Luck
Foles
Brady

He's not a QB 1

Wtf is this s**t
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
In a PPR league who do I bench so I can start Patterson at the Rams?

Sanders vs IND (becomes Welker with Wes out?)
Floyd vs SD
Allen vs ARZ

Or do I keep him on the bench? He was one of my keepers

I would bench Allen, cards have good corners. I'm big on Patterson this year think the dude is gunna blow up.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Cutler is a solid QB1 in a 12 team league, he is not an ideal option but there are worse QBs out there. I ended up with Cutler as my QB1 because my league OVERVALUED QBs like crazy this year, I grabbed him in the 9th round and I was the last owner to get a starting QB. He is in a pass happy offense, with one of the best WR duos in the league. IF he can stay healthy I think he will have a great year, that is a big IF though.

Peyton
Rodgers
Brees
Cam
Kap
DangeRuss
Romo
Stafford
Ryan
Luck
Foles
Brady

He's not a QB 1

You could easily make a case to put him in the Top 12, a lot of those mid-tier QBs have practically the same fantasy value. I agree that he is a low-end QB1/high end QB2. In my situation guys like Ryan, Romo, Foles, Wilson were going in the 5th-6th rounds...I would take Cutler in the 9th over those guys in the 5th-6th any day. I definitely did not anticipate grabbing Cutler, but I am okay with him going into the season.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
You could easily make a case to put him in the Top 12, a lot of those mid-tier QBs have practically the same fantasy value. I agree that he is a low-end QB1/high end QB2. In my situation guys like Ryan, Romo, Foles, Wilson were going in the 5th-6th rounds...I would take Cutler in the 9th over those guys in the 5th-6th any day. I definitely did not anticipate grabbing Cutler, but I am okay with him going into the season.

He's a high risk play. Who is your other QB?
  • Tman
  • Veteran
So here is a sit/start question I'm kinda torn on

PPR scoring

Crabs vs the cowboys

Or

Roddy white vs the saints

I know the cowboys D was historically bad last year but considering crabs is hurt again and we are not completely sure what the offense is going to look like. Who would you start?

He's a high risk play. Who is your other QB?
Ryan Tannehill (11th round)

Yeah I agree he is a risky QB1. I would not advise anyone to target Cutler, but if you decide to wait on a QB and you end up with Cutler then you're not completely screwed at the position IMO. Before he got hurt last year he was a very solid QB, but his health is a main concern and why he is risky. But for a 9th round pick he has a lot of potential upside if he stays healthy and builds upon his performance from last season. Could be a great late round steal.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Yeah I agree he is a risky QB1. I would not advise anyone to target Cutler, but if you decide to wait on a QB and you end up with Cutler then you're not completely screwed at the position IMO. Before he got hurt last year he was a very solid QB, but his health is a main concern and why he is risky. But for a 9th round pick he has a lot of potential upside if he stays healthy and builds upon his performance from last season. Could be a great late round steal.

Sounds like you had opportunities to draft someone better but you didn't... Now if the rest of your team is stacked, then a risky QB option could be a great play.
Originally posted by Tman:
So here is a sit/start question I'm kinda torn on

PPR scoring

Crabs vs the cowboys

Or

Roddy white vs the saints

I know the cowboys D was historically bad last year but considering crabs is hurt again and we are not completely sure what the offense is going to look like. Who would you start?
As long as Crab starts, then I would go with him over Roddy week 1.

Sounds like you had opportunities to draft someone better but you didn't... Now if the rest of your team is stacked, then a risky QB option could be a great play.
It's just that the other mid-tier QBs were going several rounds earlier and I wasnt willing to pay a 5th or 6th round pick for them. If Cutler stays healthy I bet his fantasy stats compared to Romo, Ryan, Wilson, Foles, Kap will be very similar. Why overpay for the same production? Now, if he gets hurt then this strategy backfires but any of those other QBs carry risks themselves. The Top-tier guys (Manning, Brees, Rodgers) went in the first 2 rounds then guys like Stafford, Newton, Luck went shortly after. I was going for draft value.

Most mocks I did I was able to get guys like Kap, Romo, Ryan in the 8th-9th rounds easily. My league just places an extreme amount of value to QBs.

Here is my team ( I had the 10th pick in th draft which played into the strategy I used as well)
QB- Jay Cutler
RB- Zac Stacy
RB- Ben Tate
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Dez Bryant
TE- Zac Ertz
FLEX- Keenan Allen
K- Walsh
DEF- New York Jets (streaming)

Bench:
Mark Ingram
Marques Colston
Bernard Pierce
Joique Bell
Danny Woodhead
Ryan Tannehill
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Sep 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
It's just that the other mid-tier QBs were going several rounds earlier and I wasnt willing to pay a 5th or 6th round pick for them. If Cutler stays healthy I bet his fantasy stats compared to Romo, Ryan, Wilson, Foles, Kap will be very similar. Why overpay for the same production? Now, if he gets hurt then this strategy backfires but any of those other QBs carry risks themselves. The Top-tier guys (Manning, Brees, Rodgers) went in the first 2 rounds then guys like Stafford, Newton, Luck went shortly after. I was going for draft value.

Most mocks I did I was able to get guys like Kap, Romo, Ryan in the 8th-9th rounds easily. My league just places an extreme amount of value to QBs.

Here is my team ( I had the 10th pick in th draft which played into the strategy I used as well)
QB- Jay Cutler
RB- Zac Stacy
RB- Ben Tate
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Dez Bryant
TE- Zac Ertz
FLEX- Keenan Allen
K- Walsh

Bench:
Mark Ingram
Marques Colston
Bernard Pierce
Joique Bell
Danny Woodhead
Ryan Tannehill

I had a similar strategy in one of my leagues, auction draft. I really liked depth at RB this year and felt like most teams now are using a RBBC... So I would do the same. Invested heavily in WR and TE and stacked up bargain RBs. I was lucky in that Cam fell to me for $9 late.

Cam
Tate
Stacy
Dez
AJ
Gronk
Richardson
Houston
Denver K

Ryan Mathews
Decker
Wayne
Hunter
T West
Cooks
And Andre Williams

Only 10 teams but same principle. When did Brady get picked? He seems like the ideal guy for your strategy.
[ Edited by Garcia on Sep 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM ]

QB- Jay Cutler
RB- Zac Stacy
RB- Ben Tate
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Dez Bryant
TE- Zac Ertz
FLEX- Keenan Allen
K- Walsh

Bench:
Mark Ingram
Marques Colston
Bernard Pierce
Joique Bell
Danny Woodhead
Ryan Tannehill

I had a similar strategy in one of my leagues, auction draft. I really liked depth at RB this year and felt like most teams now are using a RBBC... So I would do the same. Invested heavily in WR and TE and stacked up bargain RBs. I was lucky in that Cam fell to me for $9 late.

Cam
Tate
Stacy
Dez
AJ
Gronk
Richardson
Houston
Denver K

Ryan Mathews
Decker
Wayne
Hunter
T West
Cooks
And Andre Williams

Only 10 teams but same principle. When did Brady get picked? He seems like the ideal guy for your strategy.
I like your team

Brady went somewhere around the 4th-6th rounds too. I had a chance to grab Gronk in the 3rd but since I went WR/WR I really needed to grab an RB. I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me later.
Should I take this trade? 12-team standard.

Eddie Lacy
Emmanuel Sanders
Rashad Jennings

for

Andre Ellington
Demaryius Thomas
Markus Wheaton

My Team:

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Montee Ball
RB: Andre Ellington
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Corderrelle Patterson
TE: Kyle Rudolph
Flex: Toby Gerhart
D/ST: Texans (just streaming defenses)
K: Blair Walsh

B: Ray Rice
B: Carlos Hyde
B: Brandin Cooks
B: Kelvin Benjamin
B: Markus Wheaton
B: Ronnie Hillman
B: Charles Clay
Originally posted by drake49er:
Should I take this trade? 12-team standard.

Eddie Lacy
Emmanuel Sanders
Rashad Jennings

for

Andre Ellington
Demaryius Thomas
Markus Wheaton

My Team:

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Montee Ball
RB: Andre Ellington
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Corderrelle Patterson
TE: Kyle Rudolph
Flex: Toby Gerhart
D/ST: Texans (just streaming defenses)
K: Blair Walsh

B: Ray Rice
B: Carlos Hyde
B: Brandin Cooks
B: Kelvin Benjamin
B: Markus Wheaton
B: Ronnie Hillman
B: Charles Clay

On paper, it's a good trade and I think you would win it easily. My only concern is it that it would hurt your WRs. Patterson would have to live up to the hype to be considered a WR1, and Sanders has good value for the first few weeks but what will his role be when Welker comes back? I guess it depends on if you think Patterson will become a top 12 fantasy WR this season, which is possible. You could do this trade then try to trade off some RB depth for WRs. You could probably get a decent return for Ball or Ellington and even Rice when he comes back.

I would do it, anytime you can get a potential Top 5 RB it is probably worth doing. But you will need to make adjustments down the road.
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Sep 4, 2014 at 1:27 PM ]
Do I start Ben Tate vs Pit. or J. Bell(RB from the lions) vs NYG
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Do I start Ben Tate vs Pit. or J. Bell(RB from the lions) vs NYG

Tate, he is going to carry the majority of the carries, no timeshare in Cleveland.
Share 49ersWebzone