LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Why the 49ers should – and will – move to Los Angeles

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First off, let me state the obvious: the 49ers will not win more than 4 games this season. Based on what we all saw last Sunday and the ensuing meltdown, it's obvious that this team has deep-rooted problems that can't be solved with a wristband or a Mike Singletary pep talk. This is going to be worse than 2007, and potentially worse than 2004.

Now I know that the stadium vote passing in June was a victory for the organization. But remember, that was just the first in a long and arduous process of getting a stadium built, a process that can - and, in my opinion, will - fall apart at any time. The reasons are endless.

- The bonds that will be sold are BBB-rated, one step above junk status.
- We're going to have to rely on money from the NFL, and the way the CBA negotiations are going right now, it seems unlikely that the league will be able to provide us with any money.
- In a down economy like this, no company is going to want to risk losing money on a stadium that may never get built.
- To make matters worse, no company is going to want to finance a loser, which, as I said before, is what we will be when the season is over.

Now I know you may trot out the arguments about how Jed York is ZOMG SO SMART or about how we've got all these new sponsorships. But sponsorships don't mean anything; every team has official sponsors. Furthermore, if you listen to any of Jed York's interviews, he provides no actual facts about the stadium or its progress. He trots out a bunch of vag equivocations about how “markets are opening up” or “rates are going down”, but provides no details, which leads me to believe that he's just trying to spin the situation in a good way.

Here's what I think will happen. The Santa Clara stadium will fail for the reasons I listed above. By that time, the Hunter's Point project will have moved on without us. The Raiders will not want to share the Santa Clara stadium as sharing with the 49ers will be too tough a pill to swallow for Al Davis. Sure, both teams are saying they're open to sharing a stadium, but it's just lip service. Al Davis will want a stadium all to himself in Oakland. By that time, our only alternative will be to either stay at the Stick or move to LA.

Why do I think the team should move to LA? It needs a new identity. If that means the Yorks selling (which I think they'll be forced to do), so be it. LA is the nation's second largest market and NEEDS an NFL team. Can you imagine what it'll be like? A brand new, state-of-the-art stadium in the heart of Tinseltown. Just imagine Jack Nicholson and Kobe Bryant sitting in the luxury suites. Plus, if one of our guys starts dating a Kardashian, you KNOW that means we'll be winning a ring.

I know you guys don't like it. But it's what's going to end up happening.
GTFO of here with that BS..
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
AND...............Here we go lol.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Aren't we building a new stadium in Santa Clara?
gimme a f**king break
where are the facepalm GIFs.
anyone?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
GTFO of here with that BS..
Wow, just wow. Out of all the BS posts made this week, this one takes the cake.

Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

LOL! Why does he take off his shirt. LOL!

[ Edited by luis1985 on Sep 18, 2010 at 23:10:08 ]
Ban. f**king ban.
f**k la.
You seriously care if our players date a Kardashian and want Jack Nickelson sitting in the luxury box? You want Kobe at our games? Seriously dude? You sound like you don't even give a s**t about the team and you dont give a s**t about the tradition, you just a laker fan bandwagoner who cares more about external stars than actually watching the game or understanding the game. GTFO here with that BS.

For the record, this team does NOT need a new identity. THE PROBLEM HERE IS MORONS DECIDED WE DID, AND DECIDED DITCHING THE WCO WAS A GOOD IDEA AND WE SHOULD BE A DEFENSE FIRST TEAM AND THAT OUR HISTORY DOESN'T MATTER. SO GTFO HERE WITH THAT GARBAGE. ALL THIS TEAM NEEDS IS TO BRING BACK AN OFFENSIVE MINDED COACH AND TO BRING BACK THE WCO AND GET BACK TO ITS ROOTS.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone