LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Lavert Hill, CB MICHIGAN

"Michigan Football might have best corner duo in the country"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/gbmwolverine.com/2018/06/08/michigan-football-might-best-corner-duo-country/amp/

"The 5-foot-11, 187-pound Long had a 17.6 passer rating when targeted, the lowest in the country, according to PFF. Of the 22 targets he defended against in Big Ten play, only nine ended up as catches. Two resulted in interceptions, while four were broken up."

"Hill, of Detroit, had 25 tackles (5 for a loss), two interceptions and seven pass breakups. Long, from Los Angeles, had 21 tackles (1 1/2 for a loss), two interceptions and six pass breakups."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2018/02/michigans_lavert_hill_david_lo_1.amp
"Michigan's Lavert Hill, David Long rise to top CB duo status nationally"

Get ready nfl. Next year they are gone for sure.
"Man up"
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 23, 2018 at 7:19 PM ]
"Lavert Hill named to watch list for nation's top defensive back"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Michigan-footballs-Lavert-Hill-named-to-watch-list-for-Jim-Thorpe-Award-as-the-nations-top-defensive-back-120026436/Amp/
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

I'll take Greedy for 500 please

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 7, 2018 at 4:28 AM ]

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 7, 2018 at 4:36 AM ]

Man-zone whatever you want... Why settle for less than the best?!?! 🏝

"Reads Qb's 👀, And not afraid to leave his man for the ball." All natural, not bad for his first year eh?

"Qb's would have a higher passer rating spiking the ball into the grounnd than targeting Long and Hill in coverage"

Don't do that! We need int's!!! In the most competitive conference.. 5 Big Ten teams ranked in the top 15.. Context.

Ridiculous..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 7, 2018 at 7:14 AM ]

I forgot another category.. Michigan has two 🏝 🏖

Hopefully my niners take notice per pff, you want the best defense or what 👀. Next year's draft is going to be off the meter with defensive players.

1) Coverage skills✅
2) Man ✅
3) Zone ✅
4) Tackling ✅
5) Ball Hawk tendencies ✅
6) Competition ✅
7) Reads Qb's eyes ✅
8) Attacks the ball ✅
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 7, 2018 at 7:21 AM ]

Started watching DBs and looking for some mid round guys like Hill. He should be around in the 3rd or 4th but if he doesn't get hands on at the line bad things await.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Started watching DBs and looking for some mid round guys like Hill. He should be around in the 3rd or 4th but if he doesn't get hands on at the line bad things await.

There's nothing like Don Browns defense. We don't have the #1 pass defense for no reason..

Michigan secondary plays man to man. That's alot to ask for.. Dig deeper..

Michigan plays man 95% of times. They will get burned sooner or later. That's the nature of man to man and not many defenses can ask players to do that or have the stars on the team to accomplish that..

You have to understand how hard it is to play man to man 24/7....

#1 Pass Defense in the Country.. #1 Overall defense against tough competition not Kent state or LA Laffayette..

This while having the toughest schedule in college football..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Oct 18, 2018 at 10:11 AM ]

It ain't easy playing man to man and excelling in it. Our secondary is second to nobody when on the field. Every player who plays man to man will get burned from time to time but when you are good.. Not any corner can play in Don Browns defense..

Dude is a playmaker.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Oct 18, 2018 at 10:12 AM ]
Oh sorry I said something negative about a Wolverine. He's CB1 for sure.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Oh sorry I said something negative about a Wolverine. He's CB1 for sure.

Dude you are over reacting.. Stop it.. It's context..

It's the truth.. I say s**t not so you can believe me but so you can research yourself...

Research Don Browns defense... It's demanding of it's players.. I'm sorry you didn't like the answer???

Get a grip..

"Be critical of the old guy" They play man to man 95% of plays. It's going to happen. I'm trying to help ya understand this defense. Michigan doesn't play zone..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Oct 18, 2018 at 11:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone