LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 319 users in the forums

Is Shonn Greene worth holding onto in a 12 team league?

Okay, for the past couple years I've done pretty well drafting rookie RBs. This year, the guy I thought could end up being the steal of the draft was Shonn Greene. I really like the way he runs (low and with power) and thought it would translate well to the NFL. I also thought the Thomas Jones would start to slow down and that they would want to support their rookie QB with a strong ground game. But now, it looks like I was wrong on almost all counts. Jones looks good. Sanchez looks great. And Greene hasn't gotten on the field.

I've also got more backup RBs (Ward, McGahee, Taylor) than WRs (Avery). I'm trying to work a trade, but I'm also looking at a few waiver WRs, like Nate Washington and Randel El, and thinking, maybe I should drop Greene for one of them.

What do you guys think? Am I just clinging to a false hopes by holding onto Greene?
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for SacRock14.
Not worth hanging on to if you have other needs. Greene is the 3rd RB.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'd only drop him for a good player.
Originally posted by crzy:

Not sure if any of these guys qualify, but here are the WRs I'm thinking about dropping Greene to add:

Nate Washington
Bess
Randle El
Michael Clayton
Jacoby Jones
Mike Sims-Walker
Deion Branch
Johnny Knox
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by crzy:

Not sure if any of these guys qualify, but here are the WRs I'm thinking about dropping Greene to add:

Nate Washington
Bess
Randle El
Michael Clayton
Jacoby Jones
Mike Sims-Walker
Deion Branch
Johnny Knox

NO!!!! You that desperate at WR? Is Manningham available? Earl Bennett?
I have same dilemma. He is my 6th RB and took him on last round on a flyer but also because I have THomas Jones as my 3rd back. I may hold on to him for another few weeks and see how it plays out. I might suggest you do the same unless you have a critical need elsewhere.
Well, I did it. I dropped Greene for Nate Washington. I just felt much more secure at RB than WR. It's a non PPR league where you start 3 WRs 2 RBs and 1 flex (usually a RB for me). And this is who I had:

WR

Wayne
Ocho
Crayton
Avery

RB

Gore
Rice
Benson
Ward
McGahee
Greene
Taylor

Should I have dropped Fred Taylor instead?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Well, I did it. I dropped Greene for Nate Washington. I just felt much more secure at RB than WR. It's a non PPR league where you start 3 WRs 2 RBs and 1 flex (usually a RB for me). And this is who I had:

WR

Wayne
Ocho
Crayton
Avery

RB

Gore
Rice
Benson
Ward
McGahee
Greene
Taylor

Should I have dropped Fred Taylor instead?

i say no to fred. greene will probably still be available when you need him, taylor would probably have been picked up.
Share 49ersWebzone