There are 246 users in the forums

I need honest unbiased advice

• Silky
  • Veteran
There is a guy in my league willing to trade Stafford for a top RB. I told him I am willing to give up Gore for him. The QBs I have now are not producing. I have Eli and Rex Grossman.

My question is, should I stick with Eli (hope that he starts picking it up) and keep Gore? This guy also has Tom Brady, so if I give him Gore and Gore all of a sudden explodes, his team will be unstoppable. Is Stafford worth it in the long run for me?
  • Silky
  • Veteran
and how does everyone feel about Chad Ochocinco? Will he explode eventually with Tom Brady? I have him, but haven't started him yet
post your team. how many teams are in your league?
  • Silky
  • Veteran
QBs: Rex, Eli
RBs: Ray Rice, Gore, Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead
WR: Wes Welker, Malcolm Floyd, Chad Ochocinco, Braylon Edwards, Donald Driver, Steve Smith (eagles)
TE: Jermichael Finley, Owen Daniels
K: Jay Feely
D/ST: San Diego, San Francisco

I think my weakest links are my WR's. Welker has been solid for me, but not much production anywhere else. I'm hoping Brady targets Ocho more as the season rolls along.
Gore hasn't done crap this season yet, but I don't want to give up on him. He might just be having a slow start. Alot of websites are predicting he has his breakout game this week.

I'm in a 12 team league (PPR).
Gore is way too much for Stafford IMO. He already has Tom Brady, it's not like he really has much leverage because he's practically forced to trade Stafford or otherwise he'd be wasted on his bench. He's obviously trying to sell very high on Stafford right now and IMO you shouldn't take the bait. This is a classic case of sell high(Stafford) and buy low (Gore).

Don't get me wrong though, I really like Stafford and his upside is tremendous in that offense. I just think you should try to hold out for more when you're giving away one of your top backs. Try and ask for more than Stafford, like a WR to bolster one of your weaknesses.

What does this persons roster look like?
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Gore is way too much for Stafford IMO. He already has Tom Brady, it's not like he really has much leverage because he's practically forced to trade Stafford or otherwise he'd be wasted on his bench. He's obviously trying to sell very high on Stafford right now and IMO you shouldn't take the bait. This is a classic case of sell high(Stafford) and buy low (Gore).

Don't get me wrong though, I really like Stafford and his upside is tremendous in that offense. I just think you should try to hold out for more when you're giving away one of your top backs. Try and ask for more than Stafford, like a WR to bolster one of your weaknesses.

What does this persons roster look like?

Well he started Tom Brady, Carnel Williams, Shonn Greene, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Steve johnson, Janikowski, and TB defense.

On the bench he has Stafford, Steven Jackson, Addai, Fred Jackson, Mike Thomas, Vernon Davis, Suisham, Titans D/ST
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Personally, I don't see Gore helping his team. While I like Ingram going forward from here on out I think it makes you a little weak at RB. For me, if you want Stafford and with your roster I clearly would, You may have to bite the bullet to make it worth while. With that I mean throw in Welker. Yea I know PPR and I wouldn't want to do it either but........

I'm looking at a Gore, Welker, Ocho maybe throw in Eli since he's a more attractive name and ask for, Stafford, Fred Jackson, Boldin and Stevie Johnson. This guy looks like he knows FF so chances are he doesn't accept this trade. But it may open the door for a counter, seeing how i'm sure he likes that Welker/Brady matchup.

With all that said, I don't think I do that trade 1 for 1.
What are his WR's? If he has a reciever that has some PPR value, then make it a Gore/One of your WR's for Stafford/one of his WR's trade.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Do you think he would bite on Gore and Ocho for Stafford and Boldin or Steve Johnson? My logic is, he has nothing to lose. He already has Brady. He needs a RB
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Do you think he would bite on Gore and Ocho for Stafford and Boldin or Steve Johnson? My logic is, he has nothing to lose. He already has Brady. He needs a RB

Wouldn't hurt to try. I would shoot for Stafford and Stevie first

• Silky
  • Veteran
alright! I did it. I proposed a trade to the guy. Eli and Frank for Stafford and Boldin. I hope he bites
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Wouldn't hurt to try. I would shoot for Stafford and Stevie first

you think stevie is better than boldin?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
alright! I did it. I proposed a trade to the guy. Eli and Frank for Stafford and Boldin. I hope he bites

Not only will it likely not happen. If I was the other owner you just lost all cumminications for stafford with this offer.
Originally posted by krizay:

Not only will it likely not happen. If I was the other owner you just lost all cumminications for stafford with this offer.

Wow that's a little harsh. The guy needs a RB and Gore for Stafford wasn't an even trade offer IMO. Not saying the guy should say yes, but to stop talking?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:
Wow that's a little harsh. The guy needs a RB and Gore for Stafford wasn't an even trade offer IMO. Not saying the guy should say yes, but to stop talking?

He doesn't really NEED a RB. Especially another underachieving one. That guy is giving up 2 starters for 1 spot starter and a bye week fill in. No way I look at this as a fair deal. Can't look at Stafford as that guy's backup. Have to look at him as ap's starter.

As I said earlier in this post, Welker would be the only player that would peak my interest on his roster. Well obviously Rice but I'm almost positive that would never happen so......
Share 49ersWebzone