LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Nate Diaz been trying to chael sonnen his way into a title shot.

Can you really blame him though given not just what Chael managed to do but the shadiness that surrounded how Pettis ended up fighting Henderson in Milwaukee ? What about Edgar, he had 2 very controversial losses to Bendo, drops to FW and get immediate title shot.

or his own brother losing to condit in a interim title match, then getting a real title shot with gsp.

right?

IMO the worst was Brock Lesnar getting a title shot after what 4 fights and a 3-1 record........ obviously for the ratings.

hard for us to complain because they're giving the fans what they want. as the same time it's unfair for a lot fighters.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM ]

Can you really blame him though given not just what Chael managed to do but the shadiness that surrounded how Pettis ended up fighting Henderson in Milwaukee ? What about Edgar, he had 2 very controversial losses to Bendo, drops to FW and get immediate title shot.

or his own brother losing to condit in a interim title match, then getting a real title shot with gsp.

right?

IMO the worst was Brock Lesnar getting a title shot after what 4 fights and a 3-1 record........ obviously for the ratings.

hard for us to complain because they're giving the fans what they want. as the same time it's unfair for a lot fighters.

well, the whole brock thing i always understood. ratings were part of it, but the heavyweight division was AWFUL at that time. they needed something to give it a spark, and i don't think you can argue that it didn't work.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

right?

well, the whole brock thing i always understood. ratings were part of it, but the heavyweight division was AWFUL at that time. they needed something to give it a spark, and i don't think you can argue that it didn't work.

i agree dude. like it said, it's hard to complain.

yeah dude HW back then was awful, Tim Sylvia was fking joke, and Crocop was the UFC's biggest bomb ever. i was one of the guys that was saying Cain should be getting the way back then. but then again, he wasn't as much of a finisher back then as he is now and the Cain/Kongo was probably still fresh on Dana's mind. but now it's all water under the bridge......

all that said.......... and as much of a d*ck he is, Dana White is probably (relatively) doing a better job managing the UFC than the commissioners of the 4 other major sports have done in their respective organization. over 10 years, 4(?) million dollar investment now the fastest growing sport in the world and a multi billion dollar world wide industry?
New TUF winner, Julia Pena, out possibly TWO years with serious knee injury. apparently, she suffered torn ACL, MCL, LCL, and meniscus while grappling.

Dana White is pissed, demanding that she trains at a new gym due to the irresponsible training from her current gym.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
New TUF winner, Julia Pena, out possibly TWO years with serious knee injury. apparently, she suffered torn ACL, MCL, LCL, and meniscus while grappling.

Dana White is pissed, demanding that she trains at a new gym due to the irresponsible training from her current gym.

dafuq? i heard it was bad, but i didn't know two years bad. that sucks.

seriously. what the f**k were they training on where someone could end up tearing up their whole knee??!

seriously. what the f**k were they training on where someone could end up tearing up their whole knee??!

i dunno. how to escape a situation where a normal person would tap.

seriously, like a heel hook and the person didn't let go. or a kneebar. that's BS
[ Edited by LaMichaelJeff on Jan 30, 2014 at 1:57 PM ]

seriously, like a heel hook and the person didn't let go. that's some BS

if it was something like that you'd think the person would let go after the first ligament popped.

or just some b*tches be vindictive maybe..... jealous to the max. just saying.

seriously, like a heel hook and the person didn't let go. that's some BS

if it was something like that you'd think the person would let go after the first ligament popped.

or just some b*tches be vindictive maybe..... jealous to the max. just saying.

could happen. i think she may have been training with a guy, though.

^^still applies.
dude should be sued for 2 years of her what could have been her purse.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/30/5362474/dana-white-juliana-pena-was-attacked-at-gym-led-to-devastating-knee

"It's the worst injury I've ever heard of, ever, in this sport, and you hear about those types of injuries in football," he said. "Apparently, when she came into the gym -- and again, she was hysterical when I talked to her, crying -- she was training in her gym and one of her training partners, a guy, was saying to her, 'oh, you're wearing your Ultimate Fighter shirt, we're real scared.' He says that and was talking smack to her and then basically attacked her.

"He jumped on her back, started cranking her neck, and the way she fell her knee blew out. The most disgusting thing I've ever heard in my life. A year-and-a-half to two years she'll be out, and I told her to leave that disgusting gym and go somewhere else with new coaches, new training partners, whatever. And that's all I know."
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
meh, f**k her.

[ Edited by ChazBoner on Jan 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM ]
the dude that jumped on her is most likely a hawks fan too.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the dude that jumped on her is most likely a hawks fan too.

oh fo sho. everyone in that area is now.
Share 49ersWebzone