There are 204 users in the forums

Evolving Dream 2020 Offseason

Week 4

FA: Aside from depth pieces (cb, safety, OL) I dont care if we dont sign anyone, as long as we can get...

Jadeveon Clowney, DE

Dont care how bad of a year he has, I believe in him, and I want him. Possibility of him walking looks better and better as the weeks go on.

Ali Marpet, OG

OL is now dominant and deep. Ali can also play center, at a high level, in a pinch.

Draft

RD1: Greedy Williams, CB
If we dont land Clowney, then Clellin Ferrel is the pick. I know that, either way, an improved pass rush will help the CBs already on the roster, but Sherman is old and thus far injury prone, Ahkello I still believe in, but hasnt developed into a shut down corner yet, and I never liked the Moore pick, although my fingers are crossed. It is not often than you have the chance to sign a potential shut down #1 elite corner to a rookie deal, so with Clowney on the roster helping to fill our biggest hole, CB is the pick here. Deionte Thompson, safety, is tempting, but less vital.

RD2: Brian Burns, ER or Jachai Polite, ER or Oshane Ximines, ER

Clowney will only be a piece of the puzzle. We will need someone else blazing around the corner on the other side. 1st round talents, but with 2nd round size or pedigree, one of these guys should be available at the top of round 2, and Marsh should never be a starter ever again.

RD3: Yodney Cajuste, OT

I have been wanting to double or triple up at OL, but I need to be more realistic, and less reactionary. Cajuste can be the 6th OL, able to fill in at guard or tackle, while having all of the tools to be groomed into Staley's replacement, opposite McGlinchey. Anything more can be signed in FA.

RD4: Hakeem Butler, WR or Denzel Mims, WR

Goodwin, Pettis, Taylor, and James jr. can be a decent core WR unit, but certainly wont go down as anyones top 10 in the NFL. Adding an Alpha receiver, with good size, speed, and contested catch ability will certainly help round out and balance our corps.

RD6: Jamel Dean, CB

I want 4 outside corners, who can all start in a pinch. Dean has a good chance to be a solid piece. Watching the Bucs game this past Monday, man it was awesome to see their corners MJ Stewart and Carlton Davis play with such aggression and physicality. It makes football fun, and I want that for our team.

Draft Grant Delpit, S in the 1st round of the 2020 draft, and we can be real contenders if Jimmy G is truly who we think and hope he is. Oh. And screw it. Gimme Xavier Thomas or Amon-ra St. Brown in 2021.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Oct 3, 2018 at 9:49 AM ]
I noticed that you left off Dante Fowler from this latest mock. Just curious what makes Clowney a better target than Fowler in your mind.
Originally posted by YayArea:
I noticed that you left off Dante Fowler from this latest mock. Just curious what makes Clowney a better target than Fowler in your mind.

Too many character concerns I think. Cant imagine lynch going for him. Notice that I posted before the game as opposed to after it, so I'm less unreasonably desperate hahahah
Over a quarter into the season, and we start to more clearly see our team's needs, and fall deeper in love with our draft crushes. With the way our season is going, it's time to dream, and dream big. Yes this is unrealistic, no I dont care.

We are picking #2 over all. We are trading back with the raiders to top 7 and top 25, their 3rd and whatever else we can get. We trade soloman Thomas to some team for a 4th, cus heck, we ain't using him anyway. PS, these are not player comps.

R1: Greedy Williams, CB
Our Jalen Ramsey

R1: Jachai Polite, ER
Our Von Miller

R2: Montez Sweat, ER
Our Aldon Smith

R3: Yodney Cajuste, OT
Our Joe Staley

R3: Elgton Jenkins, OG/C
Our Ali Marpet

R4: Hakeem Butler, WR
Our AJ Green

R4: Rock Ya-Sin
Our Aqib Talib

R6: Jace Sternberger, TE
Our cool new tight end

2020:

R1: Grant Delpit, S
Our Derwin James
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Oct 12, 2018 at 1:01 AM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Week 4

FA: Aside from depth pieces (cb, safety, OL) I dont care if we dont sign anyone, as long as we can get...

Jadeveon Clowney, DE

Dont care how bad of a year he has, I believe in him, and I want him. Possibility of him walking looks better and better as the weeks go on.

Ali Marpet, OG

OL is now dominant and deep. Ali can also play center, at a high level, in a pinch.

Draft

RD1: Greedy Williams, CB
If we dont land Clowney, then Clellin Ferrel is the pick. I know that, either way, an improved pass rush will help the CBs already on the roster, but Sherman is old and thus far injury prone, Ahkello I still believe in, but hasnt developed into a shut down corner yet, and I never liked the Moore pick, although my fingers are crossed. It is not often than you have the chance to sign a potential shut down #1 elite corner to a rookie deal, so with Clowney on the roster helping to fill our biggest hole, CB is the pick here. Deionte Thompson, safety, is tempting, but less vital.

RD2: Brian Burns, ER or Jachai Polite, ER or Oshane Ximines, ER

Clowney will only be a piece of the puzzle. We will need someone else blazing around the corner on the other side. 1st round talents, but with 2nd round size or pedigree, one of these guys should be available at the top of round 2, and Marsh should never be a starter ever again.

RD3: Yodney Cajuste, OT

I have been wanting to double or triple up at OL, but I need to be more realistic, and less reactionary. Cajuste can be the 6th OL, able to fill in at guard or tackle, while having all of the tools to be groomed into Staley's replacement, opposite McGlinchey. Anything more can be signed in FA.

RD4: Hakeem Butler, WR or Denzel Mims, WR

Goodwin, Pettis, Taylor, and James jr. can be a decent core WR unit, but certainly wont go down as anyones top 10 in the NFL. Adding an Alpha receiver, with good size, speed, and contested catch ability will certainly help round out and balance our corps.

I want 4 outside corners, who can all start in a pinch. Dean has a good chance to be a solid piece. Watching the Bucs game this past Monday, man it was awesome to see their corners MJ Stewart and Carlton Davis play with such aggression and physicality. It makes football fun, and I want that for our team.

Draft Grant Delpit, S in the 1st round of the 2020 draft, and we can be real contenders if Jimmy G is truly who we think and hope he is. Oh. And screw it. Gimme Xavier Thomas or Amon-ra St. Brown in 2021.

I'm beginning to wonder about Clowney. If Clowney is available, he has to be at least considered. You are going pretty far out into the future. 2021 draft picks? lol
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm beginning to wonder about Clowney. If Clowney is available, he has to be at least considered. You are going pretty far out into the future. 2021 draft picks? lol

Never too early to develop a crush :p
FA:
Shaq Barrett, SLB
Kevin White, WR
Tyrell Williams, WR

Trades:
Soloman Thomas and 2020 3rd rd pick for
2019 5th round pick
Amari Cooper, WR

2019 2nd, 2019 4th, 2020 2nd for
2019 1st (late pick), 2019 7th

Draft:
RD1: Nick Bosa, DE
RD1: Jachai Polite, OLB/ER
RD3: Derrick Baity, CB
RD5: Rock Ya-sin, CB
RD7: Alaric Jackson, OT

Analysis:
I hate to give up on Soloman Thomas, but either he isnt good inside either, or they're too stupid to use him there. Either way, hes wasting a roster spot, but can still have trade value. There are a handful of WR I like in this draft, but we dont have the draft capital to take one over ER or CB. A combination of Pettis and Goodwin outside with Amari in the slot, while having Williams and White compete for that number 4 big WR security blanket role is a very nice WR corps to compliment Kittle and our RBs.

We maneuver around the board to attack our positions of need, while making sure to retain our #1 pick the next year to use on safety Delpit (or Chase Young if we suck bad enough).

We have Bosa stepping in to dominate at LEO from day 1. We added Shaq to be our starting Sam, and we have Jachai Polite as a situational pass rusher, to explode off the edge opposite Bosa. We have enough inside with Day, Jones, Buckner, and Street to not miss Thomas. At corner, we probably have Sherman coming back for one more year, and we have Ahkello and Moore coming back with another year under their belt, and an actual pass rush to help them out. Of course, Ahkello appears to have regressed, and I never trusted Moore, so we have 3 promising developmental prototypes behind them to choose from. Overkill? Maybe. But god our defense looks terrible. Unfortunately, we have to ride with our safety situation for another year, but I was high on Colbert and Tartt coming into the year and still have hope, and dont like any of the safeties in the class outside of the first 2 rounds (which need to be ER). Besides, were taking Delpit the next year as mentioned. If all of the picks and FA acquisitions are hits, were basically without any more glaring holes. OL has been a surprising strong point this year, and I even feel secure on the interior with a combo of Person, Garnett, Richburg, Tomlinson, and Magnusson. That only leaves Staleys eventual replacement, and Jackson has as good a chance to develop as any. I didnt leave too much ammunition for the 2020 draft, but hopefully with these acquisitions, we will only be needing depth players anyway. Can replace Goodwin in the 2021 draft with Amon-ra St. Brown. (Or suck again and grab Xavier Thomas).
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Oct 16, 2018 at 9:26 PM ]
FA:
Jadeveon Clowney, DL1
Shaquil Barrett, SLB1
Tyrell Williams, WR4
Maxx Williams, TE2

Trades:
Soloman Thomas + 2020 3rd for 2019 2nd
Trent Taylor + 2019 6th for 2019 5th

Draft:
1 Nick Bosa, DE
2 David Edwards, OT
2 Riley Ridley, WR
3 Derrick Baity, CB
4 Rock Ya-Sin, CB
5 Sutton Smith, LB
Love 'em all! Isnt Clowney rather injury prone? Just asking.
Originally posted by English:
Love 'em all! Isnt Clowney rather injury prone? Just asking.

He is, and thatd be the only reason we'd have even a 1% chance at him becoming a free agent. He is such a game wrecker tho that if you could just have him for 10-12 games + playoffs, hes worth any amount of money you can pay him, imo.

Thinking about how nice it would be to have 3 1st round picks..sweat, greedy, and dieonte thompson
FA:
Tyrell Williams, WR
Shaquill Barrett, SLB

Trade back, pick up a 2019 2nd and 2020 1st.
Ideally, our trade partner is the Raiders, and we add another 1st this year as well, to grab Deionte Thomas.

RD1: Montez Sweat, EDGE
It's getting harder to ignore Josh Allen in this spot. I think the combine will be big; how explosive and fast is Allen, vs. how much muscle/good weight can Sweat put on.

RD2: Jachai Polite, EDGE
High ceiling, but lower floor might make him drop. Can be a Harold Landry esque steal.

RD2: Derrick Baity, CB
Need some play makers in the secondary to accompany our new pass rush.

RD3: DJ Hockenson, TE
Probably the 4th or 5th TE taken. Will look good next to Kittle.

RD4: Rock Ya-Sin, CB
Much upgraded DB group after this draft.

RD6: Alaric Jackson, OT
High ceiling OL6.

RD1: Laviska Shenault, WR
WR1.

RD1: Grant Delpit, S
Since we missed on Derwin James and Deionte Thompson.

RD2: Andrew Thomas, OT
LT of the future if Alaric isnt it.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Oct 29, 2018 at 7:01 PM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
FA:
Tyrell Williams, WR
Shaquill Barrett, SLB

Trade back, pick up a 2019 2nd and 2020 1st.

RD1: Montez Sweat, EDGE
It's getting harder to ignore Josh Allen in this spot. I think the combine will be big; how explosive and fast is Allen, vs. how much muscle/good weight can Sweat put on.

RD2: Jachai Polite, EDGE
High ceiling, but lower floor might make him drop. Can be a Harold Landry esque steal.

RD2: Derrick Baity, CB
Need some play makers in the secondary to accompany our new pass rush.

RD3: DJ Hockenson, TE
Probably the 4th or 5th TE taken. Will look good next to Kittle.

RD4: Rock Ya-Sin, CB
Much upgraded DB group after this draft.

RD6: Alaric Jackson, OT
High ceiling OL6.

RD1: Laviska Shenault, WR
WR1.

RD1: Grant Delpit, S
Since we missed on Derwin James and Deionte Thompson.

RD2: Andrew Thomas, OT
LT of the future if Alaric isnt it.

Daddy like...
This is likely to be my final mocks until the off-season/combine

With trade:
Tyrell Williams, WR, Shaq Barrett, SLB
2 1sts and a 3rd from Raiders

1: Montez Sweat, DE
1: Jachai Polite, ER
2: Kaleb McGary, OT
3: Hakeem Butler, WR
3: DJ Hockenson, TE