LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Adonis Alexander, DB, Va. Tech

• krizay
  • Veteran
During my initial rounds of players i wrote diwn some notes and i keep seeing Adonis Alexander in my notes but havent heard crap about him.

He in this draft? He still alive? What's his deal?
Originally posted by krizay:
During my initial rounds of players i wrote diwn some notes and i keep seeing Adonis Alexander in my notes but havent heard crap about him.

He in this draft? He still alive? What's his deal?

He's in the draft. Late round guy.
First round name.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
First round name.

Initials are a reminder of a crappy time of my life
Underrated. Good scheme fit
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Dillesq:
First round name.

Initials are a reminder of a crappy time of my life

Well my friend i hope that crappy time is over and you can now enjoy our 49ers return to glory in a state stability and happiness.
I like this guy. Stood out when I was looking at tremaine edmunds film.
I have no idea. But he doesnt seem to be that highly rated. One comment on Twitter:

"Great tackler, but terrible in coverage, and not much quickness. Watched him in person his whole time at VT at the games."

Maybe put a late pick down?
Here's his pro-day numbers...outside of the broad jump (which was okay) those numbers overall are

▪ Size: 6-2, 195
▪ Vertical jump: 35 1/2 inches
▪ Broad jump: 10 feet, 4 inches
▪ Bench press: nine repetitions of 225 pounds
▪ 40-yard dash: 4.61 seconds
▪ Short shuttle: 4.39 seconds
▪ Three-cone drill: 7.18 seconds

If they want to throw a 7th rd pick sure lol. Rather much have Beal
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 21, 2018 at 6:27 AM ]
I think we should pass.

Its possible we offer a late pick for Adonis, but I think it's more likely we hope he goes undrafted and we try to sign him. If I had to guess I'd say a team uses a 6th on him.

Had Alexander ran a little faster he'd be going much sooner. He's got early round talent, but the speed will scare most teams away.

Beal should go pretty early. He'll be in the 2nd-3rd round range. He probably wouldn't have made it out of the 2nd if he was in this draft class. I'm guessing a team uses a 3rd on him.
Originally posted by strickac:
Its possible we offer a late pick for Adonis, but I think it's more likely we hope he goes undrafted and we try to sign him. If I had to guess I'd say a team uses a 6th on him.

Had Alexander ran a little faster he'd be going much sooner. He's got early round talent, but the speed will scare most teams away.

Beal should go pretty early. He'll be in the 2nd-3rd round range. He probably wouldn't have made it out of the 2nd if he was in this draft class. I'm guessing a team uses a 3rd on him.

Personally I prefer Beal over Alexander because he's better suited on Saleh's scheme but has advantage on his intangibles instead of Hokie prospect.
Originally posted by strickac:

Just about the only things I guessed right this offseason. Only got one (Warner) right in my mock. Big advocate of the Jet signing, so thrilled that went down.

Had we not went heavy on DBs this offseason I think we would've be in the Beal/Adonis market.
Share 49ersWebzone