There are 202 users in the forums

A.Smith or Mcnabb?

Picked up Alex off waivers this week and im thinking we have to throw the ball a ton to win this game. So who do you like?
Umm, I'll take D-Mac.
LOL.. Not even close. McNabb obviously
  • gage
  • Veteran
I have the exact same dilemma in my league. McNabb hasn't been playing as well as expected and Alex Smith outscored him by 15 last week.

I have a very solid lineup otherwise and the guy I'm playing this week really doesn't so I'm thinking about rolling the dice with Smith.
I think Smith goes about 180 yrds 1 td and 2 picks... just a guess. Dont see how you could possibly take him over McNabb but good luck to you if you do. Hope you win!
  • gage
  • Veteran
Yea I was rethinking it and its probably a safer bet to just play McNabb. Allow Alex at least one week to prove himself and if he does, then homer it up from then on.
dude hes playing the colts tough team but id start him against the titans next week
Im goping with Mcnabb because Westbrook is banged up and prob wont play much. So Mcnabb is going to pass a lot. But You guys are sleeping on Smith. he is going to have another good week. We will have to throw a ton to keep up. My prediction for alex is 278 yds 2 tds passing 1 rushing.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dude hes playing the colts tough team but id start him against the titans next week

this
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Picked up Alex off waivers this week and im thinking we have to throw the ball a ton to win this game. So who do you like?

I actually have the same dilemma. Right now, I have Alex in there because McNabb has put up 11 against the Raiders and Redskins in consecutive weeks, which doesn't give me any confidence in his current abilities...and the fact that he's going up against the Giants and he's still somewhat injured.

We keep hearing about how good the Colts pass defense is, but we don't even know what our own QB is capable of at this point. We saw a glimpse of what he could do against a relaxed team in the lead who hadn't scouted him in a single half. Now, he's going up against a well-coached, very talented team that is considered one of the two best teams in the NFL right now. Undefeated...

Frankly, I need a lot more than 11 points this week to beat my opponent. So I'm rolling the dice. I'm hoping Alex can do over 300 yards passing and 3 TD's. I know it's wishful thinking, but if he has enough time to pass, he's not going to be just dumping off screens all day like Hill.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

this

Agreed. Alex will have a good game against the Titans.
Share 49ersWebzone