Kelley L Cox-USA TODAY Sports

Kelley L Cox-USA TODAY Sports


Zane Beadles says ‘pep talk’ against Rams has been blown out of proportion

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:55 AM--


San Francisco 49ers guard Zane Beadles joined the Damon Bruce Show on 95.7 The Game yesterday to discuss the team as they head into their final game of the season.

There has been some talk about Beadles and his "pep talk" prior to the 49ers engineering a comeback against the Rams in Los Angeles to snap a franchise record 13-game losing streak. "I kind of feel like some guys are blowing it out of proportion," Beadles said. "Basically, it was just, 'Listen, we're down 14 right now, a little over 10 minutes left in the game. It doesn't matter what happened up until this point in the game, we've got to go out there and put our best foot forward. If we're going to go win this game, we've got to do it right now.' Guys responded, we went out there, and two nice drives later, we're in the end zone and a two-point conversion and we win the game."

Even if Beadles feels that his teammates are blowing his pep talk out of proportion, that does not necessarily mean that it is true. Obviously, the talk sparked something in his teammates because they were able to rally together and pull off a victory despite being down and on the road. As Beadles said, guys responded and that's what matters.

Just as other 49ers players have stated before him, Beadles just cares about winning football games and does not think about draft picks. "It's too hard to win in the league anyway," he said. "Our job is to go out there and play good football. We haven't done that at points this year so to be able to go out there and come away with the win, especially on the road, that's really all that matters for us."

You can listen to the entire interview on 95.7 The Game.

Beadles was a free agent pickup by the 49ers this past offseason. On March 17, he agreed to a 3-year, $11.75 million deal that will keep him with the 49ers through the 2018 season. The 6-foot-4, 305-pound lineman was drafted by the Denver Broncos out of Utah in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He was named to his first Pro Bowl in 2012, replacing New England Patriots guard Logan Mankins.



Facebook Comments



More San Francisco 49ers News



Kyle Shanahan, DeMeco Ryans rave about new 49ers CB Charvarius Ward: 'He's been better than advertised'

By Kirk Larrabee
Jun 15

It's way too early to say for sure if Charvarius Ward will be worth the three-year, $40.5 million free-agent contract the San Francisco 49ers signed him to in March, but so far they couldn't be happier with what they've seen. Ward projects to be a starting cornerback for the 49ers this year and beyond after playing his first four NFL seasons for the Kansas City Chiefs. 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan and defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans spoke at length about Ward during the team's recent State of the Franchise event and explained why they like what they've seen in his short time in the Bay Area and why they're excited to have the 26-year-old corner aboard. "The guy we've gotten to know here



NFL analyst believes 49ers' offensive line has "high-end potential"

By Rohan Chakravarthi
Jun 18

The San Francisco 49ers have faced some serious roster turnover with their offensive line, as left guard Laken Tomlinson went to the New York Jets in free agency, while center Alex Mack chose to retire after one season with the organization. In addition, right tackle Mike McGlinchey is coming off a torn quadriceps injury that sidelined him for the second half of the 2021 NFL season, although head coach Kyle Shanahan believes the Notre Dame product should be ready for training camp. Earlier this week, PFF's Mike Renner conducted his offensive line rankings for 2022 with several tiers: Minor or no weaknesses(tier 1), high floor(tier 2), high-end potential(tier 3), at



PFF's 2020 re-draft has 49ers passing on Javon Kinlaw for cornerback help

By David Bonilla
Jun 22

Fans like to play "What If," wondering what things might be like had their favorite team opted for a different choice at a pivotal moment. Fans aren't the only ones, though. Take former San Francisco 49ers safety Jaquiski Tartt, now with the Philadelphia Eagles, for instance. His missed interception of a Matthew Stafford pass intended for receiver Van Jefferson in the NFC title game might have sent the Niners back to the Super Bowl for the second time in three years. "That's a play I should make in my sleep, and I didn't make it," Tartt said after the game. "... I know that was a big play in the game, a big opportunity for me and for the team, and as a player, I just feel like I let my brothers down." Had Tartt made the play, maybe the 49ers win their sixth



Bruschi: 49ers' Trey Lance has 'most to prove' among second-year QBs

By David Bonilla
6 hrs

The quarterbacks from the 2021 draft class will be linked together and compared for a long time. Most received a significant amount of playing time during their rookie seasons. The one who did not was San Francisco 49ers quarterback Trey Lance. He started just two games and spent most of his freshman NFL season learning behind veteran Jimmy Garoppolo. The upcoming season will be different, though. Lance is slated to become the 49ers' full-time starter, with Garoppolo likely to be shipped out of Santa Clara. One ESPN analyst believes Lance has the most to prove among the 2021 first-round quarterback class that also includes Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, and Mac Jones. "He is the one that has the most to prove because you almost have to prove your


Featured

Trending News

Share 49ersWebzone