LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

posted this in the boxing thread, too, but Dana White and his TUF producer, Craig Piligian, are launching a boxing reality show, "The Fighter", premiers tonight on Discovery.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
posted this in the boxing thread, too, but Dana White and his TUF producer, Craig Piligian, are launching a boxing reality show, "The Fighter", premiers tonight on Discovery.

I didn't doubt Dana White to do something like that. After all Dana White was a Golden Glove Boxer, I think this was his way to pay his respects back to boxing after all the boxing vs. MMA drama.

Good luck to the show I hope its successful.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
"seattle's own ben henderson"

....let's go thompson.

No wonder I never liked that clown...........Go Thompson!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like Ben Henderson and all, but he did NOT win that fight. Thompson was robbed IMO, all I saw Thompson controlling fight with takedowns the whole time. I'd have to say Thompson 4-1 rounds.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I like Ben Henderson and all, but he did NOT win that fight. Thompson was robbed IMO, all I saw Thompson controlling fight with takedowns the whole time. I'd have to say Thompson 4-1 rounds.

i agree that Thomson got robbed. i gave it to him 3-2, but i can see how Henderson could have won it by being aggressive, and it didn't help that Thomson's striking had to be controlled due to his hand.

glad my dudes Cerrone and Cruickshank won!

i agree that Thomson got robbed. i gave it to him 3-2, but i can see how Henderson could have won it by being aggressive, and it didn't help that Thomson's striking had to be controlled due to his hand.

i had Hendeson winning just based on how MMA judges are. not saying i agree with the decision, you can pretty much steal fights nowdays by looking like you're winning....... (attacking without necessarily scoring, controling position)

i had Thompson winning 1 & 4, Henderson winning 2 & 3, 5 was the swing round

i had Hendeson winning just based on how MMA judges are. not saying i agree with the decision, you can pretty much steal fights nowdays by looking like you're winning....... (attacking without necessarily scoring, controling position)

it was close in my mind, henderson is my fav fighter so i am a bit biased, but i feel the decider was bendo controlling the octagon for the most part, he had josh close to or up against the cage a lot of the fight when it was standing. i went back and watched it for a 2nd time, if ppl think thomson won the fight i could see where people would think that. but he didnt get robbed. that term gets thrown around too much these days. gsp over hendricks was a robbery.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jan 27, 2014 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

it was close in my mind, henderson is my fav fighter so i am a bit biased, but i feel the decider was bendo controlling the octagon for the most part, he had josh close to or up against the cage a lot of the fight when it was standing. i went back and watched it for a 2nd time, if ppl think thomson won the fight i could see where people would think that. but he didnt get robbed. that term gets thrown around too much these days. gsp over hendricks was a robbery.

oh yeah for sure this one wasn't as bad as that fight. no where close.

the broken hand was unfortunate.
TBH, i'm wayy more excited for Saturday's card than i am for the SB. Faber looked like a man possessed against McDonald.
Stories coming out that sh*t just got real down in Brazil.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/27/5351932/chael-sonnen-wanderlei-silva-get-into-fight-on-tuf-brazil-set

"Wanderlei and Chael fought," White said. "Just today. They literally fought."

While details aren't entirely clear as to how the altercation started, White says the fight went on for awhile before it was broken up, and that one of Silva's people jumped into the fray.

"While they were fighting one of Wanderlei's guys sucked punched Chael," White said. "They went crazy, crazy s--- happened there. We're dealing with that right now too. ... They literally fought today, it went on for awhile."

(edit was to switch out the bleacher report article)

....there are conflicting stories from various journalists and personalities suggesting that Sonnen was sucker-punched by a member of Silva's team. Whether or not it was during the fight, or if it was what started the brawl, is also unknown.

Dana White Twitter:

Dana White: a huge fight broke out today in Brazil between @sonnench and @wandfc. Chael got sucker punched by 1 of Wandy's guys. #RealTalk
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM ]

Stories coming out that sh*t just got real down in Brazil.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/27/5351932/chael-sonnen-wanderlei-silva-get-into-fight-on-tuf-brazil-set

"Wanderlei and Chael fought," White said. "Just today. They literally fought."

While details aren't entirely clear as to how the altercation started, White says the fight went on for awhile before it was broken up, and that one of Silva's people jumped into the fray.

"While they were fighting one of Wanderlei's guys sucked punched Chael," White said. "They went crazy, crazy s--- happened there. We're dealing with that right now too. ... They literally fought today, it went on for awhile."

(edit was to switch out the bleacher report article)

....there are conflicting stories from various journalists and personalities suggesting that Sonnen was sucker-punched by a member of Silva's team. Whether or not it was during the fight, or if it was what started the brawl, is also unknown.

Dana White Twitter:

Dana White: a huge fight broke out today in Brazil between @sonnench and @wandfc. Chael got sucker punched by 1 of Wandy's guys. #RealTalk

i would've LOVED it if they televised this TUF instead of the current TUF with Noke and Cote as the coaches
dont know how much truth to this there is but it would make sense. bendo cant get a title shot right now with pettis having beaten him twice and it may be premature to give melendez another title shot which would be 2 in only 3 ufc appearances.

Ross Finkelstein ‏@rossfinkelstein
RUMOR: UFC looking at Pettis/Aldo as main event for July 4th weekend in Vegas. Lightweight Title. Aldo vacates, moves up to 155.

i would've LOVED it if they televised this TUF instead of the current TUF with Noke and Cote as the coaches

....which is why some people think the fight is staged so that you want to purchase that new network or whatever it is..............................................
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM ]

....which is why some people think the fight is staged so that you want to purchase that new network or whatever it is..............................................

makes sense, but it's stupid considering the episodes can be watched on youtube
Originally posted by crabman82:
dont know how much truth to this there is but it would make sense. bendo cant get a title shot right now with pettis having beaten him twice and it may be premature to give melendez another title shot which would be 2 in only 3 ufc appearances.

Ross Finkelstein ‏@rossfinkelstein
RUMOR: UFC looking at Pettis/Aldo as main event for July 4th weekend in Vegas. Lightweight Title. Aldo vacates, moves up to 155.

i would't doubt it. Aldo's been having trouble making weight lately, and it doesn't sound like Dana white is too happy with henderson's style, and would rather reward finishers. melendez almost lost to diego, and you for sure can't nate diaz a shot (no matter how much he b*tches).

that said, it all assumes aldo wins on saturday, i haven't had a chance to see ricardo lamas fight. does he have a shot against Aldo?
Share 49ersWebzone