LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 277 users in the forums

EARL THOMAS + RAMSEY

This Deal needs to go down. Offer Thomas a show me contract and Swap 1sts with the Jags for Ramsey.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Not sure how likely this is but the I would be all for it...
Earl is not going to sign a prove it type deal... I'm guessing 4 years at 12m per year will get it done. Ramsey is going want a massive extension- probably in the 6 for 90m range
[ Edited by fip24 on Dec 27, 2018 at 9:31 PM ]
Thomas adds no value to any deal with his contract.

But I would love Thomas and Ramsey.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Dec 27, 2018 at 10:10 PM ]
Wait...this isn't a 9moon thread?
Thomas is nearing 30 and he's been beat up the past few years. I'm against it, his best years are in the rear view mirror.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Thomas is nearing 30 and he's been beat up the past few years. I'm against it, his best years are in the rear view mirror.

He was playing at an all pro level..again... before he broke his leg .
If Earl came here on a prove it deal like Sherman where he has to earn his check, all while sticking it to the seachickens and If the Jags are willing to swap picks for Ramsey that would be awesome. Our defensive backfield would be at least top 5 in the league with those 2 additions. If we added Dee Ford or Clowney during free agency for the edge we could draft a WR with our first pick possibly DK Metcalf and our holes on both sides of the ball would be essentially filled.

lol he had more INTs in his 4 games this yr then our whole team so far.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Wait...this isn't a 9moon thread?

My exact thoughts also. The all caps and everything. Like Thomas isn't signing a show me contract. Maybe Ramsey could be had but that's a long shot.
Originally posted by okieniner:
This Deal needs to go down. Offer Thomas a show me contract and Swap 1sts with the Jags for Ramsey.

the problem is their is no QB worth trading up for that high.

If a team is willing to move on from a player of Ramsay's caliber that is a red flag.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Originally posted by NYniner85:

The whole "he's better than anyone we have" doesn't really work, and doesn't nescarally mean we should go after him, I despise Seattle, but Earl Thomas was one of the only guys I liked and respected from that team and if this was at any other point of his career I'd love for him to be on the team. But he's had 2 major injuries in the last 3 years and is at the age when players at his position start to decline. If we do sign him it'll be a gamble, but I'll hope that he can continue to play at a high level
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 28, 2018 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
If a team is willing to move on from a player of Ramsay's caliber that is a red flag.

Exactly, I just don't see it happening. Have jags expressed interest in shopping him?
OP and 9moon have to be related somehow.
Share 49ersWebzone