There are 183 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Rumored that the first free UFC event on Fox Sports 1 will be GSP vs. Hendricks
What about Couture in his roided prime vs Jones?
Or a Liddell in his prime?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Couture yes, Liddell no. My reason is I think Couture would be able to handle JJ's wrestling, Liddell only has takedown defense JJ would find an opening on him and Liddell would get destroyed.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Couture yes, Liddell no. My reason is I think Couture would be able to handle JJ's wrestling, Liddell only has takedown defense JJ would find an opening on him and Liddell would get destroyed.

I don't think either would have a chance against Jones. Bones is just a different fight. Long, strong, great accuracy in his strikes and extremely explosive. Couture and Chuck would both get KO'd.

I think the only fighter that would have a chance at Bones is in the heavyweight division and his name is Cain Velasquez.
imo, Jones is the best fighter in the history of the UFC. when there's an argument that you can beat anybody, in any division, that makes a pretty special fighter. his size, speed, strenght, fighting ability, and zen like attitude, nobody has this same package.

and can you market anybody better than him? american, exciting to watch, and very respectful; Dana has truly struck gold with Jones. and he's not even in his prime yet...
Fedor in his prime vs. Jones? I'm talking the Fedor that went to town on Big Nog when Big Nog was in his prime.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Fedor in his prime vs. Jones? I'm talking the Fedor that went to town on Big Nog when Big Nog was in his prime.

Was a big fan of Fedor, and this fight would've been interesting. Fedor would have a shot at beating him just because he was so accurate with his punches, but probably 7 times out of 10, Jones would win that fight based on better overall skills.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I don't think either would have a chance against Jones. Bones is just a different fight. Long, strong, great accuracy in his strikes and extremely explosive. Couture and Chuck would both get KO'd.

I think the only fighter that would have a chance at Bones is in the heavyweight division and his name is Cain Velasquez.

Yah after going back and really thinking about it, Couture would get KO'd.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Shane Carwin retires. Too bad for that guy..

awesome video. i love watching muay thai fights, especially the way they throw almost their whole damn bodies with every kick. my trainer actually got the chance to train with Yodsaenklai in Thailand and said it was one of the greatest (yet painful) experiences he ever had.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that was fkn boring.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
that was fkn boring.

you didn't like End of Watch so your opinion is invalrod
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
that was fkn boring.

you didn't like End of Watch so your opinion is invalrod

the quality of that movie can be summarized with one exchange.

Cop: Why do they call you "Big Evil"?
BE: Cuz my evil's big.

Yah after going back and really thinking about it, Couture would get KO'd.

I give it to Couture. He actually went up to HW, an All American Olympic Wrestler, Gold Gloves striking, and THEE smartest UFC fighter in history so far.

Jones at 6'4'' would have about a 3 in height advantage IIRC.

Liddell was lighting fools up in his hayday. That would be pretty cool to see.

We still have to see what A.Silva can do and as too why he is so confident against going up to fight Jones. Maybe the spider sees some holes in JJ's game.
Share 49ersWebzone