LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

JDS has left the Blackhouse/Team Nog camp and has moved over to Nova Uniao, the camp that trains the likes of Jose Aldo and Renan Barao.

Apparently, Big Nog is NOT happy and is very upset and feels betrayed.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by crabman82:
its a great highlight. i understand ppl will see that and think theres your next champ. once you peel back the layers you see what varner did to him and realize he hasnt beaten anyone. cerrone will be by far the best guy he has fought.

it's not just who he fought, but i think it's his elite standup and ability to defend the takedowns well. his muay thai is probably one of the best in the UFC. beating guys like Terry Etim (once pegged as one of the top prospects in MMA), Ross Pearson (who is no joke in the division, either), and a fight of the night against Danny Castillo aren't terrible for someone that's only 26. the loss vs. Varner, IMO, was a huge surprise, but that's what i love about MMA

i dont think he sucks, nor do i the names you listed who he has beat. but when we're talking about being a champ, in a div with aldo, pettis, bendo, gil, nate, grant, thomson (if he hangs around). hes a middle of the pack guy, i rate dos anjos and khabib better than him. i dont even know if he'd get past jim miller or pat healy.

i see where you're coming from. it's a super deep division, but i see the progress he's making, especially with the ground game. Cerrone is going to be a tough matchup

i think he's still 2-3 wins away from getting a title shot. ceronne is a good measuring stick.
JDS has left the Blackhouse/Team Nog camp and has moved over to Nova Uniao, the camp that trains the likes of Jose Aldo and Renan Barao.

Apparently, Big Nog is NOT happy and is very upset and feels betrayed.

can't blame him....... it didn't look like he improved at all from JDS/Cain 2 to JDS/Cain 3. yeah he had the win vs Hunt in between.... but as much of a fan of hung as i am, let's be serious about that matchup.
Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is back with the UFC and will be slotted vs. Phil Davis at 205 at UFC 172.

Also, Shogun vs. Henderson 2 on 3/23, UFC Fight Night.

what's the odds on rumble making weight.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
its a great highlight. i understand ppl will see that and think theres your next champ. once you peel back the layers you see what varner did to him and realize he hasnt beaten anyone. cerrone will be by far the best guy he has fought.

i must've missed the varner fight. didn't know he beat up barboza.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
what's the odds on rumble making weight.

lol if the dude can't make 205, he needs to seriously consider permanently staying at heavyweight, where he still looked pretty explosive.
potential snag in the aldo-pettis fight

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/5/5382826/jose-aldo-vs-anthony-pettis-fight-already-in-danger
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Give ma dood Cub Swanson another shot at Aldo.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/5/5382826/jose-aldo-vs-anthony-pettis-fight-already-in-danger

not even worried. aldo's coach is being stupid. aldo has already said that he's ready to move up to 155 to fight for the title. dunno why his coach suddenly comes out wanting to keep the featherweight title. it's stupid, considering aldo has been having difficult times dropping down to 145.

not even worried. aldo's coach is being stupid. aldo has already said that he's ready to move up to 155 to fight for the title. dunno why his coach suddenly comes out wanting to keep the featherweight title. it's stupid, considering aldo has been having difficult times dropping down to 145.

yeah i assume it still happens. just want to see pettis get healthy and defend the belt a few times. hes great but he seems to get hurt a lot and miss time and in the deepest division in the ufc, it just clogs things up.

yeah i assume it still happens. just want to see pettis get healthy and defend the belt a few times. hes great but he seems to get hurt a lot and miss time and in the deepest division in the ufc, it just clogs things up.

even though i feel like the fight will be official, for some reason i see Pettis getting ANOTHER injury

even though i feel like the fight will be official, for some reason i see Pettis getting ANOTHER injury

i could see a scenario where henderson and/or melendez continue to beat every contender while pettis fights once a year and has injury after injury. hes a great fighter who finishes fights but i dont know if him being the champ is the best for the division given his injury history.

i could see a scenario where henderson and/or melendez continue to beat every contender while pettis fights once a year and has injury after injury. hes a great fighter who finishes fights but i dont know if him being the champ is the best for the division given his injury history.

agreed. love watching Pettis fight, but he needs to stay healthy.

"We're interested in Anthony defending his belt against the top guys at 155," Roberts said. "If Aldo doesn't want to fight for the belt, we'll fight someone else."

Roberts, who also manages Chad Mendes, said if Aldo refuses to fight Pettis at lightweight, he hopes the UFC will book a rematch between Aldo and Mendes at featherweight.

hasn't alpha male run out of guys to throw at the Nova Uniao camp yet???

Aldo probably don't want to vacate the 145 title...................
Share 49ersWebzone