LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Is There a TRADE to be made???

I know teams in this league don't make alot of trades but...We have ALOT of draft picks next April .... Could use a pass rushing OLB! No?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Put some options out there who may be available? We have roughly 3.0 million in cap space. We'd be restricted to someone making that amount or less. Or we'd have to restructure deals to accomodate this addition.

I cant think of a single OLB who would be worth giving up draft picks with a price tag that low that would positively affect us.
I would trade for Constanzo. Seriously, give them a 5th rounder or Jacobs. We need him back to solidify the special teams.
Originally posted by sfout:
Put some options out there who may be available? We have roughly 3.0 million in cap space. We'd be restricted to someone making that amount or less. Or we'd have to restructure deals to accomodate this addition.

I cant think of a single OLB who would be worth giving up draft picks with a price tag that low that would positively affect us.

this
Hasn't the deadline passed? I would still trade a bunch of those picks though.. just on draft day. If they see a guy they want it's time to pull the trigger.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I would trade for Constanzo. Seriously, give them a 5th rounder or Jacobs. We need him back to solidify the special teams.

please please please please please
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AUniner:
Hasn't the deadline passed? I would still trade a bunch of those picks though.. just on draft day. If they see a guy they want it's time to pull the trigger.

no they passed the new deadline earlier in the season. It is now week 8 instead of week 6, but IMHO thats still too soon. Needs to be week 10 or even 12.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Every year..

I wish
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Every year..

I wish

well we do have a lot of picks this year...

The NFL's trade deadline is the worst of any major sport.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Oct 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM ]
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
The NFL's trade deadline is the worst of any major sport.

This
Don't know a lot about other sports, but in european football the trade-deadline is more restrictive.

Yes, we are thin at OLB but going our starting pass-rushers are good enough to keep them in terms of NOT getting another starting olb. Either we go for a guy on a position where we need a starter NOW, even we are stacked at this position or we keep the things happen and the worst outcome is a mediocre season with a good draft position.
We need our draft picks b/c a)some of our guys won't get younger and b)some of our guys have to be replaced due to salary cap issues.
No, there is no one there that woudl be worth it, is this just for depth? We got enough picks sittin and not being used or inactive. Save the picks. We have a lot of FA's next year and may need to use the draft to fill some of them or at least use them to move up. Saftey, MLB, and DT are all FA and we won't be able to sighn all of them. Plus we will need not only players but depth at the positions plus players who can play ST.
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
I know teams in this league don't make alot of trades but...We have ALOT of draft picks next April .... Could use a pass rushing OLB! No?

LMAO. Are you serious? Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks don't suffice?
Share 49ersWebzone