There are 224 users in the forums

Joe Webb?

Joe Webb?

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by jrg:
Update: Favre starting

All the people who started joe webb this week

LOL I just picked him up to keep to keep others from playing the guy. I had no intention of ever using him and trying to get QB stats as a WR.
Oh man, I decided at 3am sunday morning/saturday night to pick up Webb and start him instead of Jacoby Ford in my semi finals game. Should have just kept Ford in because he got 18 points.

But anyway, this morning I hear that Favre might play so I pick up Hester in case that happens. But I didn't realize that in order to play him I'd have cut Webb when I pick him up. So it wouldn't let me start Hester because the guy I cut had already played. And, to make things worse, my opponent was starting the Bears D.

So I went into this terrible monday night game up 20 but facing a great Bears D and starting a backup QB as a WR. Favre going down saved my ass, because the Bears D scored more than 20. Even with Webb in the game, it was really close. Every play was basically worth double so anything could happen. And in a totally frozen Gopher Stadium almost anything did happen. But I pulled out a win. And it made a totally lop sided sorry excuse for an NFL game INCREDIBLY exciting.

So no, I don't think it was unfair. I think that combined with the unusual monday night game, it brought an extra element of excitement to what was already a huge match up.

Now I just have to decide whether to start Webb or Ford in the championship game....
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Update: Favre starting

All the people who started joe webb this week

LOL I just picked him up to keep to keep others from playing the guy. I had no intention of ever using him and trying to get QB stats as a WR.

Same here.
Just got this interesting post on my leagues message board even though I didn't even use Webb (started Knox) and wasn't going to this week but now, I might just do it....

Quote:
Respect for the game?

Lundy, I guess you think you are genius,compaired to the other teams in this league. I think you have no respect for your opponent, or this league. Our league rules state we may start "1" QB. You knowingly started two QB's. Yahoo may have miss labled Webb AS a WR, but you knew you were adding a 2nd QB.You were so opposed to the flex position,(QB's don't apply), but you have proved you have no integrity.Did you break rules? Thats not for me to decide.....and to quote a popular american hero, "and thats all I have to say about that"

And my response

Quote:
Before you spout off... You might want to check who I started (knox not Webb) and as far as my integrity goes, I am just following the rules set forth by this website (which I hate) and the fact that because of this website, I have had worry about thier setup not allowing Bill to get the bye (TP is the first tiebreaker) and 16 roster spots (we have to deal with 15) A trade I never made. and the fact that anyone at anytime had the opprotunity to pick up Webb and use him like they have with Woodhead. I was going to play straight up but now I am not so sure since you like to judge my character so much..... I am sorry you feel that way
Maybe it's because I don't play in a money league, but I'm surprised people are taking this so seriously.

I mean, Woodhead has been started all year as both a RB and WR in many leagues, even though he's really just a RB.

And moreover, while QBs are generally higher scoring than WRs, we're talking about a rookie QB from UAB who happens to be matched up against two of the best Ds in the league. I don't think playing him, even as a WR, is a safe move. It's a gamble that could pay off big, or blow up in someone's face. I could easily see him putting up a terrible score against the Philly D this week.

Maybe it's just because I grabbed him and started him, but I think it's fun. Had I not started him I would have had my game wrapped up on sunday. But because I chose to start him, I ended up on roller coaster ride on monday night that turned out to be one of my most fun FF moments. And since I'm not playing for money, fun is what it's all about for me.
He will be part of my team in week 16. I asked the guys in my group and surprisingly they all said it was fair.
I just really picked him up to not be used against me

Oh and to play some mindgames with my opponent

I think its working
Fair is Fair.....Do your HW. There are numerous players who are labeled as two positions and people play them all year long...I remember about 3-4 years ago when Colston was labeled as a TE/WR and the team that used him basically had 4 WR's all year.

If your in the championship and need a WR. DO IT....especially if its for money.

49ers PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in the Championship game in WZ Yahoo league, have Joe Webb, and could use a better WR. Even though its for fun only I dont think starting Webb is the right thing to do.

Well.. that is unless Crzy pisses me off between now and then.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
hmm...that seems wack.

He's a WR when Favre is playing

He's a QB when Favre is out.
[ Edited by crzy on Dec 21, 2010 at 5:31 PM ]

A manager in my league picked him up and is using him at the flex position WR/RB. Yes, it's Yahoo.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
hmm...that seems wack.

just makes you wonder how many of these there are out there...think of a guy like brad smith of the jets...what if the jets lost a bunch of QB's like the vikings did lol
hmm...that seems wack.

just makes you wonder how many of these there are out there...think of a guy like brad smith of the jets...what if the jets lost a bunch of QB's like the vikings did lol

Hybrid players certainly aren't new. Plenty of people got points from RBs throwing TDs in Miami over the past few years.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
hmm...that seems wack.

Hybrid players certainly aren't new. Plenty of people got points from RBs throwing TDs in Miami over the past few years.

it's not very common in the fantasy.

especially QB/WR combinations
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
hmm...that seems wack.

it's not very common in the fantasy.

especially QB/WR combinations

did seneca wallace have a QB/WR combo in fantasy?
Share 49ersWebzone