There are 225 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

It's official. GSP vs. Hendricks on November 16th!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Btw when is the new TUF airing??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Btw when is the new TUF airing??

haven't selected a date yet, but i think it's in Sept.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Gracies been dominating for decades:

Originally posted by SF69ers:
If anyone's interested, pretty cool short documentary on Blackzilian member and kickboxing juggernaut, Tyrone Spong, preparing for his fight against Remy Bonjasky

King of the Ring 2: Tyrone Spong

He'll be competing in the Glory light heavyweight kickboxing tourney on Saturday

if anyone was interested:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
For s**ts and giggles lol

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
heres the second one lol

For s**ts and giggles lol

lol karate dude was pretty weak.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol, stupid. dude out weighs karate kid by at least 50lbs.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
I normally wouldn't post a damn thing of BR....but this...this is too good.

Bleacher Report: What prompted you to call LeBron James a dork on the Jim Rome show? Is there any sort of history between the two of you?

Chael Sonnen: His name being brought up prompted it. He makesUrkel look cool. I would have liked to call him a t**t, but they changed subjects. Let me tell you a story about LeBron. He asked the UFC for tickets for my fight againstAnderson Silva. We sit the guy front row, and all through the night he snubs our fans. He's a guest in our house and he refuses to sign any autographs or take any pictures unless your cup size was later in the alphabet than he was able to learn. And from what I understand, he thinks the letter purple comes after C. This guy walked up to my fiancee backstage and asks her if there's a Tic Tac in her blouse or if she was just happy to see him. I had a UFC employee tell me he saw a mother wheel her handicapped child up to him to get a picture. Lebron was walking towards them. When he reached the kid, the mother stopped the wheelchair. Lebron took the wheelchair, wheeled it out of the way and kept walking.

I'd like to slap the divots right off his face.

B/R: You versus LeBron James at UFC 200. Who wins the fight, and how?
CS: He'd run away faster than his hairline. His hair went North, his talents went South, and his mother went West.

I applaud Chael Sonnen for this, and f*** LeBron James!!!

[ Edited by Dajanksta on Jun 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM ]

i really hope Spong transitions well into MMA. he's already a feared striker with a good chin, and now, he's been training with the Blackzilians. If he keeps progressing (second MMA match in August), i want to see him compete in the UFC's LHW division.
Spong wins the Glory tourney! Although his last match against #1 ranked LHW, Ilunga, seemed to be stopped prematurely. His first match against Duut was quick lol he came back strong after getting knocked down in the first 10 seconds

Also, it looks like this UFC Fox Sports 1 events are gonna look pretty good. This fall, we'll be getting Jacare vs. Okami and Bader vs. Glover
[ Edited by SF69ers on Jun 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM ]
Renato "Babalu" Sobral retired after losing at the last Bellator event.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Who is Spong 69er?? Is he from Bellatar??

Btw Jiu-Jitsu fans Metamoris 3 main event will be Eddie Bravo vs. Royler Gracie.....This will be a rematch, Eddie Bravo won last time.

Metamoris is THEE Jiu-Jitsu competition to watch, its the UFC of Jiu-jitsu.

Eddie Bravo is the frickin man!!!

"I would like to see all no-gi, but that's my personal preference," he said. "All those tournaments end up being tug-of-war on the sleeves and tug-of-war on the pants, and the sport of grappling struggles when we've got guys playing tug-of-war. I think that the gi doesn't define jiu-jitsu."
Who is Spong 69er?? Is he from Bellatar??

Btw Jiu-Jitsu fans Metamoris 3 main event will be Eddie Bravo vs. Royler Gracie.....This will be a rematch, Eddie Bravo won last time.

Metamoris is THEE Jiu-Jitsu competition to watch, its the UFC of Jiu-jitsu.

Eddie Bravo is the frickin man!!!

"I would like to see all no-gi, but that's my personal preference," he said. "All those tournaments end up being tug-of-war on the sleeves and tug-of-war on the pants, and the sport of grappling struggles when we've got guys playing tug-of-war. I think that the gi doesn't define jiu-jitsu."

Tyrone Spong is a kickboxing champion. fought at cruiserweight, middleweight, light heavyweight, and now heavyweight. he's fought Overeem and almost won despite a big size differential. Dude is absolute beast in his standup. He's making the transition to MMA fighting for WSOF (World Series of Fighting). He trains with the Blackzilians. Rashad Evans is his main training partner, I believe.

Did you hear about Bravo's altercation with Renato Laranja? Laranja is one of the most ruthless BJJ guys in the world. He visited Bravo's gym and they got into a fight. Laranja choked him out.

not sure if it's real or a prank.

[ Edited by SF69ers on Jun 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone