LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Dem Boys are coming

They were backstage at the Dynamite in VA, but must of been visiting friends, or maybe hammering out a deal, hope to see Dem Boys in AEW soon.
Originally posted by pdc20:
If Adam Cole was in the "big leagues", he would be the manager of Bearcat Lee. Oh excuse me, Keith Lee has been released.
Adam Cole is a smart man, he knew what he was doing when he signed with AEW. He´s over as f**k, can have great matchs every weeks and will most certainly have a big push in 2022 specially with the feud with Omega.

Right lol, I can see after the Bryan Danielson feud for Hangman, maybe Cole gets a chance, which may make Omega upset once he's back, if they do go in the direction of Omega/Cole, since it seems that way, just wonder where The Bucks fit in, who do they side with?

And yes Cole is over huge, everyone in the crowd does the ADAM COLE BAYBAY, and BOOM when Cole does them. He's a natural heel who gets cheered no matter what he does, some guys will get cheered no matter what, kind of crazy how fans in every arena since Full Gear have booed Danielson.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If Adam Cole was in the "big leagues", he would be the manager of Bearcat Lee. Oh excuse me, Keith Lee has been released.
Adam Cole is a smart man, he knew what he was doing when he signed with AEW. He´s over as f**k, can have great matchs every weeks and will most certainly have a big push in 2022 specially with the feud with Omega.

Right lol, I can see after the Bryan Danielson feud for Hangman, maybe Cole gets a chance, which may make Omega upset once he's back, if they do go in the direction of Omega/Cole, since it seems that way, just wonder where The Bucks fit in, who do they side with?

And yes Cole is over huge, everyone in the crowd does the ADAM COLE BAYBAY, and BOOM when Cole does them. He's a natural heel who gets cheered no matter what he does, some guys will get cheered no matter what, kind of crazy how fans in every arena since Full Gear have booed Danielson.

I do it in my house every time idgaf.
''FFVII IS OVERRATED''
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Adam Cole is just cool and the crowd loves the Baybay and boom thing. I still think they would boo him to oblivion if he was against someone like Hangman just like Danielson is.
The question I have for Cole is how you position him long term. Is he gonna be your top heel, the arch-nemesis of Hangman? Is he a top babyface? He can be great in both roles. He has everything from natural charisma, mic work and in ring. And he´s handsome too. What a massive signing that was for AEW.
As for Danielson, I still think his "heel turn" is temporary. He´s still coming from the face tunnel. It´s just a way for AEW to put over massively Hangman and making sure he has the crowd behind him. This Hangman/Danielson ´s feud is about the title but respect too. It´s a little bit like the CM Punk/Eddie Kingston´s one.
I´m also really intrigued by what direction they will take with the Malakai/Pac feud. Is Pac really the first one to join the house of Black? I think Pac is at his best as a tweener badass and I don´t want him as an "enforcer" for Malakai. I want him to feud with him. Pac is too good to be on that type of role. He should be in a big big spot. I´m a massive fan of his work. The guy just sold his eyepatch thing by missing a springboard move for god´s sake.^^
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
But after last night, it looks like it's finally happening.

Someone on reddit said that this has been a slow turn for him to be like a Homelander character. He will just be a narcissistic a*****e who thinks that he's a face and the fans love him.

The golden shovel also helps prove that.

If Cody is really on this homelander thing, he´s a massive fool. Homelander was always a f**king heel for the readers because you knew that he was a piece of s**t. In the context of the story, yes the people thought that Homelander was their saviour but because they didn´t see what he did backstage. Cody is acting like a total babyface for us, the audience. He´s fair play incarnated. He´s the old school white meat babyface. He´s his father basically. Doing a Homelander thing can´t work in the wrestling world.
Now, my theory is that Cody voluntarily or not is playing the role of the overpushed superman type babyface of WWE. He´s John Cena 2005/2015 or Roman Reigns 2014/2020. He´s the babyface that the crowd just hates yet the company keep pushing him as a top guy. But what´s the point in doing this? Turning heel because of the fans´s lack of support to be AEW champion?
The problem is that there´s almost 10 guys that are better choices as AEW champion than Cody. You could have Punk, Danielson, MJF, PAC, Adam Cole, Malakai or simply a second reign for Kenny or Mox. Even a guy like Eddie Kingston would be a way better choice. So what´s the point in having Cody being pushed and winning matchs against guys like Andrade or Malakai? He can´t challenge for the AEW title and he already won two times the TNT championship. Having guys like Punk, MJF, Pac or others winning matchs is logical because they want to win to be number one in the rankings. But Cody? That´s really one of the most fascinating topics for 2022. What AEW will do with Cody?
God bless Cody because he´s a really nice guy and he was vital in AEW´s creation but I fear that ultimately, his ceiling is still upper-midcarder at best just like it was in WWE.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Dec 4, 2021 at 11:40 AM ]
If Cody is really on this homelander thing, he´s a massive fool. Homelander was always a f**king heel for the readers because you knew that he was a piece of s**t. In the context of the story, yes the people thought that Homelander was their saviour but because they didn´t see what he did backstage. Cody is acting like a total babyface for us, the audience. He´s fair play incarnated. He´s the old school white meat babyface. He´s his father basically. Doing a Homelander thing can´t work in the wrestling world.
Now, my theory is that Cody voluntarily or not is playing the role of the overpushed superman type babyface of WWE. He´s John Cena 2005/2015 or Roman Reigns 2014/2020. He´s the babyface that the crowd just hates yet the company keep pushing him as a top guy. But what´s the point in doing this? Turning heel because of the fans´s lack of support to be AEW champion?
The problem is that there´s almost 10 guys that are better choices as AEW champion than Cody. You could have Punk, Danielson, MJF, PAC, Adam Cole, Malakai or simply a second reign for Kenny or Mox. Even a guy like Eddie Kingston would be a way better choice. So what´s the point in having Cody being pushed and winning matchs against guys like Andrade or Malakai? He can´t challenge for the AEW title and he already won two times the TNT championship. Having guys like Punk, MJF, Pac or others winning matchs is logical because they want to win to be number one in the rankings. But Cody? That´s really one of the most fascinating topics for 2022. What AEW will do with Cody?
God bless Cody because he´s a really nice guy and he was vital in AEW´s creation but I fear that ultimately, his ceiling is still upper-midcarder at best just like it was in WWE.

I'd put guys like Jungle Boy, Sammy Guevara, & Darby Allin ahead of Cody being AEW champion, MJF is right, those 3 and him are the 4 pillars of AEW.

I think Cody wants to retire soon, I think anyway, he doesn't want to wrestle a lot longer.
Not sure if mentioned but Andrade & Charlotte Flair broke up, so much for her heading to AEW, or Ric, not that I'd want Ric in AEW.

Even the AEW jobbers know what they're doing.
Gigi's ass doesn't get enough attention. She is thick af.

Originally posted by JustinMT:
Gigi's ass doesn't get enough attention. She is thick af.

• evil
  • Veteran

This dude needs help with his addiction as it appears he relapsed again and was sent home a few days ago, and now released.
Ya, I saw the video of him at a house show just randomly leaving the ring and going backstage in the middle of the match.
He honestly needs to retire. I think that wrestling life is too much for him to live through and battle with addictions.
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
He looked hurt in the video. Didn't look drunk or on drugs. I know he has been wanting his release for a while. So this might have been him manipulating his own release.
Share 49ersWebzone