There are 192 users in the forums

Krizay offseason 2.0 (pre-combine)

• krizay
  • Veteran
RESIGN

Fusco- 1 year. will compete with Garnett and draftee for a longer deal

Kilgore- 1 year Yeah yeah i know he sucked. Truth is we won with him. (and Jimmy) wil compete with FA and draftee. If he beats them out... so be it. if not we have veteran depth and will likely be the best backup in the NFL

Eric Reid-1 year Due to health issues with our safeties we are still trying to figure out whats what.

FREE AGENCY: I don't see us breaking the bank on ANYBODY

Weston Richburg 2 years (6-10 million 3-5 per) Injuries hampered him the past 2 years but was one of the best in 2015. Cheaper than Jensen due to his injury history

Robert Quinn (cap casualty) 2 years 15 mil too expensive and not a great fit in their scheme now. Would fit perfectly for us if he can stay healthy.

Kony Ealy 2 years 4-6 million would be back to a more natural 4-3 end position. would basically come in on passing downs.. (Ealy, Buck, Thomas Quinn)

John Bostic- 2 years 8-12 million (4-6 per) Had a career year. With Rueben Going Aldon on us plus already weak at the position.....

TRADES:

Arik Armstead and 7-22 to DET for 4-17
pick 9/10 to SD for 1-17, 2-16 and a 2019 2nd (SD drafts OT Orlando Brown)
trade 2-27 to TB for 3-5 and a 2019 3rd (TB selects RB Sony Michel) 2nd year in a row we trade away the zone's darling RB

DRAFT:
1-17(From SD) Josh Jackson CB Iowa (shut down corner opposite Spoon) if our safeties can stay healthy our front 4 and back 4 is nice.

2-16 James Washington WR okla. st. We get a #1 target tp grow with Jimmy. Garcon wont be here forever. James can learn under him til he's ready.

3-5 (from TB) Wyatt Teller (OG) competes with Fusco and Garnett for a starting spot

3-6 Troy Fumagalli TE Wisconsin. i know this pick will be criticized and most will want a RB. Kittles and Celek both saw over 50% of our offensive snaps last year. troy brings the blocking and receiving. Will also help in the redzone but running game and passing game.

3-10 Matthew Thomas LB FSU(Mike) only 1 of a few LB's that makes plays at or behind the LOS consistently. The others would cost a 1st round pick. ive seen him mocked from 4th-6th. With Rueben being stupid i pull the trigger a round early.

4-17 Brandon Parker OT we get a young T to take over for when Staley retires.

4-27 Austin Corbett C/T he will be groomed to take over our Center duties in a year or two. in the mean time he competes for the #2 C while also being able to fill in at T.

5-6 Oren Burks LB(Will) Oren is a very good coverage LB. eventually taking over for Smith and starting alongside Thomas

6-10 Roc Thomas RB not a flashy name. Likely not a 3 down back. But dude can ball. I think alot of people forget how good Joe Williams looked last year. Yes he had a fumbling issue but one can only assume he'll be working on that this offseason. Thomas can complement Both williams and Breida

7-9 Jaylen Dunlap CB always seems to have tight coverage and a willing tackler

OFFENSE (23)

Jimmy G, Beathard
Williams, Bredia, Thomas, Juice
Garcon, Washington, Goodwin, Taylor, Bourne
Kittle, Fumagalli, celek
Staley, Brown, Parker (Corbett)
Wyatt, Garnett, Fusco (Kilgore)
Richburg, Kilgore, Corbett

DEFENSE: (25)

Quinn, Dumerville, Marsh
Earl Mittchell, Chris Jones
Buckner, Day
Thomas, Blair, Ealy
Harold (battle for backup with Pita and Gilbert winner the 25th player on defense)
Bostic, Thomas
Smith, Burks
Spoon, Stribbling
Tartt, Reid
Colbert, Ward
Jackson, Dunlap
williams

Pinion
Gould
Nelson

Would bring in some Safety and CB competition. With likely scenario of adding another CB somewhere along the lines bring the D total to 26. While adding either a WR/RB to the offense making that total 24.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
* LA Chargers

I think that Robert Quinn will get quite a bit more than you projected if he hit the open market.

Overall I like what you did but I would be concerned about RB. Breida and a bunch of unprovens. If we don't address RB in free agency or earlier in the draft, then that would be a major vote of confidence in what Shanahan sees in Williams.

One minor thing too, did you mean to have Chris Jones behind Mitchell on the depth chart or DJ Jones?
Yea bruh you are really low balling these free agents and just way too many trades. So instead of taking Sony you wanna run with Williams and Brieda? Not smart. We need playmakers badly
[ Edited by lamontb on Feb 14, 2018 at 4:52 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea bruh you are really low balling these free agents and just way too many trades. So instead of taking Sony you wanna run with Wilkiams and Brieda? Not smart. We need okaymakers badly

This and Michel won't be there at 2-27 or we better f ing pick him immediately
I dig the trade down to 17 and grabbing Jackson or Ward at CB or Davenport or Key at DE. Would prefer Auden Tate over Washington at 2-16. Also think we can make better use of all 3 3rds in your scenario. I do like Teller. But I'd prefer Daniels, Ragnow if available.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Outside of Quinn none of these FA's are top tier. And they all will make more than they have ever made. Outside of Quinn. Ealy hasnt been nothing for a couple years playing in 2 3-4 schemes.

Bostic's market value could very well be higher but.... would you feel comfortable giving him more? Likely not, neither will alot of other GMs. IMO
  • krizay
  • Veteran
FWIW i had us pegged for penny in tbe 3rd instead of thomas. Then Rueben....
One thing at a time:

Free agency - Like Richburg and Quinn, the rest..........not good at all

Trades - good with the first two, but wouldn't do the last deal if Michel was still there, especially if Hyde signs elsewhere.

Draft - if we add a RB to the team, this would be a good draft. Love the first two picks.

Nice idea overall.
Share 49ersWebzone