There are 180 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
he tried out for TUF, but 125 is a big cut for him. he fights at 135, but he's a big 135er.

he actually rocked Soto twice in their fight, but got taken down when he tried to go in for the finish. he got busted up pretty bad but dude's got heart. next fight is next Saturday vs Tyson Nam

A "W" over Nam would be a good step forward if he wants a chance to fight with a bigger promotion (be it UFC, Bellator or WSOF).
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
he tried out for TUF, but 125 is a big cut for him. he fights at 135, but he's a big 135er.

he actually rocked Soto twice in their fight, but got taken down when he tried to go in for the finish. he got busted up pretty bad but dude's got heart. next fight is next Saturday vs Tyson Nam

A "W" over Nam would be a good step forward if he wants a chance to fight with a bigger promotion (be it UFC, Bellator or WSOF).

current champ for WCF and this will be his first title defense. i hope he demolishes Nam
  • evil
  • Veteran
Hope they rebook Chiesa and Lauzon

Bobby Lashley and King Mo smashed a couple of cans

Matt Mitrione crushed that dude.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Overeem lol
Originally posted by jimrat:
Overeem lol

I think everyone saw that coming a mile away haha. He did land some really good body kicks. I'm sure Big Ben is feeling it as we speak.
I just watched Fight Night. What is going on with the UFC? I would have paid $60 for this card, unlike last weeks debacle. Great fights up and down the card. Overeem, wow! You can tell he is off of the riods, hgh, or whatever he was on. He longer has those massive traps. It looks like he can make 205 now. No one is afraid of him anymore. His power and chin look soft. I wanna see the Lauzon vs Chiesa rematch.
lol at Overeem. took forever for the UFC to sign him. finally signs, and what a flop he's been. dude looked quick, strong, and fast vs Rothwell. landed a leg kick that was checked, and dude got scared. smh...

main event was a bit underwhelming. was hoping for a war, but Mousasi looked disinterested in the bout. good for Jacare, who i feel should get a title shot soon
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
lol at Overeem. took forever for the UFC to sign him. finally signs, and what a flop he's been. dude looked quick, strong, and fast vs Rothwell. landed a leg kick that was checked, and dude got scared. smh...

main event was a bit underwhelming. was hoping for a war, but Mousasi looked disinterested in the bout. good for Jacare, who i feel should get a title shot soon

Mousasi is just not the same fighter anymore. This is the second fight I have been really disappointed about, I don't think he should even be ranked after that showing.

On a side note: LOL @ AsianJeff new name!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Mousasi is just not the same fighter anymore. This is the second fight I have been really disappointed about, I don't think he should even be ranked after that showing.

lol had to do it since LMJ got released

too bad about Mousasi. i've noticed that as well. almost not as aggressive when fighting a ranked opponent. i used to think he was the middleweight/light heavyweight version of Fedor

too bad about Mousasi. i've noticed that as well. almost not as aggressive when fighting a ranked opponent. i used to think he was the middleweight/light heavyweight version of Fedor

He's always had a problem defending the take down. He took 2012 off from MMA but I think he's just coasting now -- 42 mma fights in 11 years? Wow -- what a career. Too bad he didn't join the UFC earlier.

• evil
  • Veteran

You both need to shut your dirty mouths

Seriously though, it's hard to gauge because Jacare and Machida are tough opponents however he looked impressive vs Munoz. I know Mark is not ranked but he is a decent opponent. Here is to hoping Bisping loses to Rockhold and we get Bisping vs Mousasi after that. If anything can motivate Gegard it would be Mike's big mouth.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

He's always had a problem defending the take down. He took 2012 off from MMA but I think he's just coasting now -- 42 mma fights in 11 years? Wow -- what a career. Too bad he didn't join the UFC earlier.

exactly. although i dont see him beating Silva in those years, he woulda made some nice fights.

if he gets another fight, i woulda liked to see him against Bisping.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Brendan Schaub vs Travis Browne added to UFC 181.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Brendan Schaub vs Travis Browne added to UFC 181.

former teammates.

Travis Browne by 1st round KO
The girl from Chicago is all mine!

Dibs!
Share 49ersWebzone