LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 148 users in the forums

14 team draft strategy?

Last year 8 out of the top 10 scorers were QBs, based on our league's scoring. Usually don't take a QB very early-- but they go fast. I have 4th overall selection...so Rice, Charles, McCoy, possible Johnson are going to be available...

Any advice on taking a QB in the first round in a 14 team league? Or is that just stupid?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by spoiledNconfused:
Last year 8 out of the top 10 scorers were QBs, based on our league's scoring. Usually don't take a QB very early-- but they go fast. I have 4th overall selection...so Rice, Charles, McCoy, possible Johnson are going to be available...

Any advice on taking a QB in the first round in a 14 team league? Or is that just stupid?

well I have a 14 teamer coming up and I'm having the same debate with myself. Unfortunately I have the 7th pick. Which is the McCoy, Vick & Rodgers range. I'm debating between McCoy, Brady(or reach for Brees) and Bowe (or Mike Williams). Or Vick (or Rodgers) with Forte and Bowe (or Mike Williams)

i'm leaning towards McCoy and Brady. But every time I say this I start thinking McCoy, Forte and Romo (unless Schaub is availabe)

But you having the 4th pick, then Ray Rice has to be your pick. assuming CJ,AP and Foster are gone.

Then you're in prime position to get Rivers or Brees on the way back.

If they do go QB early and theirs no top tier available on the way back, load up on WR & RB and go Ryan or Roethlisberger in the 5th. Another option i'm considering.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
14 teams??? sheesh!!!! You guys will be coming down to 3rd string TE's.

I never get in a league with more than 12.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
14 teams??? sheesh!!!! You guys will be coming down to 3rd string TE's.

I never get in a league with more than 12.

3rd string TE? who drafts more than 1?
Top RB available. Next get the top QB available. Then get the next best WR. You can get a Charles/Rivers/Austin combo or something similar which is not too bad in a 14 teamer.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
draft better players then the other teams
If Rodgers is sitting there at 4 you take him. I always like to get the highest scoring player 1st for FF and at 4th its usually a QB. Plus by the time you pick again most of the top scoring QBs will be gone.
Share 49ersWebzone