Name them for me. Thanks.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
your definition of sleeper?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by krizay:
your definition of sleeper?

A starter or backup that does better than expect. Doesn't necessarily have to be like a Peyton Hillis. Like the RB from Houston.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Jahvid Best, Knowshon Moreno, Austin Collie, Mike Thomas, Josh Freeman, the two rookie WRs taken in top 6 - and many others. Too lazy to name 'em.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Aug 19, 2011 at 1:05 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Jason Hill, yes our Jason Hill will be close to if not a 1,000 yard receiver this year. He averaged over 50 yards a game the last 4 games last year aned now he's starting.
Sleepers

Colt McCoy
Donovan McNabb
Jahvid Best
Beanie Wells (now that Williams is out)
Tim Hightower (could be lead back in Shanahan offense)
Anquan Boldin
Steve Smith (carolina)
Jordy Nelson
anybody that crzy takes in the draft
A few Sleepers I have been keeping an eye on

Tim Hightower
C.J Spiller
Ryan Matthew
Daniel Thomas
Mark Ingram
Stevan Ridley
Shonn Greene
Ryan Grant

Jordan Shipley
Arrelious Benn
Anquan Boldin
Kenny Britt
Jimmy Graham
Owen Daniels
Lance Moore
Mike Thomas

All the guys that I have listed are going relatively late in drafts, some aren't even being drafted consistently and could be picked up at decent value. I wouldn't jump up and grab these guys too early but they could be late draft gems.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

i dont know how most of the people listed so far can be considered Sleepers most of those guys are being taken in first 5-7 rounds.. when i think of sleeper i think of players that are barely drafted that become successful..

my top sleepers this year are Nate Burleson at WR and TE Kendricks (STL) and Cook (Ten)

Ingram would be a sleeper if alot of people arent reaching for him which seems to be the case.. Another sleeper might be Willis McGahee, hes in a run heavy offense and never know how healthy Moreno is going to stay including McGahee is already being used for goaline. Lastly Montario Hardesty with the madden curse on Hillis' shoulder expect Hardesty to be healthy by this time

Originally posted by Fricker:
i dont know how most of the people listed so far can be considered Sleepers most of those guys are being taken in first 5-7 rounds.. when i think of sleeper i think of players that are barely drafted that become successful..

my top sleepers this year are Nate Burleson at WR and TE Kendricks (STL) and Cook (Ten)

Ingram would be a sleeper if alot of people arent reaching for him which seems to be the case.. Another sleeper might be Willis McGahee, hes in a run heavy offense and never know how healthy Moreno is going to stay including McGahee is already being used for goaline. Lastly Montario Hardesty with the madden curse on Hillis' shoulder expect Hardesty to be healthy by this time

I define sleeper as someone who outperforms his ADP. For instance Anquan Boldin is ranked as the 24th best WR according to ESPN.com. His ADP is 66th overall. I feel he will be around the top 10 of WRs thus making him a sleeper in my book.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I define sleeper as someone who outperforms his ADP. For instance Anquan Boldin is ranked as the 24th best WR according to ESPN.com. His ADP is 66th overall. I feel he will be around the top 10 of WRs thus making him a sleeper in my book.

Hrmm thats not a bad accessment of things.. But i think your wrong on Boldin.
what do you guys think about james starks? someone dropped him in one of my leagues and i just dropped celek (backup TE) to add him for some RB depth
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/fantasy-football/156763-fantasy-football-sleepers/
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Share 49ersWebzone