LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 117 users in the forums

Josh Allen OLB/ILB/DE Kentucky

Josh Allen, ILB/OLB, Kentucky
Height: 6-5. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2018): 1-2.
10/21/17: Allen has been one of the leading defenders in sacks in the early going of the 2017 season. The junior is one of the nation's leaders with 6.5 sacks. He also has 35 tackles with 7.5 tackles for a loss, two forced fumbles and a pass batted. Allen produced well as a sophomore in 2016 with 62 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a loss, seven sacks and four forced fumbles.

One national scout compared Allen to Leonard Floyd coming out of Georgia with Allen's ability to rush off the edge. That scout said Allen isn't as freaky of an athlete as Floyd was, and Allen is not a top-10 pick, but he did grade Allen as a first-rounder.

Another director of college scouting said he gave Allen a high second-round grade, but thought Allen could definitely end up going in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft. That director said Allen was an interesting player because he also can play inside linebacker, whereas Floyd was just an outside edge defender. That college director said as an inside linebacker, Allen has similarities to current Texans linebacker Zach Cunningham in terms of his height, speed, length, and athleticism in the middle.

Nice looking prospect, definitely needs to bulk up more but seems to fly to the ball, nice rushing ability from the edge also..
Boy needs to use his seemingly long arms more. Does a good job attacking one side of a lineman and I like his backside contain discipline. But his spin move seems to be in slow motion and will get eaten alive by a good lineman. He has a good motor that's undeniable.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Boy needs to use his seemingly long arms more. Does a good job attacking one side of a lineman and I like his backside contain discipline. But his spin move seems to be in slow motion and will get eaten alive by a good lineman. He has a good motor that's undeniable.

Yeah I agree, he has a lot to learn but it's all teachable, he's a younging still, I think he comes out tho bc of playing at Kentucky..
He's an intriguing prospect that I think could do well at SAM or potentially Leo. I like his motor and quickness, he does a great job chasing down plays that get behind him or to the other side of the field. He doesn't always show the greatest technique but tends to wear down linemen due to his relentlessness, also an outstanding blitzer. One of the major questions about him was his size but he looks to have added quite a bit of weight without sacrificing much if any of his explosiveness. He has started off the season with a bang, having a huge game against Central Michigan.

Kentucky overall is worth watching this season, quite a bit of NFL level talent on that defense and Allen is the headliner.
Love this kid so far
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/189562-josh-allen-olb-ilb-kentucky/search=Josh%20Allen
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/189562-josh-allen-olb-ilb-kentucky/search=Josh Allen

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/189562-josh-allen-olb-ilb-kentucky/search=Josh Allen

Lol I was just saying didn't I make a thread about this kid last season, big season for him to solidify being a 1st rounder tho, he's the only reason to watch a Kentucky game, and their TE too is a nice prospect..
Uhh guys... I think he plays Quarterback for the Bills now. Not sure they would trade him to us :/
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Uhh guys... I think he plays Quarterback for the Bills now. Not sure they would trade him to us :/

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Lol
Allen is killing it so far this season.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/09/08/kentucky-florida-streak-josh-allen-nfl-draft/

The only players worth watching at Kentucky are Bowden Jr. and Snell. I smell bust potential from Allen regardless of his performance this past weekend.
[ Edited by strickac on Sep 10, 2018 at 3:24 AM ]
Me like.
Share 49ersWebzone