There are 199 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I wonna see Jones vs Cain.

Hopefully Cain doesn't Roberto Duran it and get fat and party being alone at the top. I doubt it doe.

SAN JOSE IN DA HAAAAUS

Cain would maul Jones like any other of his foos. Jones is not big or strong enough to hang with the champ even if he moved up to HW.

There really isn't a huge size differential between the 2 except that Jones is 3 inches taller (6'4 vs. 6'1). He walks around at 230 lbs and Cain walks around at 240 lbs. He is more than big enough and strong enough to handle Cain, but his length would be the X factor. This would be an awesome fight.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Hopefully Cain doesn't Roberto Duran it and get fat and party being alone at the top. I doubt it doe.

SAN JOSE IN DA HAAAAUS

Cain would maul Jones like any other of his foos. Jones is not big or strong enough to hang with the champ even if he moved up to HW.

There really isn't a huge size differential between the 2 except that Jones is 3 inches taller (6'4 vs. 6'1). He walks around at 230 lbs and Cain walks around at 240 lbs. He is more than big enough and strong enough to handle Cain, but his length would be the X factor. This would be an awesome fight.

Jones' reach would have no impact at all on Cain. Cain is "out-reached" in pretty much all his fights. And in fact Jones' length may be his biggest weakness against Cain. He'd have no leverage with those longs legs to withstand Cain's takedowns or even issue them himself (and you're talking community college wrestling vs. an All american).

Jones' only chance would be to nail Cain with a terrific front kick or spinning elbow -- so basically he has a puncher's chance but that's about it. I mean JDS landed a bunch of clean shots on Cain during the fight but they had no effect.
missed that whole ppv card this past weekend

hopefully i can find a link to watch them later...

in TUF news, season 3 of TUF Brazil gets Wandy back as coach vs.........CHAEL SONNEN
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Diego Sanchez vs Gilbert Melendez = Fight of the night!!!

Those two were frickin warriors.

But after Deigo drops Gilbert with an upper cut he immediately tries to get his back.

i know right? he throws a million punches...... except for when he should be throwing a million punches.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
missed that whole ppv card this past weekend

hopefully i can find a link to watch them later...

in TUF news, season 3 of TUF Brazil gets Wandy back as coach vs.........CHAEL SONNEN

the greatest pitchman in UFC history.

SAN JOSE IN DA HAAAAUS

Cormier dropping down to LHW..... didn't say he's going after jones right away. but there's a good shot AKA brings back another belt.

SAN JOSE IN DA HAAAAUS

Jones' reach would have no impact at all on Cain. Cain is "out-reached" in pretty much all his fights. And in fact Jones' length may be his biggest weakness against Cain. He'd have no leverage with those longs legs to withstand Cain's takedowns or even issue them himself (and you're talking community college wrestling vs. an All american).

Jones' only chance would be to nail Cain with a terrific front kick or spinning elbow -- so basically he has a puncher's chance but that's about it. I mean JDS landed a bunch of clean shots on Cain during the fight but they had no effect.

plus cain won't stand there and let himself get kicked in the knee.

SAN JOSE IN DA HAAAAUS

I would agree if we were talking about say Anderson Silva, who's reach could be nullified by a good wrestler due to his poor takedown defense. Jones is a whole different animal. Yes, he may have "only" wrestled for Junior College, but his wrestling is 2nd to none, imo, and that includes the likes of Cain. Hope the fight happens.

SAN JOSE IN DA HAAAAUS

I would agree if we were talking about say Anderson Silva, who's reach could be nullified by a good wrestler due to his poor takedown defense. Jones is a whole different animal. Yes, he may have "only" wrestled for Junior College, but his wrestling is 2nd to none, imo, and that includes the likes of Cain. Hope the fight happens.

i don't mean to take anything away from jones, he is a very good, skilled, etc. wrestler, but a lot of his wrestling dominance in the UFC has to do with him overwhelming other fighters with his size along with his skill.

Cain on the other hand is usually fighting guys bigger than him, and out-wrestles everyone.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

SAN JOSE IN DA HAAAAUS

i don't mean to take anything away from jones, he is a very good, skilled, etc. wrestler, but a lot of his wrestling dominance in the UFC has to do with him overwhelming other fighters with his size along with his skill.

Cain on the other hand is usually fighting guys bigger than him, and out-wrestles everyone.

Can't disagree with that

• jimrat
  • Veteran

Slow Mo highlights
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that was awesome!
finally watched the Melendez/Sanchez fight. HOLY s**t, what a fight.

that Cain/JDS fight was pretty good, too. i don't see ANYONE beating Cain.

any other fights worth watching from that last ppv?

Gotta watch Dodson's KO (delayed reaction). Also Jessica Eye has dat ass but she wasn't on the ground that much :(

Gotta watch Dodson's KO (delayed reaction). Also Jessica Eye has dat ass but she wasn't on the ground that much :(

saw the Eye match. i'll look into the Dodson one next.
Share 49ersWebzone