LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

**2023-2024 Anaheim "The Kids Just Might be Alright. Maybe. Sorta." Ducks Thread

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Winning it all next year.

You heard it here first.
Lol.

We need defensive help. And new leadership in the locker room. McTavish should come up and our farm system is deep, but there are immediate needs. We've got the money...FINALLY.

Looking forward to seeing McTavish. And I think Cam will do a good job as the C.

Does the NHL cap rollover like in the NFL? If so, I say give these kids another year and see if they can make a playoff push. If so, go all out the next season like we did when we got Scotty and Prongrer.

But hopefully we do go after a solid vet that can really produce, whether it's on offense or defense this year.
Cam is who I think they will tap as well. But not for long. It will be Terry long term, I think.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Missed the game due to, what else, hockey. Saw that we had to put the EBUG in.

arrow up for next season!

Yep, and he practices with Stars players in off season so they were super exited for him

They celebrated him in the Ducks' locker room. Sprayed him with water. Good for him.

.667 save percentage. Still better than my son's last night. lol.

Goalie is by far the worst position to be a parent of, lol

my daughter says she wants to be a goalie…for whatever reason she loves the position when we watch games
Solid draft!

I wanted Geeky over Pavel there, but once we took Gaucher I was happy. Then the other two defenders we added in the 2nd were great

Also liked our late picks since we went straight for raw potential there.
Solid draft!

I wanted Geeky over Pavel there, but once we took Gaucher I was happy. Then the other two defenders we added in the 2nd were great

I was happy as well.
Drafted some big kids. All 2004s, I think.
Solid draft!

I was happy as well.

Big + good athletes. Warren = Pronger
Solid draft!

I was happy as well.

Big + good athletes. Warren = Pronger

Yeah. I'm most excited about that kid. He's massive but scouting on him is that he's a smooth skater who skates smaller than his size.
Troy Terry is breaking out.
Different season, same problem - too many shots on goal and too much pressure on Gibby. We've got to control the puck a lot more.
Alright so for some reason Dallas Eakins is still our coach so we're going to have to suffer thru that for my guess is another 3/4 of a year or so. His penalty kill lineup last night was so galaxy brain fkn wtf I had to look up where he was from and it made perfect sense Florida.

Anyway got really high hopes for Strome and Vatrano. Strome looked really good last night in an overall terrible team performance, we had no business being in that game. Mctavish is so skilled...We should score a ton of goals, and give up even more. Our defense is just god awful, and BEEK knows it. Be interesting to see if any prsopects get a look sooner than later. I don't think we make the playoffs tbh.

First 2 lines can be really good.
McTavish-Strome-Terry
Henrique-Zegras-Vatrano
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 13, 2022 at 11:33 AM ]

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Alright so for some reason Dallas Eakins is still our coach so we're going to have to suffer thru that for my guess is another 3/4 of a year or so. His penalty kill lineup last night was so galaxy brain fkn wtf I had to look up where he was from and it made perfect sense Florida.

Anyway got really high hopes for Strome and Vatrano. Strome looked really good last night in an overall terrible team performance, we had no business being in that game. Mctavish is so skilled...We should score a ton of goals, and give up even more. Our defense is just god awful, and BEEK knows it. Be interesting to see if any prsopects get a look sooner than later. I don't think we make the playoffs tbh.

McTavish-Strome-Terry
Henrique-Zegras-Vatrano

I'm hoping to squeak in.

Plus I bet my son that we will finish with a better record than LVGK.

McTavish-Strome-Terry
Henrique-Zegras-Vatrano

I'm hoping to squeak in.

Plus I bet my son that we will finish with a better record than LVGK.

Yeahhhh welp, I hope youre right but early returns aren't good. Our defense has to be worst in the NHL.
Eakins already changed first line to have terry and Zegras paired together and they should never play a minute without each other ever again as long as they both shall live
Yeahhhh welp, I hope youre right but early returns aren't good. Our defense has to be worst in the NHL.

Eakins already changed first line to have terry and Zegras paired together and they should never play a minute without each other ever again as long as they both shall live
All of this.
SS, DD. Sad
Share 49ersWebzone