There are 203 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo-QB-EIU

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Harbaugh truly wanted to run more of West Coast oriented offense, Garoppolo fits that to a T. Quick release, accurate, quick feet, doesn't get frazzled too easily in the pocket, very decisive, reads defense's well...etc.

As a backup, he'd be outstanding, a perfectly capable starter in case ever Kaepernick went down.

I agree, he is a perfect fit for what Harbaugh wants in a QB. Give him some time to groom and he would be the best backup qb or a eventual replacement if kaepernick doesn't re-sign.
Nope, 49ers are drafting him, Kaepernick's gone, gonna get traded to the Dolphins.

Would you trade Kaepernick for 2 #1s?
smokescreen.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs

Jimmy Garoppolo said he tried to "steal" a little knowledge from Jim Harbaugh/Bill O'Brien in private workouts http://bit.ly/NsElP5
I figured Kaep's discount would be 18 mil instead of the 20 million he probably thinks he deserves. I'd like to see him back at a lower price to see if he could develop further. He's more of a runner than a good passer for that kind of money. If we pay him big money, we can't keep others and the team has to be shaped around him. We definitlely are a team based off a strong running game and defense though. If his demands were high, I had us trading Kaep for a mid first round pick at least. Then we take Cooks Wr with that pick and QB Garoppolo with our first. I've really liked Garoppolo since the Shrine game. I didn't post that mock after I saw someone else getting flamed for suggesting we dare trade Kaep. We get a cheap QB for 4 more yrs and get to extend everyone else. I think we take another QB like Fales to be the backup and eventually trade one of these two QB's. Keep Harbaugh and take advantage of him developing QB's. Always keep bringing them in and trading the backup like Reid used to do.
Originally posted by communist:
smokescreen.

A smokescreen meant to make you think it is a smokescreen.
Kap better not exit a game with a concussion
Originally posted by jobiwon:
I figured Kaep's discount would be 18 mil instead of the 20 million he probably thinks he deserves. I'd like to see him back at a lower price to see if he could develop further. He's more of a runner than a good passer for that kind of money. If we pay him big money, we can't keep others and the team has to be shaped around him. We definitlely are a team based off a strong running game and defense though. If his demands were high, I had us trading Kaep for a mid first round pick at least. Then we take Cooks Wr with that pick and QB Garoppolo with our first. I've really liked Garoppolo since the Shrine game. I didn't post that mock after I saw someone else getting flamed for suggesting we dare trade Kaep. We get a cheap QB for 4 more yrs and get to extend everyone else. I think we take another QB like Fales to be the backup and eventually trade one of these two QB's. Keep Harbaugh and take advantage of him developing QB's. Always keep bringing them in and trading the backup like Reid used to do.

I don't think your comments are out of line at all. We have to look at every angle as I'm sure management is doing at the moment. The biggest question would be is ANY quarterback worth 18MM a year for our team that utilizes a run first mentality? Unless our offense changes dramatically, would we really get 18MM a year out of our QB knowing that other positions will suffer?

It's a very fair question...
  • buck
  • Veteran
Houston also had a private workout with him. I think if a team wants him bad enough, they'd move up into the 1st, so it could be additional leverage for the 49ers, that said, I definitely get the feeling that they will be looking at a QB earlier rather than later.

Why would we want to draft a quarterback earlier rather than later?
[ Edited by buck on Mar 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM ]
Well played by Harbaugh the last 24 hours...very well played. Could you imagine the media sh*tstorm if he hadn't refuted the stories before flying off to this private workout? Any chance this kid lasts until our late 2nd rounder? I'd like at least a WR/CB combo before grabbing a backup QB.

Originally posted by buck:
Why would we want to draft a quarterback earlier than later?

Insurance in case Kaepernick doesn't get re-signed or maybe they just want a better quality backup after seeing what happened to Green Bay. Everyone here is so positive that the 49ers are going to take 2 WR's, 2 CB's, a safety....etc, I wouldn't be shocked if they went DL, CB, QB, WR and the entire Webzone would blow up.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:
Well played by Harbaugh the last 24 hours...very well played. Could you imagine the media sh*tstorm if he hadn't refuted the stories before flying off to this private workout? Any chance this kid lasts until our late 2nd rounder? I'd like at least a WR/CB combo before grabbing a backup QB.

Nope he will be a late first early 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Nope he will be a late first early 2nd round pick.

I can only imagine how much this place would blow up if we went QB at 30...especially now that we have to wait almost 24 hours until the 49ers 2nd round pick. IMO it won't happen.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jobiwon:
I figured Kaep's discount would be 18 mil instead of the 20 million he probably thinks he deserves.

I have no idea what Kaepernick thinks he deserves.

That statement reminds me of something that know-nothing Mike Florio would say.
Originally posted by ltrain:
I can only imagine how much this place would blow up if we went QB at 30...especially now that we have to wait almost 24 hours until the 49ers 2nd round pick. IMO it won't happen.

It would be............G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S....... The entire website would crash within 10 seconds of the pick being announced, and then crash repeatedly for the next 12 hours.
Share 49ersWebzone