LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 184 users in the forums

Steven Jackson or Frank Gore

Steven Jackson or Frank Gore

If both are still on the board....WHO do you choose?
Gore, only because I don't see the Rams being in contention in many games in the 4th, which will take away some of Steven's carries
Originally posted by Conejo:
Gore, only because I don't see the Rams being in contention in many games in the 4th, which will take away some of Steven's carries

True man. The thing is...Frank never had at least a 10+ TD season....and the new Rams coach is all about pounding the ball and playing hard defense like the Giants style. Brandon Jacobs did pretty well in that style of offense....plus S-Jax can catch too
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Frank Gore, its just more fun and we play fantasy football to have fun.
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by Conejo:

True man. The thing is...Frank never had at least a 10+ TD season....and the new Rams coach is all about pounding the ball and playing hard defense like the Giants style. Brandon Jacobs did pretty well in that style of offense....plus S-Jax can catch too

besides the bold highlight, everything else could be said about our team
  • G_Rus
  • Info N/A
I drafted Jackson above Gore last season.... regretted it the entire season. Plus Jackson is hurt alot. Gore started last season on fire but slowed down. But honestly i would choose gore merely for rooting for him during games. Im just not sure how much Coffee will hurt Gore's numbers
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I would take Steven Jackson personally. Even while missing 3 (4 really) more games than Frank Steve Jax had more rushing yards Receiving yards and same amount of TD's.

Both teams are talking about using these backs even more. I think Jackson is more talented than Gore. Though both are talented.

Jackson has missed more games than Gore over the past 2 seasons. If you are a guy who doesn't draft well and know how to add depth then maybe you should go Gore. As the injury concern is the ONLY reason you should even consider Gore over Jackson. Homerism isn't a real reason.
Is this a PPR league? If so then I'd go with Steven Jackson. He'll have more touchdowns and receptions.
Originally posted by krizay:
I would take Steven Jackson personally. Even while missing 3 (4 really) more games than Frank Steve Jax had more rushing yards Receiving yards and same amount of TD's.

Both teams are talking about using these backs even more. I think Jackson is more talented than Gore. Though both are talented.

Jackson has missed more games than Gore over the past 2 seasons. If you are a guy who doesn't draft well and know how to add depth then maybe you should go Gore. As the injury concern is the ONLY reason you should even consider Gore over Jackson. Homerism isn't a real reason.

Gore gives you consisant points every week. Jackson is the better fantasy back but due to his injury concerns/ crappy team concerns has weeks at a time were he doesn't do sh*t for you.

There's nothing worse than drafting your number 1 back watching them do nothing for 4 weeks straight then when you finally bench him he blows up for 160 and 3. I tend to pick guys that I can rely on week in and week out so Gore's higher on my list.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jul 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM ]

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Gore gives you consisant points every week. Jackson is the better fantasy back but due to his injury concerns/ crappy team concerns has weeks at a time were he doesn't do sh*t for you.

There's nothing worse than drafting your number 1 back watching them do nothing for 4 weeks straight then when you finally bench him he blows up for 160 and 3. I tend to pick guys that I can rely on week in and week out so Gore's higher on my list.

Wow!

3/11 Steve Jax finished with less than 10 points

5/14 Frank finished under 10 points

3/11 Steve jax finished with more than 20. With 2 of those being 30+ point games
3/14 Frank finished with more than 20 points.

So another words Steve Jax scored more than 10 points in 72% of his games. Compared to only 64% for Gore. That with SteveJax having a bigger BOOM and Gore having the bigger BUSTS.

Again Jackson's injuries are the ONLY real reason to even consider Gore over him.
i got to go with gore this year steven jackson gets injured too much and now their best OT is gone he will get injured/not produce this year
@ asking this question on a Niners board and expecting an unbiased verdict.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Tough call, but you have to go w/ Gore only because of the system he is in. Raye is gonna finally give Gore the carries he deserves.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Wow!

3/11 Steve Jax finished with less than 10 points

5/14 Frank finished under 10 points

3/11 Steve jax finished with more than 20. With 2 of those being 30+ point games
3/14 Frank finished with more than 20 points.

So another words Steve Jax scored more than 10 points in 72% of his games. Compared to only 64% for Gore. That with SteveJax having a bigger BOOM and Gore having the bigger BUSTS.

Again Jackson's injuries are the ONLY real reason to even consider Gore over him.

Depends on the league that you're in. In my league if you break down Jackson's numbers he had 3 games of 12 points during the fantasy regular season (weeks 1-14). If you want to call that consisant go ahead, but I'll take Gore. Frank Gore had 8 games of 12 points during that time period.

8 > 3

If you took Jackson early the past 2 years you better hope the rest of your draft was good otherwise you'd be out of the mix by week 8. Yes, injuries are the main reason why he's been unreliable and I agree with you that when healthy he's one of the best fantasy backs available.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jul 20, 2009 at 11:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone