There are 224 users in the forums

General 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

Do we have a general draft thread? I didn't see one, but if there is, please lock this one up.

A lot of players skipping bowl games:
Oh look at Mr Fancy Guy here, regular player threads aren't enough, now we need an all in one thread too.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
To be a great defense (the biggest talent gap I see on the roster) you have to have difference makers at every level.

Bosa is a given, but the secondary is garbage also. Assuming the 49ers are unable to sign Earl Thomas, which is probably what's going to happen to happen, how do you address the secondary after going edge with the 1st rounder?
I know he can't declare until next yr but Grant Delpit is a savage

Originally posted by FL9er:
To be a great defense (the biggest talent gap I see on the roster) you have to have difference makers at every level.

Bosa is a given, but the secondary is garbage also. Assuming the 49ers are unable to sign Earl Thomas, which is probably what's going to happen to happen, how do you address the secondary after going edge with the 1st rounder?

You need proper coaching. Guys like spoon and Moore have the size/talent/IQ to be good CBs...I'd bet money if they were in Seattle they'd be playing better.

Also having a good pass rush helps the secondary.

Fix the pass rush with Bosa and an ER in FA, hope that Colbert can bounce back, that Moore can develop into something worthwhile, draft another CB or sign one via FA. I think improving the pass rush will greatly improve the defense. Coaching is also an issue. Could be time to move on from the secondary coach, I mean look at what Kris Richard did for that Dallas secondary.

I'm actually kind of curious as to what Witherspoon might look like with some better coaching and an actual pass rush but they should definitely plan on adding one more potential starter quality CB.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Fix the pass rush with Bosa and an ER in FA, hope that Colbert can bounce back, that Moore can develop into something worthwhile, draft another CB or sign one via FA. I think improving the pass rush will greatly improve the defense. Coaching is also an issue. Could be time to move on from the secondary coach, I mean look at what Kris Richard did for that Dallas secondary.

I'm actually kind of curious as to what Witherspoon might look like with some better coaching and an actual pass rush but they should definitely plan on adding one more potential starter quality CB.

Truthfully it is brick by brick, but we have to pick great bricks lol

We need a 2019 FA thread.
Are there any LB and Secodnary folks worth snagging? We have to make every lick count this year. I'd argue 3 out of 5 needs to start and or play a ton.

Depending on where we pick, who's available, and who we sign in FA, no reason we cannot improve the defense. All very logical, but fans forget this lol

Even then I'm sure plenty of talent to be added in 2020 as well. We were the worst roster when they took over. They missed pretty bad at the top of 2017 draft so that hurt, but last year was better. If they don't do well this round tall of them not being the right guys will intensify for sure.

Also we need to stay healthy lol
This class doesn't look strong in theory cause of a lack of top tier qbs, but this is the perfect draft for us. I don't think if we don't get Bosa it will be an automatic failure, there are plenty of first round passrushers that are pretty darn good. I haven't looked into any corners yet but I usually get to them once there are more film on them during draft season, but the top guy is Greedy right?

I also wouldn't rule out Jonah Williams. Staley has looked meh for a lot of this season and who knows how much he has left in the tank. Williams would be a solid bookend to MM and we can get our tackles settled for the next decade. I know people would get pissed about this and I don't think it's likely, but be prepared for this pick.

As for offense, we need more receiving weapons and still need a big back. Pettis is showing flashes but he was never meant to be a no. 1 guy. Goodwin is talented but is always out. Garcon is old and is starting to show it. The rest of the squad is a huge meh.

Looked at as a mid 1st rd talent

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I know he can't declare until next yr but Grant Delpit is a savage

Del Pit of Misery. Dilly dilly
So after tha Foster F-up I dont see us drafting anyone with a red flag issue ...
It will be interesting if they go pass rush and then secondary or pass rush and offense with the first two picks. I've been thinking about both scenarios
Collin Johnson please
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Looked at as a mid 1st rd talent

Its him, Williams, Little and Risner as the top tackles in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone