LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jesus:
lol gabe cant even make weight.

And after that he had the nerve to cry about!!! What a knucklehead!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Did anyone watch last night, what happen??
  • Jesus
Originally posted by Kolohe:
there were 2 fights last night, 1st was Joe Lauzon and Brian Geraghty. Lauzon had Geraghty beat within seconds. Joe Wins via rear naked choke. the second fight was Corey Hill and Rob Emmerson, it went the full 2 rounds and they went to sudden victory. Although many thought Rob won the fight Corey came out with the decision.

Boring.... Lauzon choked buddy with a rear naked (cant remenber the guys name.. brian?) in minute flat after he knocked him silly with an elbow on the ground

Cory beat Emerson... in another boring fight.... Cory didnt use his reach as much as he should have after the 1st 2 min... 1 jab here and there... Emerson was timid about the reach and was hesitant to mix it up.. went 3 rounds.. Cory didnt use his reach and Emerson didnt attack and try and get in close to take away the reach.. also that was Cory's 1st MMA fight ever... he BS'd everyone there.. Dana knew but took him on his size at that weight class and potential
[ Edited by Jordache49 on May 11, 2007 at 9:20 AM ]
Pshh.

Cory was kicked in the leg like 17 times. That was pretty much the fight.

Cory doesn't have any experience.

Sidenote: When they have a fight that starts 30 min before the show is scheduled to end, you know that your in for a long bout.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Lauzon really impressed me, he completely destroyed that guy from the opening bell. Pulvers comment after the fight was pretty funny, when he said that at least he knows he did'nt get beat by a lucky punch and that Lauzon was no scrub.
WHY IS LAUZON IN THERE ANYWAY?

He was already in a UFC PPV, and ALREADY beat Jens.

Definitley the favorite to win it all.

I wanna see Grove vs Cory.

Grove would bangem up

Daaaaaa ger
Well, there is a plus being in the show.

1. Chance of winning a UFC contract
2. Exposure (if you come out as a good fighter in the show, Dana White will give you a chance to fight again in UFC)

If you notice fighters from previous show. Those fighters are always fighting in those UFC fight night on Spike TV.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Grove would bangem up

Daaaaaa ger

Hahaha he should be coaching Jens!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Lauzon really impressed me, he completely destroyed that guy from the opening bell. Pulvers comment after the fight was pretty funny, when he said that at least he knows he did'nt get beat by a lucky punch and that Lauzon was no scrub.

I like Lauzon too, cause he is no chump. The finals it will be Lauzon and Nate Diaz!! Hopefully Lauzon destroys Diaz.

at least i didnt get knocked out by a p***y......

That is what i think i heard L evil say.

Corey made the night intresting, Well...umm...I Dana you know when i said i had 8 fights....that was a lie....umm Jens.....you known when i told you that I lied about the 8 fights and that i actually had two fights.....yea...that was bull s**t too.....I have not actually fought before.....

Futher more Rob Emerson is useless...... Seriously.... He has no real reason to call himself a fighter. HE hops around trying to get off that silly superman punch when he should have been listening to his Corner, Corey is not all that and Rob was scared of him. Emerson got punked out by a Guy who has never fought before. He got him on the ground one time and got a FREE LEG, he had the ankle, but just as easily could have gone for the knee if he could not get the leverage rgiht on the ankle...the only thing that stoped it ending right there was the bell sounded instantly, Yet he never once though...hell that was easy we kind of fell down I grab his leg and he looked really really confused.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Grove would bangem up

Daaaaaa ger

Hahaha he should be coaching Jens!!!

that would be a great match Up
Grove Vs Lauzon. i would not mind seeing kendall grove get his biggest challenge so he can go for the belt.
Originally posted by omar_ortiz21:

Grove Vs Lauzon. i would not mind seeing kendall grove get his biggest challenge so he can go for the belt.

That would be a brutally hard match up to make, unless they did it in Japan.

Grove fights at 185, Lauzon at 155.

There could try to meet in the middle as welterweights but that would seriously favor Grove.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Dam did anybody see the preview of next weeks show? looked like Sims was putting the smackdown on somebody in a housefight
yup saw the match.....sims going to sleep...
Share 49ersWebzone