LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Jesus 10 wrestlers cut from WWE including both iconics member, joe, Mickie, and others

Kinda late to the party.

My bad, just saw it, hope Royce & joe end up in AEW, Royce is married to Shawn Spears

Yes plsss!
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Jesus 10 wrestlers cut from WWE including both iconics member, joe, Mickie, and others

Kinda late to the party.

My bad, just saw it, hope Royce & joe end up in AEW, Royce is married to Shawn Spears

Yes plsss!

I think it's inevitable that she ends up in AEW, makes it easier to be with her Husband. Joe would be perfect in AEW if cleared, him vs Omega would be awesome. I wonder how many of the 10 released AEW will have interest in? Royce & Joe seem obvious, Billie Kay maybe. Doubt they'd want Mojo Rawley. I wonder where Bo Dallas lands. I heard that some of them asked around within WWE if they were gonna be released, told no, they were lied too, typical McMahon thing. He made a profit in 2020 yet cut 20+ talent, he fires Zelina Vega yet keeps her husband Aliester Black, same with Miro, keeps Lana, seems BS, if you're gonna let go of 1 of them, let go of both, so they can be together 24/7. I think Tessa Blanchard ends up in AEW, it's one of those sign me you have to sign my husband(Daga), AEW would use him better than WWE would, he'd be stuck on 205 Live.

Kinda late to the party.

Yes plsss!

I think it's inevitable that she ends up in AEW, makes it easier to be with her Husband. Joe would be perfect in AEW if cleared, him vs Omega would be awesome. I wonder how many of the 10 released AEW will have interest in? Royce & Joe seem obvious, Billie Kay maybe. Doubt they'd want Mojo Rawley. I wonder where Bo Dallas lands. I heard that some of them asked around within WWE if they were gonna be released, told no, they were lied too, typical McMahon thing. He made a profit in 2020 yet cut 20+ talent, he fires Zelina Vega yet keeps her husband Aliester Black, same with Miro, keeps Lana, seems BS, if you're gonna let go of 1 of them, let go of both, so they can be together 24/7. I think Tessa Blanchard ends up in AEW, it's one of those sign me you have to sign my husband(Daga), AEW would use him better than WWE would, he'd be stuck on 205 Live.

On the fence about Joe.
But definently the iconics. I thought they were solid talent, im really surprised Vince let them go. I wonder why. ..
  • evil
  • Veteran
On the fence about Joe.
But definently the iconics. I thought they were solid talent, im really surprised Vince let them go. I wonder why. ..

Joe ultimately depends on medicals. WWE reportedly wouldn't or still had not cleared him and he had expressed interest in returning to the ring.

Bo Dallas reportedly has been schooling for real estate and may be done with wrestling.

Kalisto is an interesting one. Super super talented in ring (see his previous work in PWG/Evolve and DGUSA under his Samuray Del Sol moniker) and has wrestled some of the AEW talent in the past, namely the Young Bucks. But AEW already has a loaded roster and not sure where he fits in.
Originally posted by evil:
On the fence about Joe.

Joe ultimately depends on medicals. WWE reportedly wouldn't or still had not cleared him and he had expressed interest in returning to the ring.

Bo Dallas reportedly has been schooling for real estate and may be done with wrestling.

Kalisto is an interesting one. Super super talented in ring (see his previous work in PWG/Evolve and DGUSA under his Samuray Del Sol moniker) and has wrestled some of the AEW talent in the past, namely the Young Bucks. But AEW already has a loaded roster and not sure where he fits in.

Ya Kalisto is good, but they got enough guys like that.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ric Flair at the Jake Paul fight overlooking a "slap fight"

lolwtf

• jrg
  • Veteran

[ Edited by jrg on Apr 19, 2021 at 2:37 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Interesting comment from reddit

For years, WWE executives from Vince, HHH, Steph, down to superstars like Austin, Taker, Cena, Orton, etc.etc. have pushed the same mantra when it comes to talent. "You have to take every opportunity you are given and make the most of it" They have preached that if you have 3 min of TV time or 3 seconds, you need to do everything you can and stand out. You may never get that opportunity again so you have to make the most of it.

Billie Kay was split from the IIconics and they gave her nothing to work with. She would get a couple seconds of backstage time and in that she was able to get the Resume gimmick over. Even if all she had that week was an entrance with Riott Squad, she made herself stand out and be entertaining. She took her opportunity and got over with fans. Her reward? She's released. I like Billie Kay, but I'm not saying she was the next Trish Stratus or Cena but she took her her small opportunity, and found a way to get over. She did exactly what WWE has been preaching to talent for decades and they still released her. I just hope this ends the b******t pretext that all talent have the chance to be successful and reveals the truth that no matter what they say, it always has and always will be a political game to be a WWE superstar.
Originally posted by jrg:

For years, WWE executives from Vince, HHH, Steph, down to superstars like Austin, Taker, Cena, Orton, etc.etc. have pushed the same mantra when it comes to talent. "You have to take every opportunity you are given and make the most of it" They have preached that if you have 3 min of TV time or 3 seconds, you need to do everything you can and stand out. You may never get that opportunity again so you have to make the most of it.

Billie Kay was split from the IIconics and they gave her nothing to work with. She would get a couple seconds of backstage time and in that she was able to get the Resume gimmick over. Even if all she had that week was an entrance with Riott Squad, she made herself stand out and be entertaining. She took her opportunity and got over with fans. Her reward? She's released. I like Billie Kay, but I'm not saying she was the next Trish Stratus or Cena but she took her her small opportunity, and found a way to get over. She did exactly what WWE has been preaching to talent for decades and they still released her. I just hope this ends the b******t pretext that all talent have the chance to be successful and reveals the truth that no matter what they say, it always has and always will be a political game to be a WWE superstar.

Vince actually hates it when wrestlers get over despite him. See: Tye Dillinger/Shawn Spears and the Ten Gimmick, Bad News Barrett (made him stop using his super over catch phrase).

He's lost it though. Tony Khan has no wrestling background, inferior production, loose storylines and still puts out a better product bc Vince can't get out of his own way and never will.
[ Edited by TheRambler on Apr 19, 2021 at 5:03 PM ]
what happened to nikki cross?

BTW, she looks good; lost a little bit of weight. She wasn't fat or anything but she is more tone now.

• NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Vince actually hates it when wrestlers get over despite him. See: Tye Dillinger/Shawn Spears and the Ten Gimmick, Bad News Barrett (made him stop using his super over catch phrase).

He's lost it though. Tony Khan has no wrestling background, inferior production, loose storylines and still puts out a better product bc Vince can't get out of his own way and never will.
The thing about Khan is he's a life long wrestling fan with $$. He's going to always try to do what fans want to a degree. Which is why AEW has been fun for me
Finally unmasked!
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by jrg:

That whole make the most of your moment thing ended after the attitude era ended imo, which was a while ago. It was pretty obvious to me that during the PG era, it was gonna be who Vince wanted.

That said by looking at who they are pushing for the womens division now, Billie simply had no more place in there.
Conti vs ships match. 🔥
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Conti vs ships match. 🔥

Good match, Tay has improved so much. That back bump she took on the top rope was pretty sick!

Miro referring to Sting as Darby's "emo face paint Daddy" was big

Mox and Eddie need their own sitcom where they star as roommates or some s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone