There are 424 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

RIP ROH
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
RIP ROH

Not dead but apparently when they start back up the plan is to use talent on PPA deals (pay per appearance).
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Hopefully Bray debuts in AEW next week
Originally posted by NONAME:
Hopefully Bray debuts in AEW next week

Do you mean Dynamite? or Full Gear? I'd think Full Gear would make more sense.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Did you see this?

They currently hold the PWG tag titles together. Can see this happening soonish since he is getting released from his ROH deal.
Originally posted by evil:

Did you see this?

They currently hold the PWG tag titles together. Can see this happening soonish since he is getting released from his ROH deal.

Wait, Black & King are PWG Tag Champs? Damn, that's cool, I like Brody King, I watched some ROH back before AEW was formed, the whole Villain Enterprises gimmick was cool.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Wait, Black & King are PWG Tag Champs? Damn, that's cool, I like Brody King, I watched some ROH back before AEW was formed, the whole Villain Enterprises gimmick was cool.

Yessir. He could be a tremendous heater for the group.

Yessir. He could be a tremendous heater for the group.

I Wiki'd them, forget their name, but damn, they look like a damn good, terrifying team, would love Brody in AEW with a group of Malakai, Brody, & Andrade vs PAC, & Lucha Bros at some point.

As fo ROH, I feel for them, I loved ROH as I said, I enjoyed the Villain Enterprises thing, but that was like last time I watched, I watched the supershow they had at MSG with NJPW, but nothing since, been AEW & NJPW for me.

Does Excalibur still run PWG? I know that's(I think) where he met the Bucks, I like how we're seeing guys work all over, I know some think it's risky, but, if they want to, it gives them more chances to win gold, make money, etc.... So why not, like FTR working AAA tapings, Omega & Bucks have, Lucha Bros do, all for collaboration.

Also looks like IMPACT/AEW relationship is over after Bound for Glory, Callis will stay with AEW, but no more Good Brothers it seems.
ROH put out a lot of good talent. Sucks to see them fold.

Just finished Rampage.

Eddie Kingston needs to get a Mick Foley push at one point.

They are very similar if you really think about it
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Yeah Eddie Kingston has this underdog/never give up/ultra charismatic thing Foley had. And he fights like it´s nineties AJPW.
The problem is that the main event scene in AEW is stacked as f**k and they don´t do short titles reigns like Vince at the time.
I mean the guy against Eddie on Rampage is pretty good too.^^ Danielson is just on another planet at the moment and seems to have started the run of his life. CM Punk is still CM Punk and we´ve yet to see him have THE promo he has in him. Maybe against Eddie as soon as Wednesday (What a feud it´s gonna be by the way.)? Mox will win the title a second time at some point. Hangman is the protagonist of AEW. MJF will be champion in 2022 probably. Pac is phenomenal and charismatic as hell. Malakai Black and Miro have been homerun so far. Oh and the actual AEW Champion is probably the best wrestler in the world with Okada for the last 5 years.
So yeah, I would love for Eddie to have a Foley run but jeesus good luck with that roster.^^
  • evil
  • Veteran
I Wiki'd them, forget their name, but damn, they look like a damn good, terrifying team, would love Brody in AEW with a group of Malakai, Brody, & Andrade vs PAC, & Lucha Bros at some point.

As fo ROH, I feel for them, I loved ROH as I said, I enjoyed the Villain Enterprises thing, but that was like last time I watched, I watched the supershow they had at MSG with NJPW, but nothing since, been AEW & NJPW for me.

Does Excalibur still run PWG? I know that's(I think) where he met the Bucks, I like how we're seeing guys work all over, I know some think it's risky, but, if they want to, it gives them more chances to win gold, make money, etc.... So why not, like FTR working AAA tapings, Omega & Bucks have, Lucha Bros do, all for collaboration.

Also looks like IMPACT/AEW relationship is over after Bound for Glory, Callis will stay with AEW, but no more Good Brothers it seems.

Idk if Excalibur still runs PWG or not. But I do love seeing some of these guys and girls work indies a little still.

Originally posted by pdc20:
Yeah Eddie Kingston has this underdog/never give up/ultra charismatic thing Foley had. And he fights like it´s nineties AJPW.
The problem is that the main event scene in AEW is stacked as f**k and they don´t do short titles reigns like Vince at the time.
I mean the guy against Eddie on Rampage is pretty good too.^^ Danielson is just on another planet at the moment and seems to have started the run of his life. CM Punk is still CM Punk and we´ve yet to see him have THE promo he has in him. Maybe against Eddie as soon as Wednesday (What a feud it´s gonna be by the way.)? Mox will win the title a second time at some point. Hangman is the protagonist of AEW. MJF will be champion in 2022 probably. Pac is phenomenal and charismatic as hell. Malakai Black and Miro have been homerun so far. Oh and the actual AEW Champion is probably the best wrestler in the world with Okada for the last 5 years.
So yeah, I would love for Eddie to have a Foley run but jeesus good luck with that roster.^^

Eddie could possibly get a run with the TNT title since it's meant to change hands more frequently. Miro had like 8 defenses over 4 months and put out the best promos he has ever done. I feel like Eddie can have a similar type of run with that strap.

His match with Danielson was definitely his best AEW singles match to date. Though like you said Danielson is on what appears to be the run of his life and is having extraordinary matches with everyone.

Idk if Excalibur still runs PWG or not. But I do love seeing some of these guys and girls work indies a little still.

Originally posted by pdc20:

Eddie could possibly get a run with the TNT title since it's meant to change hands more frequently. Miro had like 8 defenses over 4 months and put out the best promos he has ever done. I feel like Eddie can have a similar type of run with that strap.

His match with Danielson was definitely his best AEW singles match to date. Though like you said Danielson is on what appears to be the run of his life and is having extraordinary matches with everyone.

I mean there's nothing wrong with a short title reign if done right. The idea is not to over use it and don't have the guys then just lose it cleanly. Like the way they did during the AE with Foley. That's a good example on how it can be done right. On top of that, it keeps the surprise factor still in it. If we already know that every AEW Champ is gonna have at least a 10+ month reign, well it makes wrestling predictable then and you never want that.

Right now though, it being a new promotion and such, you have to bring legitimacy to the title so you don't want quick title reigns. But going forward, they need to mix it up a bit at times.

And ya, BD has been really good. Hopefully Punk can start getting to that level soon. He needs to find his wrestling persona again. Punk was really popular because of his anti-hero character, not being a super baby face.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Nov 1, 2021 at 1:48 PM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I think that Hangman will not have a long title run. He´s the type of character that would work better chasing the title. That being said he´s THE guy from day one for AEW so they would want to give him a good run before losing against MJF I guess.
As for Punk, I just don´t want him to turn heel. He became a megastar as an anti-hero, anti-establishment guy. But that´s a role he can´t have in AEW because why would he resent Tony Khan? And Tony Khan is not an on-screen character either. So Punk has to find the right balance and I think that having a feud with Eddie Kingston is a really good first step. Eddie whether he´s heel or face is just Eddie. He´s pissed and he fights for every inch to win the title. He doesn´t back down from everyone. That ´s his character. And he´s a hell of a promo. Punk will need to be at his top level on the mic. I hope they give them a 10 minutes in ring segment on Dynamite because it has the potential to be the best promo of the year. It´s Eddie Kingston, the guy that never left and fights for everything against CM Punk the guy that actually left and now try to have fun in his comeback. Eddie can be the guy to ground Punk a little bit and make him understand that in AEW, the honeymoon starts and finishes the day you sign your contract.
Of course the big program for Punk that will probably be at Revolution I would guess, is against MJF. And I think that MJF will be the first guy that will beat CM Punk in AEW.
Share 49ersWebzone