LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Jeanie buss needs to do something dumb and trade LeBron or AD.

Solid post.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by titan:
Any news? I'm glad to see Pippen Jr. with our squad. Christie kinda reminds of Kuz…hopefully he develops into a good shooter.

Next 2 weeks are gonna be amazing or a complete disaster lol

There is reports that Kyrie wants to come to Lakers (even if it's for $6M TMLE) - which I find laughable. Why would he do that lol. But, if he can force Nets to trade him to Lakers before his opt-in deadline (36M contract) - then Lakers are in business. We will see - all rumors for now. It's nothing till it actually happens. They would have replaced Russ with Kai and that's a very good start to the off-season.

Need to get wings who can shoot 35% from 3 and play defense. That's what the Lakers need and a big that can play next to AD.
Why would Brooklyn take Westbrook . I would let Kyrie go take a 30M pay cut (LOL) before helping him out and taking a complete slug in Westbrook. It just makes zero sense in my opinion for the Nets to make a deal with LA

Where did I say Nets will be getting RW?

Anyway - moot point now since Kyrie has said he will finish out his contract with Nets. Nets can trade him wherever they want now though. But, I doubt anyone (other than Lakers - bc of Westbrook) wants to pay 36M to Kyrie.
A trade including Kyrie and Westbrook was never going to happen. It was fool's gold for every Lakers fan

Therein lies the rub….4ML ain't a lakers fan
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Solid post.

Not my fault that your boy LeGM ruined the roster by wanting Westbrook.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Solid post.

Ok skip - how come he couldn't get Caruso re-signed and Lue as the HC bc he certainly wanted that as well?!?

Solid post.

Ok skip - how come he couldn't get Caruso re-signed and Lue as the HC bc he certainly wanted that as well?!?

Lol you should just jump to the warriors.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by picklejuice:

Solid post.

Lol you should just jump to the warriors.

Oh who this?

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Now this is the guy Lakers should try to get. Good fit next to AD and Bron in the front court.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
We can't even give Russ away. Y'all have fun watching the Lakers next year i'm out unless he gets traded or gets hurt. I've stuck thru some god awful lottery teams and no hope seasons over the past 2 decades but he's a special kind of torture that even I cannot endure

Do think Lakers will trade Russ. They are right to say no to trading 1st round picks AND taking on long term contracts. It should be one or the other.

Also think - if Lakers do keep Russ - he'll be better if Lebron and AD are healthy and Lakers add right pieces around him - ie shooting and defense.
We can't even give Russ away. Y'all have fun watching the Lakers next year i'm out unless he gets traded or gets hurt. I've stuck thru some god awful lottery teams and no hope seasons over the past 2 decades but he's a special kind of torture that even I cannot endure

Do think Lakers will trade Russ. They are right to say no to trading 1st round picks AND taking on long term contracts. It should be one or the other.

Also think - if Lakers do keep Russ - he'll be better if Lebron and AD are healthy and Lakers add right pieces around him - ie shooting and defense.

I'm not in favor at all at giving up that first round pick. I rather take on some poop contracts instead.

Still hoping Russ grows a f**king pair and realizes nobody f**king wants him here and doesn't opt in.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I'm not in favor at all at giving up that first round pick. I rather take on some poop contracts instead.

Still hoping Russ grows a f**king pair and realizes nobody f**king wants him here and doesn't opt in.

He already opted in bro. He was always going to opt-in.

I still think team can be pretty good if AD and Bron are healthy and they add a 3nD wing or two and a stretch 5 to play next to AD.

Give me Mo Bamba and move THT for a wing.

lol

lol

Ya...Westbrook is done as a player. Not everyone is gonna age like Bron. That athletic ability of his that made him very good is half at what it is right now. And he's just not a good enough basketball player to overcome that.

AD is gonna get injured again, Bron is gonna get injured. It will be a struggle again next year imo. If somehow everyone stays healthy, we'll make the playoffs, but we won't be a contender with this roster.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Imo Lakers will find a 3rd team to send Westbrook and acquire Kyrie from Nets. Let's go!!!
Imo Lakers will find a 3rd team to send Westbrook and acquire Kyrie from Nets. Let's go!!!

I rather suck for a couple more years than bring in an even bigger b***h than Westbrook. At least Westbrook will play 80 games.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I rather suck for a couple more years than bring in an even bigger b***h than Westbrook. At least Westbrook will play 80 games.

Naah...Lebron will keep Kyrie in line for a year or two - plus he is gonna be humbled when he realizes that no one wanted him except the Lakers. He wants a big contract too. Too many things tell me - Kyrie will actually play in 2022 to fix his image.

What will the Lakers get by sucking for couple more years?? Pels have the swap next year and pick in 2024 or 2025.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 30, 2022 at 3:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone