LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Re-watched the fight. Reyes didn't do enough to become Champ. Had some nice flurries early early but did absolutely nothing in the later rounds. End of the fights leave lasting impressions on judges. Jon controlled the octagon. Had the only takedowns of the fight and finished strong. No problem with the decision. People just arent use to seeing Jon get hit so when he does get hit they're like oh he lost! lol. Gotta beat the Champ to become Champ. Not leave it in the judges hands. Gustafsson was a much closer fight
[ Edited by Knowledge on Feb 9, 2020 at 12:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Re-watched the fight. Reyes didn't do enough to become Champ. Had some nice flurries early early but did absolutely nothing in the later rounds. End of the fights leave lasting impressions on judges. Jon controlled the octagon. Had the only takedowns of the fight and finished strong. No problem with the decision. People just arent use to seeing Jon get hit so when he does get hit they're like oh he lost! lol. Gotta beat the Champ to become Champ. Not leave it in the judges hands. Gustafsson was a much closer fight
Reyes had no combos. Just would pop shot once or twice , then shift back.

Wassup with Jones running away with his back turned a number of times after getting tagged? Sloppy on all sides..even the judging. They want that crackhead to be the face of ufc soo badly.
I had it 3-2 Jones, but I can't argue against people seeing it 3-2 Reyes. I think round 3 was razor thin. Jones hit with far better accuracy and controlled the octagon. The Judge who scored it 4 rounds to 1 should have his eyes checked.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
I had it 3-2 Jones, but I can't argue against people seeing it 3-2 Reyes. I think round 3 was razor thin. Jones hit with far better accuracy and controlled the octagon. The Judge who scored it 4 rounds to 1 should have his eyes checked.

You have to KO Jones to even get a draw
  • dmax
  • Veteran
3-2 reyes..end of discussion..how can anybody see it differently
BJ is on a real roll of late...no pun intended
https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28688632/police-investigating-bj-penn-dui-crash
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
damn, thought he was older than 41
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
diego sanchez is a fkn clown. b***h ass quit lol
[ Edited by Chez on Feb 15, 2020 at 7:43 PM ]
https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1229508211767750657?s=21

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1229508211767750657?s=21

ref cut his ensuing headache from 7 days to 3 days with that move.
Originally posted by Chez:

He's always been whack. Remember when he changed his name from the Nightmare to the Dream? And walking out to the ring just screaming the word Yes repeatedly? What a dork.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Chez:

He's always been whack. Remember when he changed his name from the Nightmare to the Dream? And walking out to the ring just screaming the word Yes repeatedly? What a dork.

ya, he was never really that good. Was just durable and could take a beating so it would make for exciting fights. he's a weirdo.

did u see his fight this past weekend? If I had no idea who he was, I'd think this was his first fight ever. including street fights or elementary school fights. he looked terrible.
[ Edited by Chez on Feb 18, 2020 at 1:33 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
check out the abs on this dude

AYO WHO'S MANS IS THIS?

from Sanchez vs Chiesa:

at that time, Fabia offered additional information.

Sanchez's current manager and trainer, who has served as his lone cornerman in each of his past two UFC appearances, said that the attending referee needed to be warned ahead of the fight that Chiesa was in danger of being killed in the octagon.

Fabia told commission officials that he and Sanchez had been working on a choke so brutal, that if he was to apply it to his opponent, the bout should be waved off immediately so as to prevent Chiesa from either death or paralysis.

Fabia was asked to demonstrate the move, which was described to MMA Junkie as a technique that started as a standing guillotine choke but then would see Sanchez rotate his shoulders so that his opponent's head was braced above his shoulder before slamming down to the floor and breaking his foe's neck (described in practice as something akin to the professional wrestling move known as the "Stone Cold Stunner").
Share 49ersWebzone