**UFC/MMA Thread**

So is Khabib the greatest ever?
Originally posted by jimrat:
Shaub

love Schaub
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
It was expected. I'll tell you what though, Khabib's weakness in his game is standing and striking and taking strikes. If the next opponent can keep it standing I think the odds would be in his favor.

Gsp is that guy but he's done. I don't see anybody else out there. Hopefully we finally get the Ferguson fight
Originally posted by FaTaL:
It was expected. I'll tell you what though, Khabib's weakness in his game is standing and striking and taking strikes. If the next opponent can keep it standing I think the odds would be in his favor.

Gsp is that guy but he's done. I don't see anybody else out there. Hopefully we finally get the Ferguson fight

Agreed. GSP can always adjust his style to who he's fighting and his wresting and take down defense is pretty damn good
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by evil:
Problem is no one can keep it standing. I think Nate Diaz is the best matchup

Nate has never shown great TDD though. He and Nate were involved in that brawl that one time though, would pay to watch em fight in the octagon.

Not worried about the TDD...focused on what happens once Khabib takes him to the ground with nates BJJ

Both Diaz bros are great with BJJ within a fight. Lots of guys are black belts but it does not show in the octagon IMO.

Agreed...but Nate's does

Khabib will manhandle Diaz on the ground. Just like dos Anjos did
Originally posted by Knowledge:

Nate has never shown great TDD though. He and Nate were involved in that brawl that one time though, would pay to watch em fight in the octagon.

Not worried about the TDD...focused on what happens once Khabib takes him to the ground with nates BJJ

Both Diaz bros are great with BJJ within a fight. Lots of guys are black belts but it does not show in the octagon IMO.

Agreed...but Nate's does

Ok
Iirc Khabib said he has a couple more years in him and he's done with MMA?

They need to book him solid watchable fights asaps.

Agreed...but Nate's does

Ok

Ya Nate's the best matchup. He has the cardio, obviously better standing, and he has put away guys from his back. Obviously Kabib is a different animal, but Nate has a chance with his submission. Besides him, i don't think anyone has a chance.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Agreed...but Nate's does

Ok

Ya Nate's the best matchup. He has the cardio, obviously better standing, and he has put away guys from his back. Obviously Kabib is a different animal, but Nate has a chance with his submission. Besides him, i don't think anyone has a chance.

Agree with all this.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Agreed...but Nate's does

Ok

I'm gonna say Tony Ferguson still represents the most problems for Khabib. He's got KO power and knows how to keep the distance, the height and reach Khabib has never really faced before and when he did the fight came to a decision with Edson Barbosa. Ferguson's ground game is nothing to overlook either, he's got a variety of submissions and escapes for Khabib's double-under.

Would definitely be a good fight that can go either way, IMO. But if I had to pick, I think I would go with Ferguson by decision or TKO, Khabib has a real suspect chin.

Would love to see this fight
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/09/khabib-nurmagomedov-manager-wants-gsp-fight-not-conor-mcgregor-tony-ferguson/amp
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/09/khabib-nurmagomedov-manager-wants-gsp-fight-not-conor-mcgregor-tony-ferguson/amp

Won't happen unless Khabib moves up. GSP won't cut weight to 155 thats too much. He walks around at 195.

Won't happen unless Khabib moves up. GSP won't cut weight to 155 thats too much. He walks around at 195.

Yeah. Would probably have to take place at welterweight , can't see GSP going lower than 170.
Bellators dual champ called out Khabib..
Imo Khabibs unbeatable..
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Sep 12, 2019 at 12:41 PM ]
Got my tix to see gaethje vs cowboy
Share 49ersWebzone