2 to round 3. I used Walter Football rankings...waiting for MadDog's first Big Board and then I can adjust. If he has Armstrong slotted in the early to mid 2nd, then I would have chosen a different player in round 3. If he doesn't make it to this pick, substitute the DE from Wake Forest or Nwosu from USC and call it a day.

And if you think Kappa won't make it down that far, substitute best available tackle in the 7th.

Thanks for your input!

still can't see a team moving down that far for only a 3rd. a 4th next yr isn't much of anything IMO
Would be nice mock if it worked out that way

Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

Thanks for the mock!

59 is worth 310 points.
32 is worth 590 points.

Thanks for your input!

still can't see a team moving down that far for only a 3rd. a 4th next yr isn't much of anything IMO

Just going by the chart. You can't fault me for that as long as the teams are using this as a guideline.

Pick 32 is essentially a top 2nd round pick as well and moving back to 59 and also getting pick 70, which is the 6th pick in the 3rd round, plus a 4th next year, is not unreasonable compensation. If a team in the late first or early 2nd wants to trade down and they were going to trade with us, that is about what they can expect going by the chart.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by pickle:

Maybe we go a different direction at that spot then, but otherwise that draft is beautiful, it hits on everything.

Thanks! I'm a little biased but I think so too!
Share 49ersWebzone