There are 172 users in the forums

49ers released Chris Cook *Updated*

I didn't think he stood out much as opposed to someone like Darryl Morris, I suppose coaches saw something in his combination of practice/study and games.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kujon11:
haralson? or were you talking about that lb that blew it up during the last part of pre-season?
haralson i guess,, that shows you how much i care about it now!
Originally posted by AutographDynasty:
I didn't think he stood out much as opposed to someone like Darryl Morris, I suppose coaches saw something in his combination of practice/study and games.

I'm not so sure Cook pushed Morris off the roster...Cox did. Cox plays the exact same role as Morris (slot, outside CB and ST ace) but the light has come on for Cox and right now, is just slightly better than Morris. Also, Cook is most likely the #3 outside CB competing with Cox for that role. So really, as much as I love Morris and his upside and future, we already had that player on the roster and he's further along in his development.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Eric Wright will beat him out guaranteed!!!!

You know you're a badass when you can call out yourself!
i was wrong about
giving erickson a second year with his hand picked coaches
proclaiming we will sign david boston and we will explode
alex will never lose his job to ck in the middle of the season
we will never make the playoffs during the year we went to the super bowl
eric wright will be a great corner
jon baldwin will be a great wide out for us
marlon moore will be a great wide out for us
we will rue the day we traded a linebacker at this time last year whose name i no longer remember for a 7th round draft pick
the team will cut james and keep either alfonso smith or winston

now try to beat that track record

Impressive! You are like our Anti-Nostradamus!
thank you,. i wear that mask well
haralson? or were you talking about that lb that blew it up during the last part of pre-season?

You were thinking of Cam Johnson.

yeah, that other guy haha

yeah, that other guy haha

Seems like a time long ago in another universe.
I'm not so sure Cook pushed Morris off the roster...Cox did. Cox plays the exact same role as Morris (slot, outside CB and ST ace) but the light has come on for Cox and right now, is just slightly better than Morris. Also, Cook is most likely the #3 outside CB competing with Cox for that role. So really, as much as I love Morris and his upside and future, we already had that player on the roster and he's further along in his development.
Moriss was a valued contributor last year. Cox was waived. Lot of rookies we kept instead pf morris and his 4.3 speed. Imstantly picked up ny the very first team that could? Sure its not a personality conflict?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Moriss was a valued contributor last year. Cox was waived. Lot of rookies we kept instead pf morris and his 4.3 speed. Imstantly picked up ny the very first team that could? Sure its not a personality conflict?

I personally had us keeping all three in my 53 but that's b/c we play so much nickle and we always have injuriues to our secondary. But we also have to be fair to note that Cox has been ball'n since he was recalled and played outstanding during the playoff run. The biggest mistake the coaches made in the NFCCG was sub Rogers in for a hot Cox. Wait, that sounds bad...although I would have preferred ANYTHING over Rogers at that juncture.

I personally had us keeping all three in my 53 but that's b/c we play so much nickle and we always have injuriues to our secondary. But we also have to be fair to note that Cox has been ball'n since he was recalled and played outstanding during the playoff run. The biggest mistake the coaches made in the NFCCG was sub Rogers in for a hot Cox. Wait, that sounds bad...although I would have preferred ANYTHING over Rogers at that juncture.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Team49ers:

you made michael sams ears perk up NC
Hehe!
Man, this guy has some creepy instinctual awareness about him. -I was watching his Mic'd Up video + Texans film, he has incredible field vision/adjustment skills, makes gutsy plays/gambles off of those instincts (which our backfield needs more of), Cook was showing the skills he played with at Virginia during preseason/camp.

Cook has a weird tendency to turn his head back immediately after the snap (towards the QB), which manipulates WRs into looking back prematurely, giving away the read before the WR even finishes his assignment, thus giving Cook time to adjust, being able to make those Rod Woodson over-shoulder interceptions.

-Even Minnesota beat writers think the Vikings f**ked up on this one.

http://thevikingage.com/2014/08/30/vikings-wrong-bring-back-cb-chris-cook/
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 4, 2014 at 6:56 AM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Man, this guy has some creepy instinctual awareness about him. -I was watching his Mic'd Up video + Texans film, he has incredible field vision/adjustment skills, makes gutsy plays/gambles off of those instincts (which our backfield needs more of), Cook was showing the skills he played with at Virginia during preseason/camp.

Cook has a weird tendency to turn his head back immediately after the snap (towards the QB), which manipulates WRs into looking back prematurely, giving away the read before the WR even finishes his assignment, thus giving Cook time to adjust, being able to make those Rod Woodson over-shoulder interceptions.

-Even Minnesota beat writers think the Vikings f**ked up on this one.

http://thevikingage.com/2014/08/30/vikings-wrong-bring-back-cb-chris-cook/

Thanks for the link - had a bit of trouble w/it but got the gist.

I'm really hoping Trent hit gold on this one to like he did w/Dorsey.
Share 49ersWebzone