There are 210 users in the forums

***NBA OFFSEASON 2023 Thread***

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
What a terrible trade for Portland. All that drama for Deru(who i like) and a late first plus some meh change?

Its an unprotected 2029 pick so it might be late 1st, or it might be the 1st pick in the draft, its not like Giannis and Lillard will still be in their primes then. Lillard is out of his prime currently.

Beyond that, Ayton is an upgrade on Nurkic. Younger, better rebounder, healthier and needed a change of scenery.

For sure, neither Giannis or Dame will be in Milwaukee for 2028/2029 season
WOW!
Blazers took a worse deal just to spite Dame and the Miami Heat… I will be shocked if Cronin is the GM by April/may

as far as the Heat are concerned, it might be time for Pat Riley to retire, it seems he can't get along with anyone in the league
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Sep 27, 2023 at 12:47 PM ]
idk about worse deal. Doesn't seem like there were better offers from the Heat.
Blazers took the better deal. Would have been a very bad look to cave in to Lillard's demand to be traded to the Heat. That is just not how the world works my guy.
Bucks are now favorites to win it all , Nuggs next

DK
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Blazers took the better deal. Would have been a very bad look to cave in to Lillard's demand to be traded to the Heat. That is just not how the world works my guy.

They traded for a player they have no intention in keeping
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
WOW!
Blazers took a worse deal just to spite Dame and the Miami Heat… I will be shocked if Cronin is the GM by April/may

as far as the Heat are concerned, it might be time for Pat Riley to retire, it seems he can't get along with anyone in the league

How is this a worse deal? Lol

And?

That happens a lot BTW.

And?

That happens a lot BTW.

And how is that the better deal? If it is it's not by much, the Heat we're going to give them Tyler Herro and 2 first rounders .

I agree Pat Riley badly screwed this up,and should've done more to get a superstar who only wanted to play for your team. but you're fooling yourself if you think this was anything other than a spite move by Joe Cronin.
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Sep 27, 2023 at 1:51 PM ]
And now according to Dames agent the Heat "did everything they could to acquire Dame. It takes two to get a deal done. I appreciate all that Pat, Andy and Micky did to try and make this happen."

so Cronin completely refused to deal with Miami…uhhhh hmmmmm

• boast
  • Hella Fame

And?

That happens a lot BTW.

And how is that the better deal? If it is it's not by much, the Heat we're going to give them Tyler Herro and 2 first rounders .

I agree Pat Riley badly screwed this up,and should've done more to get a superstar who only wanted to play for your team. but you're fooling yourself if you think this was anything other than a spite move by Joe Cronin.

Herro and two firsts isnt better than Ayton, Holiday (who will be flipped for pick(s)/younger talent), a 1st, and two swaps
Originally posted by boast:
Herro and two firsts isnt better than Ayton, Holiday (who will be flipped for pick(s)/younger talent), a 1st, and two swaps

Really? a 23 year old, 20ppg scorer to flip isnt better than a 33 year old who plans to retire in 2 years?! Cmon man…and Ayton was always part of this trade so either way he was going to Portland
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Sep 27, 2023 at 2:52 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Portland got a pretty good deal. Ayton is a damn good upgrade over Nurkic. He's younger and fits their timeline too. Scoot's gonna be special and they've given him a nice front court right from the get go.

Great deal for Bucks imho. This will get Giannis to re-sign and with Giannis, Dame and Middleton - they have a pretty good big 3 for at least the next 3 years.

They're now the best team in the East.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
If I'm Portland - I move off Grant at the deadline or next summer as well. I would create as much cap space as possible for next summer and go hard after OG and depth.

Build around Scoot, Sharpe, Simons, Murray, and Ayton. Ideally - Simons should come off the bench as a quick scorer when roster is ready to contend for playoffs.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by boast:

Really? a 23 year old, 20ppg scorer to flip isnt better than a 33 year old who plans to retire in 2 years?! Cmon man…and Ayton was always part of this trade so either way he was going to Portland

nobody wants Herro and his massive contract. it's way easier to flip Jrue to a contender.

c'mon man
Share 49ersWebzone